IGNORED

Uninstalling IE completly from Win 7?

Trying to (completely) uninstall Internet Explorer but just cant find a way to do it. Anyone on this board having any ideas?

Everyone has the right to my opinion

Why uninstall it ?

IE10 is really a very good browser.

I kept Chrome & IE10 on my computer and got rid off FireFox too heavy and slow.

depending on what you use on your computer some other applications will use IE as their route to the internet so its not a wise idea to remove it.

Chrome and Firefox are better browsers.

Thanks a lot!

Why uninstall it ?

IE10 is really a very good browser.

I kept Chrome & IE10 on my computer and got rid off FireFox too heavy and slow.

I have to disagree - personally i just dont like IE, and now i only use Firefox -and it is not at all heavy or slow on my system, and i have Chrome as a back.up.

depending on what you use on your computer some other applications will use IE as their route to the internet so its not a wise idea to remove it.

Chrome and Firefox are better browsers.

No problem if it is removed - BM seans gave me some good advice, and it will be uninstalled, but the parts of the software needed by other applications wil not be removed.

I installed IE10 on my windows 7 ; completely fxxked up.

So I went back to IE9 and works great now.

Why do you want to completely uninstall Internet Explorer?

I installed IE10 on my windows 7 ; completely fxxked up.

So I went back to IE9 and works great now.

Why do you want to completely uninstall Internet Explorer?

Simply because i dont like it. Dont like the interface, dont like anything about it (and i have used IE as my sole browser for years), i definately prefer Firefox and want IE uninstalled so it cannot interfer in my browsing in any way.

Careful with that decision to completely remove it.  There are still a few websites and services that rely on IE only, and won't work in Chrome or FF despite their 100% Acid3 compliance and great HTML5 scores.  It is a pesky Windows/IE reliance that I personally feel is unfair to the other browsers on the market.  

It is easy enough to remove all visible references to IE from your computer without having to completely uninstall it.  In addition, once you change your default program preferences, it shouldn't even come up anymore outside of a very few Windows calls. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You can remove it like many other windows apps by going to the windows features page and un-checking the bock next it's name . There is very little to no point in doing this as you can just stop using it and use something else. 

You can remove it like many other windows apps by going to the windows features page and un-checking the bock next it's name . There is very little to no point in doing this as you can just stop using it and use something else. 

That only removes the executable. You can't totally remove IE, as it shares the same rendering engine as Windows Explorer.  Just get rid of all icons, shortcuts, etc.  It will stay nicely hidden in your programs folder, but it will still be there on the rare instances that you require it.  Sadly, some website require IE and won't function properly in other browsers.  It isn't big enough to warrant erasing the executable for disk space, so the only reason why I could see someone wanting to erase it is just over some fanboyism for FF, Chrome, etc.  

You can't totally remove IE, as it shares the same rendering engine as Windows Explorer.

There is the correct answer.

up to you

Interestingly, my business e mail will not work completely with Firefox, only I.E. and Chrome. I can't open or attach files with Firefox.The system was designed for IE. The OP may run into a similar problem down the road.

Archived