Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Cheap(ish) Dual SIM SmartPhone

neonspirit

Is there such a thing as a relatively cheap, basic spec, dual SIM Android SmartPhone available in Thai Land?

Here in the UK I have a Galaxy Note II which I am very happy with. It is a very large handset and as such I carry it around in my jacket pocket.  As such It is not really suitable for bar hopping in Pattaya where a jacket is just not necessary, its also and expensive handset that might attact the wrong sort of attention.  I'd like something a little smaller and cheaper to carry around and that I can put my UK SIM and a Thai SIM in at the same time.

The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs less. ~Brendan Francis, Playboy, 1985

Get a £20 phone from Asda and a duel sim card holder from ebay. They work a treat and no worry if you loose it.

..........................Love your Thai neighbour..................................

...........If you been to Pattaya, you have visited Heaven .............

......................Mongering keeps the life in you.............................

I'm an Apple iPhone user myself however, I am considering switching to the SamSung Galaxy.  I love the iPhone because it's size is perfect for mobile use & travel.  I have not had any issues since I've purchased it.  No viruses, crashes whatsoever.  I am seriously considering switching to the Galaxy if the iPhone 5S has no superior improvements to the 4S.  After all that said.  Get an iPhone if all else fails....

Yes you can get a cheap Samsung Galaxy Duos, there's many mdoels now out from various manufacturers. Tukcom sell real and fakes, if u want real the samsung shop in central sells the duos for the same price in tukcom unless your haggling for a fake.

I just got a sony tipo here at home and it's awesome for all bands here and in LOS. Android 4.0 Scratchproof screen and fits in pocket nicely

More info here

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/121635-dual-sim-phone-info-for-ozthailand-3g-telstra/?hl=telstra

A tip is to check it works with your data plans and frequency networks as sometimes they have no specs on the box.

Put your sim in, and turn the data on only for that sim and see if it works before buying, and then do it the same in the other slot. Some mdoels have different frequncies for different sims. Get it right and your a happy chappy

ummm

I just got a sony tipo here at home and it's awesome for all bands here and in LOS. Android 4.0 Scratchproof screen and fits in pocket nicely

The Sony Xperia tipo dual looks like a good option. I had a quick look at the standard model in the shops today and size wise it fits the bill..  Any idea how much a genuine handset would set me back in Thailand, i'd be geting a pre pay data  SIM at the same time..

The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs less. ~Brendan Francis, Playboy, 1985

• 4 weeks later...

I have the 1st gen. & 3rd gen samsung duos..... 3rd gen (Galaxy Grand) is especially good - as big as the S3 though.....if you're looking for a good, cheap and stable dual sim phone which is also small - then I'd recommend going for 1st or 2nd gen. Duos phones - hasslefree and small.

• 2 months later...

Yes you can get a cheap Samsung Galaxy Duos, there's many mdoels now out from various manufacturers. Tukcom sell real and fakes, if u want real the samsung shop in central sells the duos for the same price in tukcom unless your haggling for a fake.

I'm using a Duos I purchased off Amazon.  Very nice phone.  Only problem [for me] is that it has only 2gb of memory, and I could use a lot more.  I have thousands of notes I'd like to keep on it.

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned,

Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned."

"The Mourning Bride", William Congreve, 1697

Archived