IGNORED

Anyone tried staying in rented accommodation

sooty

Was looking at Airbnb.com at Flats to stay in Bkk and it seems you can get some really good bargains probably looking at getting a really decent apartment with balcony for maybe £150 - 200  less a week than the same would cost you at a hotel

The only thing that puts me off is most of the people renting the house/Condo ask to be contacted beforehand and it seems almost like an interview process. They put up their "House Rules". One lady was renting her condo at £27 a night which looked a really bargain but specifiied that there was to be no eating in bed or wearing of shoes in the apartment. Now i can't be sure how she would feel about one bringing home a bargirl but i can only imagine. Others have less house rules and some apparently none outside of checking out time.

just wondered if anyone had used this service and if so how did their philandering go down with the host. I head about this site from a thread on a philippine addicts

I haven't used airbnb. So wearing shoes & eating in bed is worth 200GBP to you huh ? How the fuck is the owner going to know you're bringing back whores ? Are you just going to rent a room & share or renting an apt ? Do you think the place is camera-ed up ? Is the front desk going to call her ? Check out Craigslist and Trip Advisor as well. We got a huge 3 bdrm on 18 w/a wraparound deck & hottub for 25K/week on CL a while back. The only thing I like to eat in bed is pussy, but like to wear my shoes for better traction ! They took a deposit and we got it all back except cleaning which was reasonable..

Hello WackyJacky and thanks for your response

Maybe i need to emphasise that these are or look quality properties, in fact i have made a request to stay in a riverside apartment going at £35 a night which looks similar to a suite at the Oriental. I made reference to one property where the owner was stipulating no shoes or eating in bed and because of this i did not enquire further but other owners just stipulate a desired check in / check out time like any other hotel.

How is the owner going to know you are bringing back a whore? These places for the most part are in a complex with security guards and desk. As they own these properties they will probably know these security guards and if they do stipulate that you are not to bring back guests then i would well imagine if you did they would know about it through this source

I have looked at tripadvisor but did not see anything suitable and the prices were much higher. I have not tried Craigslist 

Let me tell you something;  AFAIK apts & serviced apts don't care who or what you bring back with you. You can have a two headed goat in lingerie, a python, and a bearded lady. It's none of their business. Once you get your key, you'll just stroll by to the elevator w/your trollop and they won't bat an eyelash. Thais are nonconfrontational by nature and you being a Farang - double it. Some hotels don't allow overnight guests that don't check in with you or don't allow 2 ladies. Even they are in the vast minority. I estimate your worries to be in the 1/100 category (probably less).

Archived