IGNORED

3G in Pattaya, is it any good?

hero786

Hi, I would like to be connected almost all of the time. I have a iPhone 4 which takes a micro SIM card. Firstly I would like to know Where can I get this Micro SIM card? Secondly is there a good 3G signal around Pattaya area. Thanks

Go to Tukcom for the card and 3G works ok (just) in Pattaya .

Ok thanks will look for it when I get there. Hope the connection is fast and are the rates reasonable? So the SIM card is not available at an 7/11 store like the normal SIM cards are.

I have dtac and it works just fine with 3g.  I am on the 1 gig data plan.  You really don't need any more unless you are watching or downloading video and for this use wifi where possible.  My nav also works great in most parts of thailand.

The dtac card is regular size with a cotout for mini in the middle.  You can get it at the dtac booth at the airport and sign up or at 7 11.

I had a dtac sim and i had great 3g coverage everywhere i went. I used it for facetiming back home and never had a problem with connection. Always very good

Same here, I used DTAC and hardly had any issues. In some spots, especially inside it dropped to Edge but that didn't happen too much. Rates are reasonable to good in my eyes. I cannot recall the exact amount but I remember it didn't bother me at all.

<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'Brush Script MT';">Never Say Never</span></span></p><div><p><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';">about 20 trips to LOS, next trip in Dec-15...</span></span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';">

I have dtac and it works just fine with 3g.  I am on the 1 gig data plan.  You really don't need any more unless you are watching or downloading video and for this use wifi where possible.  My nav also works great in most parts of thailand.

The dtac card is regular size with a cotout for mini in the middle.  You can get it at the dtac booth at the airport and sign up or at 7 11.

----------------------

Not sure you can get it at 7-11 - Are they up to having those mini's on hand ?- I have an i5 and had to go to DTAC at 21 Mall in Bkk - Pattaya has DTAC store at the old Carrfour on Pattaya Klang, not TukCom.  

They gave me the nano card for free - actually they exchanged my current card from an older phone so I could keep the same number.

I have an AIS micro sim on thai GSM it worked fine in my i phone 4 on my next visit i changed to a galaxy s3 and could"nt get 3g i had to go to central festival to the ais shop(ground floor) for them to re-activate it,no charge.3g works fine in pattaya if you go to tukcom you can get various plans for 1 month from about 30 mins to unlimited.

Im also using dtac on my iPhone 4. Bought the card at 7-11. After instaling, i got a message in english for the different codes on How to buy the different Internett packgages. Took the 4 week free surfing 3G for 399 baht. Its fast and works perfectly.

Im also using dtac on my iPhone 4. Bought the card at 7-11. After instaling, i got a message in english for the different codes on How to buy the different Internett packgages. Took the 4 week free surfing 3G for 399 baht. Its fast and works perfectly.

If you take a plan like this, do you also get a Thai phone number for making phone calls?

If you take a plan like this, do you also get a Thai phone number for making phone calls?

Yes, its a normal sim card. The Internett packgage is just a pre paid for Internett use. I stil have to pay for calls and sms.without this packgage im sure Internett stil works, you just pay per Mb

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

----------------------

Not sure you can get it at 7-11 - Are they up to having those mini's on hand ?- I have an i5 and had to go to DTAC at 21 Mall in Bkk - Pattaya has DTAC store at the old Carrfour on Pattaya Klang, not TukCom.  

They gave me the nano card for free - actually they exchanged my current card from an older phone so I could keep the same number.

S C.... Did I understand you correctly that you had to go to BKK to get the i5 nano sim because Pattaya didn't have it? Thanks in advance...

Actually the normal sim is fine.. most cell phone stores have a punch that takes the normal sim and cuts out the nano.

Regards,

Kurt

--- Is it in yet?

Didn't DTAC have a pricing plan where you can send messages to Europe for only 5 baht each ? Happy Tourist, i think it was called. This plan was expandable with many internet options... Just : the website says the conditions (like for international sms) were valid until 31 March and they didn't change the information yet :-)
Anyone saw more recent information in shops or local DTAC stores ?

Sometimes the worst decisions bring us to the best places

See my trip reports    First time out there  Second trip report   Third trip report 2016

• 2 months later...

Archived