Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

SIM Card Cutter & Adapater

scubasteves

Hi,

I searched some of the old threads, but did not see what I am looking for.

1. I need a "SIM Card cutter": standerd SIM cut to Micro-SIM. Or someone who can do it without destroyning the SIM.

21KNTqM4C6L.jpg

2. I need "SIM Card Adapter": Micro SIM to Standerd.

31KehYnEfmL.jpg

Do they have these at Tuk.com?

PS: I tried to attach th PICs but not sure they work!!!

Thanks for any insight on where to go in Pattaya for this. Cheers!

I got it done at one of those Mobile stalls on the ground floor at The Avenue back in December. Can't remember exactly how much it cost but it was cheaper than I had expected, so I guess it was less than 100 baht.

I suppose they would also sell the adapter.

Thanks for All for the help. Will take a look at The Avenuse and Tuk.Com. If they dont have them, I will have to order on ebay/amazon and get it shipped to the US, and pick up when I arrive back there in April.

Just would like to get my US SIM cut prior to landing in USA, so I can call for my ride! HAha, might have to go old school and use a pay phone thingy. Not even sure how much those cost anymore, have not used one in years.

Cheers!!!!!

Thanks for All for the help. Will take a look at The Avenuse and Tuk.Com. If they dont have them, I will have to order on ebay/amazon and get it shipped to the US, and pick up when I arrive back there in April.

Just would like to get my US SIM cut prior to landing in USA, so I can call for my ride! HAha, might have to go old school and use a pay phone thingy. Not even sure how much those cost anymore, have not used one in years.

Cheers!!!!!

There are plenty of videos on YouTube showing you how to cut it down yourself using a sharp knife.

Depends if you've got a steady hand I guess!

I leave Thailand on 10 April. Do you think it will arrive in time. I have no experience ordering/shipping to Thailand?

Thanks

There are plenty of videos on YouTube showing you how to cut it down yourself using a sharp knife.

Depends if you've got a steady hand I guess!

Thanks,

Yes, I checked out most of those videos, and even tried it on an old SIM that was not needed. It came out OK I guess. Wasnt happy/confident it would be good enough.

Some "normal" size sims have a larger contact area and are unsuitable for cutting.

Nearly all the phone shops/stalls in tukcom, big c or anywhere else will cut them down for you and sell an adaptor.

To be honest I just stick the nano sim back in the old surround and tape the back of it before putting it in the sim holder on my Nokia. Would NOT do this on iPhone or any other phone that you push the sim in from the side though in case it gets stuck

Just order it on Ebay/Amazon and have it send to,

• Poste Restante
  • Jomtien Post Office, Chonburi 20261
  • Thailand

I did this many times and works fine, Jomtien post office will hold your stuff for 2 weeks untill you collect it

I guess Pattaya Post office offers the same service but I dont have their exact address other then Soi Post Office

If she aint whoring she's boring!

It's nice to be nice :)

Thanks everyone for the help. Problem solved.

Went to Tuk.Com today (2nd floor). One of the stalls there had the same cutter in the picture I posted.

Cut it for me, plus had the adapter I needed. Easy. All in 150 bht. Maybe too much but oh well. I had to buy a package of 3 adapters (nan0,micro,std) as thats all he had and did not sell separately.

S Steve

PS: It was a clean cut, did not mess up the contacts on SIM. Which was what I worried about if trying the DIY method..........

Just order it on Ebay/Amazon and have it send to,

I did this many times and works fine, Jomtien post office will hold your stuff for 2 weeks untill you collect it

I guess Pattaya Post office offers the same service but I dont have their exact address other then Soi Post Office

Never knew you could do that. Cheers.

Thailand already have the micro SIM cards. My girl bought mine from the AIS stand at the mall. 7-11 only sell the regular SIM card. Just go to the mall and get one or you can probably get one at the airport.

or Tukcom

Thailand already have the micro SIM cards. My girl bought mine from the AIS stand at the mall. 7-11 only sell the regular SIM card. Just go to the mall and get one or you can probably get one at the airport.

If she aint whoring she's boring!

It's nice to be nice :)

Just to clear things up a little. The SIM card I needed cut was a T-Mobile SIM from USA. That way when I return to the USA, I can insert it in my I-phone and hit the ground running...........

That's a different animal trying to use anything from tmobile. I hear the SIM cards on tmobile are locked to the phones they come with. But I haven't tried that. I took an old tmobile phone I have thinking I could put a SIM card in to use it. I had no luck. I found out the phone was locked and took it to tuckom. Tuckom could not even unlock it for me. I had to use my iPhone which is already unlocked.

Thanks Brianrich1,

They way I understand it the phones are locked, not the SIM's.

i am not sure. But I will be putting the T-Moble SIM in my new "un-locked" I Phone, so was under the assumption it will work. I can enable/dis-able data plans on my -mobile via website.

Worst case sceneroe I will have to use the adapter, and install the T-mobile SIM back into my HTC Android (was what i was using before).

PS: Life was so much easier before all these smart phones, hahaha. Well hope it works out.

Thanks again for the input.

S Steve

• 1 month later...

For information of anyone in Pattaya and needs an existing Thai Sim changing to a Minisim, go to the TeleWiz booth next to the stairs, They switched all my contacts, phone no and money remaining on a 12call sim to a new microsim for no charge. Doesn't help anyone wanting to change a US carrier to a micro, a vendor near the stand offered to cut one down for 40 baht. Had him try it on my old sim first and seemed to cut it ok with damage to the contacts. Will try it with a T-mobile one later.

Taoism: sh*t happens

Buddhism: if sh*t happens, it isn't really sh*t

Islam: if sh*t happens, it is the will of Allah

Catholicism: if sh*t happens, you deserve it

Judaism: why does this sh*t always happen to us?

Atheism: I don't believe this sh*t

It is a good idea to see if your provider will unlock your phone. Some will if you explain where you are going and you want a local sim as using your home one will cost you an arm and a leg. I personally never buy a locked phone so I avoid all this hassle.

I have my home sim, a Thai sim and a Cambodia sim for my iPhone with no pissing about transferring contacts from each sim as they are all on iCloud anyway.

Archived