IGNORED

Website Image Downloader (scraper)

zerocool

Hey guys,

Can anyone help with a good image downloader that would work on this website?

http://www.kanjung.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=61

Most of the photos posted link to http://upicx.com/show/.  Example of one of the image links is http://upicx.com/show/41172

There are 1000's of posts of Thai university girl photos (like posted by another BM). 

I would like to bulk download all of the photos posted and then upload the files to a fileshare website and share with the board...

Thanks!

Zero

What I would do is use Chrome and get the "Download Master" extension.  You can filter out all the image files and download them all.  The downside is that it will likely capture all the images on the page.  When it does that, I'd just sort by size and delete the smallest images. 

I use HTTrack it can rip whole web sites or just certain file extensions great for data mining ;-). Been using it for years great app.

Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held.

Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin.

Believe nothing just because someone else believes it.

Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I thought someone said they would post the pics in a RAR on some download site. So that not everyone has to scrape. I just wrote a script, I found it easier than playing with bs applications.

I thought someone said they would post the pics in a RAR on some download site. So that not everyone has to scrape. I just wrote a script, I found it easier than playing with bs applications.

So why not post the script for others to use?

Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held.

Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin.

Para you make a good point, and I might do that in the future but I have found that most people don't know how to run a powershell script, and if they could, they'd put one together themselves. I have been a recipient of no-good-deed-goes-unpunished (with tons of, "it doesn't work on my machine" or "how do you run it" etc.) and this is on sites that cater to scripts etc. A basic script should be 40 lines or less using New-Object System.Net.WebClient

The other main issue is that mine is very specific to crypto key processes and storage server locations. It won't work without other encryption software on your system, and a host location. Sure, I could rewrite it for the masses but thats what the DL software is for and otherwise someone said they'd post it on mega or something.

Para you make a good point, and I might do that in the future but I have found that most people don't know how to run a powershell script, and if they could, they'd put one together themselves. I have been a recipient of no-good-deed-goes-unpunished (with tons of, "it doesn't work on my machine" or "how do you run it" etc.) and this is on sites that cater to scripts etc. A basic script should be 40 lines or less using New-Object System.Net.WebClient

The other main issue is that mine is very specific to crypto key processes and storage server locations. It won't work without other encryption software on your system, and a host location. Sure, I could rewrite it for the masses but thats what the DL software is for and otherwise someone said they'd post it on mega or something.

I fully understand what you are saying mate if someone knows how to use the base software then they would know who to write the script. Offering something that technical will only bite you in the ass trying to support non tech BM's.

To be honest you posted that someone said they would scrap and file-share the pictures but never then said you had written a script to do it but also never posted it. As my mum used to tell me '2 wrongs dont make a right'!

Easier to point them to some basic picture crapping s/ware and run away saying RTFM!

I was referring to this post (which we have all seen) http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/134426-who-wants-to-look-at-thai-university-girls/  .There were some suggestions in that original post.

allegedly here is the location to a copy of OEE which many people use.

http://downloads.ziddu.com/downloadfiles/21101298/Offline_Explorer_Enterprise_v6.5.3880.zip

Actually the OP (dade murphy aka zerocool) of this thread was the one who said if he could download the content he'd put it up on a hosting site. I assume he figured it out but hasn't posted a zip of the files ;(

I was referring to this post (which we have all seen) http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/134426-who-wants-to-look-at-thai-university-girls/  .There were some suggestions in that original post.

allegedly here is the location to a copy of OEE which many people use.

http://downloads.ziddu.com/downloadfiles/21101298/Offline_Explorer_Enterprise_v6.5.3880.zip

Actually the OP (dade murphy aka zerocool) of this thread was the one who said if he could download the content he'd put it up on a hosting site. I assume he figured it out but hasn't posted a zip of the files ;(

No I know what you was referring to I was having a slight dig in my first reply to you.

Cheers for the script I will take a look.

My guess is he either hasn't worked out how to do it or is still *pleasing* himself over the results....!

I scraped both 61 and 40 (topic numbers). just tons and tons of stuff. a few jems (uni girls in uniforms)

I scraped both 61 and 40 (topic numbers). just tons and tons of stuff. a few jems (uni girls in uniforms)

There are certainly some quality pictures in there.

I know I'm late to the discussion, but thought I'd throw my hat in the pile because I used to use this took when I did web development.  It is called Black Widow.  It is a multi-thread site ripper, but can also use filters to only get certain file types.  In that context, it is a content extractor.  I used to use it to see website structures to understand how others were building their sites.  I'd also search some websites for pre-announcement content to get the inside scoop (ie. scour your mobil phone company website to see if you can find content on pre-release phones or hidden promotions).  

Admittedly, I haven't used it in a few years so I don't know if it is still as simple and functional as it used to be, but it was my go-to tool for site ripping.  It is one of the first hits if you Google "Black Widow" and "site ripper". 

hit control alt print screen on windows computers

then just paste in paint

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

then just paste in paint

I think OP is talking about image extraction of an entire website or site directory, which requires downloading multiple original size files.  That's why we were all recommending website rippers/extractors that craw the directory and pull the files you want.  It would be rather tedious if the website had hundreds of images and you were to use a copy & paste method.  You also can't guarantee that you will be saving the highest resolution of the image with the cut & paste method.  

Lastly, you don't need to press the "alt" button.  Just "Print Screen" to capture a screen shot that is held in your copy cache. It still works when pressing both, but it isn't required to press the alt.  

then just paste in paint

so, that would work but both 40 and 61 topics have a combined total of more than 11,000 pics. That manual process would take some time.

In regard Little Evil, .... Alt-PrintScreen VS PrintScreen.

PrintScreen will snap a copy of everything showing up on the monitor at that time

Alt-PrintScreen will snap a copy of everthing showing up in the active Window at that time (potentially a better option almost all of the time unless you just run one application and it is full screen maximimized all the time)

so, that would work but both 40 and 61 topics have a combined total of more than 11,000 pics. That manual process would take some time.

In regard Little Evil, .... Alt-PrintScreen VS PrintScreen.

PrintScreen will snap a copy of everything showing up on the monitor at that time

Alt-PrintScreen will snap a copy of everthing showing up in the active Window at that time (potentially a better option almost all of the time unless you just run one application and it is full screen maximimized all the time)

I stand corrected.  I forgot that alt did something for screen captures. +1 advice.  

Archived