Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Koh Samui pier to hotel

hunneeee

Hi guys

Takin my girl here for 4 day trip...booked air asia flights arriving 23/5.

Questions are:-

Cheapest scam free option for taxi to chaweang beach.

Recommended hotel...booked the 'Baan Rom Mai' resort..looks nice,near the beach,TV,Wifi,Air con'..anybody stayed here?

How long is the ferry crossing?..3 hours??

Never been before...havn't a clue!

cheers in advance

Stee(liverpool)

Have you booked your bus/ferry ticket from Surat Thani airport to Samui yet? If you book Lomprayah online Surat Thani Airport to Samui Pier, they will drop you off at your hotel in Samui for free. I used them in Jan this year and found them reliable. 

Don't think the ferry crossing is anywhere near 3 hours. Also, what time does your flight arrive at Surat Thani airport?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi akumas

Its an air asia flight which includes ferry crossing.

Land at Si Thammarat,ferry leaves at 1630,drops off at Donsak pier then Lipa noi pier at 1930.

Seems like a bit of a 'ball ache' but serves me right for buyin' a cheap flight!!

Changed my hotel,booked into the 'Samui Verticolor hotel',they've offered a taxi to chaweng for 700baht....sounds a bit steep for a 30 minute(?) journey..thats £15!!,but if samui is anything like Phuket it'll have the local taxi mafia having the trousers off me!!

Thanks for any help/suggestions

Steve

Try the ark bar at chaweng

http://www.ark-bar.com/

Very nice ambiance at the bar near the beach, and the night you can eat on the beach. It's very romantic to do with a girl

Can you eat there anyway???

thanks for the tip.

yes always. Their bars have an restaurant section

and some night, there is barbecue party on the beach.

sounds fab...only there 4 days..is 700 baht in a taxi from the pier about right?

Red taxi ( song theo) will wait you at the end of the pier. This is a cheapest way.

For example from pier to Mae Nam Area - 50 thb, to chaveng around 100-150 thb i think.

Private taxi will cost you 500-600 thb.

Hi akumas

Its an air asia flight which includes ferry crossing.

Land at Si Thammarat,ferry leaves at 1630,drops off at Donsak pier then Lipa noi pier at 1930.

Seems like a bit of a 'ball ache' but serves me right for buyin' a cheap flight!!

Changed my hotel,booked into the 'Samui Verticolor hotel',they've offered a taxi to chaweng for 700baht....sounds a bit steep for a 30 minute(?) journey..thats £15!!,but if samui is anything like phuket it'll have the local taxi mafia having the trousers off me!!

Thanks for any help/suggestions

Steve

It's actually quite a nice journey so you should enjoy it. However the same can't be said for the journey back to Surat Thani after a night on the lash at the full moon party....

WEll I'll be takin it easy with the beer..too old now makes me ill,and,my birds a big buddhist so she doesn't drink..if she did I'd get her wrecked and then go on the 'sniff' when she's in bed feelin rough!! :GoldenSmile1:

Archived