Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pattaya Sewage system

myfriendme

Yes I believe its an open vented system and its alot cheaper to install.

It still smells 1000% better than it did 15yrs ago. Every time it rained the drains overflowed and the shit hit the streets! Not much fun if you had to ride your bike through it.

Be scene and not herd.

It still smells 1000% better than it did 15yrs ago. Every time it rained the drains overflowed and the shit hit the streets! Not much fun if you had to ride your bike through it.

A scat lovers dream. :D

• 3 weeks later...

it is open, but covered with those big cement blocks, which leak odor all the time and shit some of the time during the rainy season.

tric

This is a problem, and will probably be the reason I expect I'll eventually move away from patts after I live there for a while. You can only put up with the smell of shit for so long.

For those who live there -

What are the worst areas for shit smell, and how frequently is it noticable?

Thats because pats and Phuket from what I have seen have a nearly NON EXISTENT sewage system, its just a open sewage that leads to the ocean pretty much. Ive seen a have a half assed leech pond in Phuket, but there is no real infrastructure in thailand as I see it. Shit the french 17 century sewage system was more advanced then thailands.. I wish the government was less corrupt and would invest the money they pilfer for themselves back into the country..

No lie you can go to the top of kamala and look onto Patong bay and in the mornings you can see the huge brown water area were the sewage is dumped out. and Iam sure pattaya has got to be worse I havent seen it so I cant say for sure.

For example after the tsunami hit phukets beach road lost most of its power and phone lines .. you seen how FUGLY they are, looks like a bunch of spaghetti wires and it generally makes the place look bad, well they had to rebuild, and the locals wanted to use under ground lines for looks as well as saftey etc.. and this was the perfect oppurtunity to do so.. but HELL no they didnt want to fork out the money, its cheaper to stick a wire on a coconut tree stump and call it a day..

But to fix the power line issue is MUCH easier and cheaper then for them to put in a REAL water/sewage infrastructure in place. so that is NOT going to happen in anyones lifetime. To me the Lack of such a system is one the phukets and pattaya's biggest down falls and will become increasingly more of a problem as they continue to expand at the incredible rate they are without such a system in place.

I havent been around BKK long enough to know how they are, but I would hope they have at least a half assed system in place where as phuket/pattaya dont..

The Difference between a Western women and a Thai Women

you say. “Can I buy you a cup of coffee?†sounds to a western woman something like “How about a threesome with you and your sister?â€

Where as in Thailand, if you ask a woman “How about a threesome with you and your sister?†her probable response will be “Sure but can you buy us a cup of coffee first?â€

Thats because pats and phuket from what I have seen have a nearly NON EXISTENT sewage system, its just a open sewage that leads to the ocean pretty much. Ive seen a have a half assed leech pond in phuket, but there is no real infrastructure in thailand as I see it. Shit the french 17 century sewage system was more advanced then thailands.. I wish the government was less corrupt and would invest the money they pilfer for themselves back into the country..

No lie you can go to the top of kamala and look onto patong bay and in the mornings you can see the huge brown water area were the sewage is dumped out. and Iam sure pattaya has got to be worse I havent seen it so I cant say for sure.

For example after the tsunami hit phukets beach road lost most of its power and phone lines .. you seen how FUGLY they are, looks like a bunch of spaghetti wires and it generally makes the place look bad, well they had to rebuild, and the locals wanted to use under ground lines for looks as well as saftey etc.. and this was the perfect oppurtunity to do so.. but HELL no they didnt want to fork out the money, its cheaper to stick a wire on a coconut tree stump and call it a day..

But to fix the power line issue is MUCH easier and cheaper then for them to put in a REAL water/sewage infrastructure in place. so that is NOT going to happen in anyones lifetime. To me the Lack of such a system is one the phukets and pattaya's biggest down falls and will become increasingly more of a problem as they continue to expand at the incredible rate they are without such a system in place.

I havent been around BKK long enough to know how they are, but I would hope they have at least a half assed system in place where as phuket/pattaya dont..

uuugggh! my last trip, i nearly lost it on a jetski and ended up swallowing some sea water! f that! i probably drank some poop!

Thats because pats and phuket from what I have seen have a nearly NON EXISTENT sewage system, its just a open sewage that leads to the ocean pretty much. Ive seen a have a half assed leech pond in phuket, but there is no real infrastructure in thailand as I see it. Shit the french 17 century sewage system was more advanced then thailands.. I wish the government was less corrupt and would invest the money they pilfer for themselves back into the country..

No lie you can go to the top of kamala and look onto patong bay and in the mornings you can see the huge brown water area were the sewage is dumped out. and Iam sure pattaya has got to be worse I havent seen it so I cant say for sure.

Thanks for this response. It's good to see someone else recognizes the seriousness of this issue, and like I said will be a huge factor in the time I will spend there. It will also mean less of my money that will be spent or invested there. The Thais will be the ones who will ultimately lose out, because of the corruption, stupidity, or unwillingnes to recognize the necessity for adequate infrastructure.