IGNORED

fresh salad bars to go. Best one?

I know of the ones at Big C Klang and tai.  I like topps at 2nd road and Pattaya Klang, but would love to find a better one..  They are sold by weight, and I usually get three servings for 200 baht.

Anyone know of other places?

Sizzler - Central or Royal Garden - great salad bar - has To Go - not sure of the exact price - about 259 for a good size container.

"Sizzler - Central or Royal Garden - great salad bar - has To Go - not sure of the exact price - about 259 for a good size container."

+1

Sizzler's salad bar is excellent.

http://www.sizzler.co.th/en/menu_salad.php

"Sizzler - Central or Royal Garden - great salad bar - has To Go - not sure of the exact price - about 259 for a good size container."

+1

Sizzler's salad bar is excellent.

http://www.sizzler.co.th/en/menu_salad.php

didnt know about to go container will check it out.  thanks.  i don't like to eat all you can eat , but to go would be great,

Try Bella Express at Pattaya Klang.They are offering a buffet for 250 baht (but if you come before 19.00 hours 200 Baht) with lots of vegetables and salads.

Have fun !

+ another for Sizzler. The salad bar is squeaky clean.

Even seen them going round taking temperature regularly.

The only place in Patts I eat salad without any worry.

Cherrys on Third rd... Top Class

Foodland has a good to-go salad bar, but no pre-prepared salads. They do have hard-boiled eggs, usually. Friendship is pretty limited, as is Best. There's one in the market at Central Festival--looks nice but I'm guessing pricey. Every Big C and Lotus has one, but the best of that bunch is the Bic C extra you already know about on Pattaya Klang. It used to be Carrefour, and their prepared foods section might be the best in town if you look at a combination of price and quality.

Their roast beef is a great value at 400 a kilo. But 60-70 baht of that, a baguette, slap on some dijon and mayo (butter for you non-amurucuns I guess) and you have one of the best sandwiches in Patters.

I also agree with the above posters--the Sizzler salad bar is a great value at 189 baht. Includes pasta and soup and is fresh, very fresh. Lots of great choices but I've never done the to-go thing. Can't remember how much it is--there's a sign advertising their to-go service so go by and check it out. I prefer the one in Royal Garden as there are fewer people there.

Foodland has a good to-go salad bar, but no pre-prepared salads. They do have hard-boiled eggs, usually. Friendship is pretty limited, as is Best. There's one in the market at Central Festival--looks nice but I'm guessing pricey. Every Big C and Lotus has one, but the best of that bunch is the Bic C extra you already know about on Pattaya Klang. It used to be Carrefour, and their prepared foods section might be the best in town if you look at a combination of price and quality.

Their roast beef is a great value at 400 a kilo. But 60-70 baht of that, a baguette, slap on some dijon and mayo (butter for you non-amurucuns I guess) and you have one of the best sandwiches in Patters.

I also agree with the above posters--the Sizzler salad bar is a great value at 189 baht. Includes pasta and soup and is fresh, very fresh. Lots of great choices but I've never done the to-go thing. Can't remember how much it is--there's a sign advertising their to-go service so go by and check it out. I prefer the one in Royal Garden as there are fewer people there.

So i checked out sizzler to go container, lots of walls so various foods won't "touch" each other if that is important.  Mu stomach doesn't have such walls.  Anyway, it looked like a poor value, compared to eating in..

Your comment about the roast beef and baquette is DEAD on.  20 baht baguette long roll,, with 60 baht of roast beef and dijon and thai  chili sauce, hold the mayo. you get four small sandwiches.  put in freezer and anytime you need a snack 1 minute in the microwave.  BOMB. Even add some sliced cucumber, onions and tomatoes.  I don't do it anymore cause they never survive overnight.  that "red" pork loin sliced for sandwiches is a similar deal!

Take a look at the one in Villa Market when you get a chance.

Take a look at the one in Villa Market when you get a chance.

great tip...I just bought some there, much better value.  THANKS!

• 3 weeks later...

Sizzler - Central or Royal Garden - great salad bar - has To Go - not sure of the exact price - about 259 for a good size container.

139 for 500 grams + 65 baht if you want soup.

Although not a salad bar, The Pizza Company has some really great salad combinations, all available to go, and all under 200 baht !

Archived