IGNORED

Hotels in Krabi

GoldCoastJon

Heading to Krabi in Late May with the Terak for a 7 days. Can anyone suggest a nice hotel to stay at, budget is up to 2500 Baht per night. No real special requirements other than not being to far off the beaten track

Thanks

Jon

I would give Krabi Town a miss, and Book somewhere near Ao Nang Matey.

It is close to Beach, has a bit of night-life and great views out over the Bay, plus you can Hire a Boat to take you further out to those pretty Island we all dream about.

Motorbike Hire is a piece of piss on Krabi as is riding one much less traffic.

About 20 Mins Bike ride is an Elephant Trekking place, some Waterfalls the normal stuff you may want to do together plus you can get to Fossil Beach in the same time and other Bays.

I forget the Name of the hotel I use but if you check Google McDonald's Ao Nang it was set back behind that and all the other hotel to suit all Budgets are around this stretch.

Hope this helps a bit and 2.500 will get a nice hotel.

Taxi will take around 40 Mins Airport to hotels and other cheaper options are available.

IMO better to book Transfers before you get there always cheaper.

I will see if I can dig up some stuff I have but do not hold your breathe as I am very Busy and most of my recent posting are via my Phone.

Have a good time and Kiss your Girl from me 55555555

Ghosty

I agree with Ghosty - Krabi town is not really worth bothering with but Ao Nang is great.

Reasonable nightlife with a few bar complexes and most without BGs.

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

I would give Krabi Town a miss, and Book somewhere near Ao Nang Matey.

It is close to Beach, has a bit of night-life and great views out over the Bay, plus you can Hire a Boat to take you further out to those pretty Island we all dream about.

Motorbike Hire is a piece of piss on Krabi as is riding one much less traffic.

About 20 Mins Bike ride is an Elephant Trekking place, some Waterfalls the normal stuff you may want to do together plus you can get to Fossil Beach in the same time and other Bays.

I forget the Name of the Hotel I use but if you check Google McDonald's Ao Nang it was set back behind that and all the other Hotel to suit all Budgets are around this stretch.

Hope this helps a bit and 2.500 will get a nice Hotel.

Taxi will take around 40 Mins Airport to Hotels and other cheaper options are available.

IMO better to book Transfers before you get there always cheaper.

I will see if I can dig up some stuff I have but do not hold your breathe as I am very Busy and most of my recent posting are via my Phone.

Have a good time and Kiss your Girl from me 55555555

Ghosty

Thanks for the info Ghosty. I will probably look for a place Ao Nang. Heaps of choices with hotels. I may even just book 1 or 2 nights and have a look around at others. The waterfalls sound great, will have to do my research on the things to see while m there.

I'll be sure to give her a big joob joob for you 555

Thanks again mate

Jon

Hi guys,

Quick question, is 1 week ok for Ao Nang, or is that too long. Going with 'my GFE' for romantic shit. :)

(I don't expect any problems with the lady).

Thanks!

A week is fine there is some great lake fishing, elephant trekking, scuba diving, climbing, island hopping etc.  Also some good bars and a couple of superb restaurants.  For a romantic meal head up to 'Hilltop' just before sunset, watch sunset while you have cocktails then some superb food. There is a Buddha shrine thing about 500 meters from the restaurant so she can make some merit first.

When are you going? If next month, maybe we can meet for a beer ?

My now wife and I stayed at Pakkasai.  The rooms are in a Jungle canopy and the pool is on the roof-top.

Its a slight walk down to the Ao Nang beachfront, but nice....

The boat trip out to Phi Phi island is well worth it, if the seas are flat and calm.  A trip over to Railay beach might be a very nice day out too GCJ......Krabi Town is just a town.

2450 baht on wotif.com including breakfast.

LR endorsed

Dumsoda endorsed

Normally we'll be in Ao Nang 9/5-16/5...

Arriving 28/4 in Pattaya, but going to Koh Samed after 2 days, then 1 week Pattaya or so...

Another question... would you book hotel in advance for may? Or is it so low season that there are enough rooms available for last minute bookings?

Prices do not change much, I would probably book now through Agoda or hotels.com.

My now wife and I stayed at Pakkasai.  The rooms are in a jungle canopy and the pool is on the roof-top.

Its a slight walk down to the Ao Nang beachfront, but nice....

The boat trip out to Phi Phi island is well worth it, if the seas are flat and calm.  A trip over to Railay beach might be a very nice day out too GCJ......Krabi Town is just a town.

2450 baht on wotif.com including breakfast.

LR endorsed

Dumsoda endorsed

Thanks for the info LRanger

a week in Krabi??

A night or two at Ao Nang is enough,  head south along the beach, there are some nice ones in that price range with pools and all

Make sure u make a visit to Wat Tam Suea ( just south of town ) an climb the 1,200 steps or so to the top for some great views.

http://www.krabidb.com/krabi-attractions/Wat-Tham-Suea-Tiger-Cave-Temple-3.html

and than head to Koh Lanta, only 90 minutes further south by car or bus

I am not going to travel from Pattaya to Ao Nang for 2 nights with my GFE... But maybe 1 week is too long for a week of romance. I don't know. :-/

like i said, head down to Koh Lanta after 2 days in Krabi

some beautiful places on the beach, just check out Agoda

Oh ok... Will investigate! Thx for the tip. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived