Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Lone Star or Beefeaters for Mexican

My favorite Mexican place in Pattaya  Blue Parrot has closed. I noticed that Lone Star has Mexican and Beefeaters does a Mexican Buffet. I had problems checking out Beefeaters menu  online so i would like anyone's advice on how the Mexican is at these two places and what the Mexican Buffet is like and what's actually in it.

Beefeaters has best steak in town IMHO.  The Mexican Buffer on weekends is pretty good - they have the ground beef for tacos, ballpark style metled cheese, pretty good ribs.

Lone Star is pretty good - buit not so much for Mexican.  They have a so so chicken fried steak (at least they try), a great grilled chicken breast, decent chips and guac (but stingy on he guac).

I like Tequila Reef best of all for Mexican - a pretty good Mexican combo selection, so so guacamole, and spot on muy bueno Margartias on the Rocks with Patron tequila

Tequila reef is my favorite, and I live in New Mexico, anybody ever been with the petite long haired blond that sits across in a beer bar?

If we're talking specifically Mexican, then my vote goes to Lonestar and even more specifically the sizzling chicken fajitas.

I will try the chicken fajitas

As for the blond, i saw her one night basically raping a guy on the bench across from TR. she was sticking her tongue down his throat and he was grabbing her ass, etc.....they were putting on a show.

I do miss Fon....ex bar maid at TR who made the best margarita. Apparently she now work hotel.

Where is Tequila Reef located ?

Where is Tequila Reef located ?

Soi 7.

Soi 7.

Thx a lot,will try it out.

If we're talking specifically Mexican, then my vote goes to Lonestar and even more specifically the sizzling chicken fajitas.

+1  

lonestar  for tex-mex     great daily specials.

that said, Beefeater is my fave resto in patts, tho never tried mexican there.

Blue Parrots cook has started working out of Sues Place next door.

Does Sues Place do Mexican?

Love Beefeaters steak, love TR ribs. Both places are worth checking out haven't been to Lone star yet its on the to do list.

Posted Image

Tequila Reef Cantina on Soi 7 and Beach Road. Very good mexican food.  I heard the owner is from San Diego (just north of Mexico for all you geography flunkies).  

Friendly staff, good food, nice atmosphere to take a break from the action.

I can't believe some of these comments. The Beefeater is a very good, if expensive, restaurant. I wouldn't feed Lone Star food to a dog. Been there twice and had two disgraceful meals. Never again

Tequila reef is my favorite, and I live in New Mexico, anybody ever been with the petite long haired blond that sits across in a beer bar?

Second that on both fronts. That blonde owes me a bar fine for not showing up. Happy to take bar fine for a booking but won't come through. And mamasun is an evil cow that won't help you as a word of warning

ummm

Tequila Reef does *not* have good Mexican food, sorry. It's a pale imitation.

It actually used to be pretty good until about 5 or 6 years ago.

Then it started becoming hit-and-miss. Then the misses started outnumbering the hits and I just gave up on the place.

Might be straightened out now, but I'll never go back to find out.

i went to Sues yesterday and it didn't look like it was next to where the Blue parrot was it looks like they just turned the Blue Parrot into Sues1 Looked like the same menu and food so i was happy with that. Will still try out Beefeaters and Lone Star cause they look like they have some good stuff too. So mnay restaurants in pattaya and only 23 days to try them all! least i still have the Blue parrot just under a different name!

i went to Sues yesterday and it didn't look like it was next to where the Blue parrot was it looks like they just turned the Blue Parrot into Sues1 Looked like the same menu and food so i was happy with that. 

:Agree1:

Thought I would throw my 2 cents in I live in Texas and worked for over a year in AZ and NM so, I'm pretty up on my Mexican/Tex-Mex and I ate at Tequila Reef and thought it did not live up the a lot of hype that the board has shown it. Granted it was not bad, just thought it would be better. I then ate a few days later at Sunrise Tacos Pattaya (really its in Jomtien Beach), and I was shocked at how good this place was. I have to see if there Texas locations are as good as this was. If your looking for Mexican then I think its worth a try.

12 hours away from Pattaya

• 2 weeks later...

i went to Sues yesterday and it didn't look like it was next to where the Blue parrot was it looks like they just turned the Blue Parrot into Sues1 Looked like the same menu and food so i was happy with that. Will still try out Beefeaters and Lone Star cause they look like they have some good stuff too. So mnay restaurants in pattaya and only 23 days to try them all! least i still have the Blue parrot just under a different name!

My second favorite thing to do in Pattaya was sit at Blue Parrot drinking frozen margaritas.  Needless to say, I was thrilled when I saw Sue's Place had taken over Blue Parrot's menu.

Until I tried it.

I've only had one meal there but I was disappointed.  No frozen margaritas.  The lady said the machine was too expensive.  Maybe she would get one if there was enough demand.  My burritos con salsa verde looked like Blue Parrot's but the meat was completely different.  Blue Parrot used shredded beef with a distinctive, slightly vinegary, seasoning.  Sue's used generic ground beef with taco seasoning.  It didn't compare well.

Still, I would give them another chance to see if they improve.  I was there around March 10.

• 3 weeks later...

Tequila Reef does *not* have good Mexican food, sorry. It's a pale imitation.

Let me rephrase that.  "Tequila Reef has good mexican food compared to anywhere else in Thailand."

Second that on both fronts. That blonde owes me a bar fine for not showing up. Happy to take bar fine for a booking but won't come through. And mamasun is an evil cow that won't help you as a word of warning

That is one mercenary bitch . I've watched her on several evenings sucking the LD's out of passersby then ignoring them to move

on  to the next fish .She's beautiful but what a cunt . 

As for Tequila Reef it serves good food with pleasant staff . Recommended .

Archived