Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Question about Erawan Falls -Kanchanaburi

nightlyf

I will be in Kanchanaburi in April. i know it is not the wet season, but i really want to check out Erawan Falls, and swin there for a day.

Will the falls be flowing and swimmable? Thanks.

I will be in Kanchanaburi in April. i know it is not the wet season, but i really want to check out Erawan Falls, and swin there for a day.

I was there in March and went up to the high levels. Plenty of water even there. There are 7 levels.

At the lower levels, even more water.

It was really hot.

Had a great time and stayed in the area at one of the small hard to find hotels.

I've been there on several ocassions in the past and the falls are swimmable year-round, dry season will have less water in the falls but the pools are always filled! :Moon2:

Best to go a weekday, if you want to avoid the thaicrowds during weekends! :Chokdee:

Plahgat

Erawan_waterfall.jpg

Edited by plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

• 1 month later...

Great idea, to visit Erawan park while in Kanchanburi. :D I was up there for the annual festival this past November. If you are on a budget, or a cheap bastard like me, you can get there on the public bus system out of the main terminal downtown. Most hotels will also arrange minivan tour buses. Not for the laziest of TGs. Getting to the 7th fall is quite a hike over rocky trails. I felt sorry for one Tg wearing heels and a little mini skirt. See looked great; but was miserable about the hike up the hill! The exercise is worth it. This place is awesome! :P

Another great public trip is to the Tiger temple. I would not take the public bus in summer; it drops you off 1km from the temple. I took the bus all the way out to Saiyoke Yai, public bus takes around 2hrs from downtown. Get to see a lot of locals this way. That park is not as noce as Erawan... only the one fall. They did have river boat trips and tour groups floating down the river here in lifevests.

• 10 months later...

The public bus is a good option. If you have transport you can stay along the road in a 'resort' All are a bit overpriced for that they offer. Was not impressed at all.

Basically a bungalow with facilities. 300-400 baht room in Pattaya that is.

Avoid the Falls on weekends. Overrun.

If you can get up to the dam, there is a nice restaurant. VERY reasonable and good food. Selection limited but its tasting fine.

Drivers can do a detour to Muang Singh historic park. Nice Khmer temple.

Take the climb all the way to the top

I did it in the hot/wet season and it was gruelling

Would be quite pleasant at these temperatures though

Great falls, lovely views

the whole complex is now also used as a mental health farm for over-dosed farangs. Any male who thinks he got enough of thai or asian women is accepted. They get some cold beers and can put their feet in the water.

After a while they can watch the procession of overweight or obese western women. Worst of it: in tank tops (never was that denominator more true). They sweat and transpire, their skin turns in to cooked pork cuts.... you try to pass them on the upper levels... hard.. so much deformed meat....and then they try to get up the stairs. Full view of their terrible butts....

I never loved my gf so much like on that Sunday morning..... By the way, she now trusts me that nothing is going on when I m in Europe or the U.S.

Be prepared if you go there. Ah, did i mention that they talk on top of their ugly looks? Worst was how they looked at my gf.....

Don't forget the 400 baht fee to get in there.

"Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light" Spike Milligan

• 7 months later...

The fish kept me out of the water, simple way too many of them, attacking you, when you stepped in, however the water looked nice, and is supposedly good for the skin.

no way i was letting the fish stop me.

the water was as irresistable as a farm fresh issan girl

Edited by nightlyf

no way i was letting the fish stop me.

the water was as irresistable as a farm fresh issan girl