IGNORED

Bringing a Phone

thechicco32

im a bit worried about bring my Iphone 5 as I know im going to get pretty mashed and don't want to end up losing or breaking it.

was just wondering am I better off just getting a cheap phone here and just getting a pay as you go sim over there. or is it better to get the phone and sim over there.

also does anyone know if they pay as you go sims over there also have a data limit it as I would still like to be able to use the net.

thanks in advance for any info.

I carried my 4s and no issues, only worry for my black i5 is scratches. I need my maps and camera, no cheap alternative for the iphone.

If your phone isn't locked to any carrier, no problem using it in LOS.You get dtac sims at the airport, 7 day unlimited 3G from the day of purchase. Not sure of the validity, etc as I'm never there for more than a week.

Just get a cheap UNlocked phone at home then put a sim at the airport, True Move have a free sim without internet. No point risking Iphone.

Be well Dave

[URL=[url="http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html%5D"]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html][/url][img]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/babydollsaddict.gif[/img][/URL]  

Why not just take your phone and nit take it out at night when on the Piss.

I take my Laptop Phone all sorts of Shit plus Money and always been ok locking it away in safe at night

Ghosty

Why not just take your phone and nit take it out at night when on the Piss.

I take my Laptop Phone all sorts of Shit plus Money and always been ok locking it away in safe at night

Ghosty

Main reason is I'm going with my girl. Want to be able to get in contact with one another if we get split or If I find a girl I like.( she is very understanding) going to be there during the Thai new year(water fight) sorry don't know the Thai spelling of the word. That's another reason I would rather a cheap phone on me

Main reason is I'm going with my girl. Want to be able to get in contact with one another if we get split or If I find a girl I like.( she is very understanding) going to be there during the Thai new year(water fight) sorry don't know the Thai spelling of the word. That's another reason I would rather a cheap phone on me

It's called Songkran and I'm heading over there for my first Songkran also.

If you really think you will be too drunk and lose your phone then I would strongly recommend you just by a cheapo over there for about 1000baht.

I take my unlocked iPhone 4S and have had one LB try and steal it out of my pocket but as long as you are aware you will have no problems.

For Songkran I'm getting a lifeproof cover. My mate has one for is iPhone and swears by them.

He takes photos of fish underwater all the time and the cover is completely waterproof!

Check out the DTAC website for their Internet plans.

I have a sim with them and as soon as I land I send off a message and get 3Gig of Internet that lasts one month...plenty for a 2-3 week holiday and it costs 650Baht.

If you have any other questions about it send me a PM...more than happy to help.

Ps bringing sand (your GF) to the beach...risky business.

I hope it works out ok for you.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I brought my phone from Canada before, and got there and it was useless, because it was locked. Turns out we have to pay to have it unlocked. I went down to the shopping mall, forget the name of the place, and bought a cheap Nokia phone there for 700 baht, and purchased a Thai sim card. It does the trick. It's good to have a phone, but be careful who you give your number out too. I gave my number out to a girl before, and she called and called and called. Turned out to be a real nuisance. 

That is Songkran.

Get a waterproof cover like 999Baht mentioned OR

just buy 2 cheap phones & get DTAC 'happy tourist sim' so you guys can keep in touch

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/postpaid/products/ShortStayVisitors.html

I bring a cheap phone with me and put a Thai SIM, I don't think you'll have problems with your normal phone though

It's called Songkran and I'm heading over there for my first Songkran also.

If you really think you will be too drunk and lose your phone then I would strongly recommend you just by a cheapo over there for about 1000baht.

I take my unlocked iPhone 4S and have had one LB try and steal it out of my pocket but as long as you are aware you will have no problems.

For Songkran I'm getting a lifeproof cover. My mate has one for is iPhone and swears by them.

He takes photos of fish underwater all the time and the cover is completely waterproof!

Check out the DTAC website for their Internet plans.

I have a sim with them and as soon as I land I send off a message and get 3Gig of Internet that lasts one month...plenty for a 2-3 week holiday and it costs 650Baht.

If you have any other questions about it send me a PM...more than happy to help.

Ps bringing sand (your GF) to the beach...risky business.

I hope it works out ok for you.

Thanks for the Info. will def check out the DTAC website. I will prob just by a cheap phone from either here or over there and just put a sim in it.

as for my GF, don't worry its not our 1st trip to Thailand. been to Patong once and was in pattaya for Songkran back in 2011. she will either join in with the fun or just let me do my own thing, depending on her mood.

Dont worry a bit. Most of the girls around you will be having high end smart phones. Its perfectly safe. Just follow basic precaution.

im a bit worried about bring my Iphone 5 as I know im going to get pretty mashed and don't want to end up losing or breaking it.was just wondering am I better off just getting a cheap phone here and just getting a pay as you go sim over there. or is it better to get the phone and sim over there.also does anyone know if they pay as you go sims over there also have a data limit it as I would still like to be able to use the net.thanks in advance for any info.

I always take my iPhone around town with but then I couldn't give a fuck if I lose or break it - if your phone has some 'value' to you then just buy a cheap phone with sim when you arrive.

Make sure your iPhone is unlocked from your current sim provider otherwise it won't work with a Thai sim card. Don't bother getting a data plan, wifi is almost everywhere - unless of course you are some kind of urber nerd who can't go ten mins without updating Facebook........

I bought the cheapest Nokia they sell and it works perfect for me.  I could lose 30 and still beat break even if my real one was lost.

I've lost a couple of cheap phones now, they were so bad the girls run out to give it back, now I don't bother with phone at all. Seem to manage OK but if were to change my mind, the cheaper the better, maybe get one from UK unlocked, the more tatty it is, the better it is.

I am another one who will be there for Sonkgran, for the lsat 3 days, going Kolat for the festival there, very different, but still wet :-)

Have fun

Go to Tukcom, buy a Samsung copy about 2000bht load your apps and away you go. I had the same dilemma with my Iphone 5, when I was there 3 weeks ago and that is what I did. Cheers mate

"Growing old is inevitable, but growing up is optional"

:ILoveSex1:

I use my iphone no worries but have lost it several times, or rather left in in bars... lucky I frequent the same ones and they usually wait for me to come back lol...

You can get one for next to nothing from Tukcom centre...$10 for a cheap ass Nokia... if you are as drunk and stupid as me then just buy one of these... I also bought a copy iphone 4 for about $20

...Using the force, one bar at a time

had my iphone4 zipped up in my shorts pockets, no problems, glad i took it, got heaps of great pics and videos, even better looking at them now at home here, pissing myself laughing and throwing all of this in others faces by send txts of pics / vids to those who couldn't understand my freedom in Patts...5555555

I brought my phone from Canada before, and got there and it was useless, because it was locked. Turns out we have to pay to have it unlocked. I went down to the shopping mall, forget the name of the place, and bought a cheap Nokia phone there for 700 baht, and purchased a Thai sim card. It does the trick. It's good to have a phone, but be careful who you give your number out too. I gave my number out to a girl before, and she called and called and called. Turned out to be a real nuisance. 

he could just take his iphone for pics and vids, then buy cheaper phone while there for contacts

I'll be over for Songkran but will leave iPhone 5 in the safe during this period and use cheap phone.

If you want a cheap sim free phone and want to get it before you go then all the PAYG phones in carphone warehouse are unlocked to any network as standard when you buy them.

i bought both a cheap one and my sony experia S now while i began with the cheap phone i soon changed to experia because of the internet wifi facebook uploads etc just so easy with a camera always handy 12 mp just cant do withoud...

i was thinking about the fake galaxy 3 in tucom but  a mate has bought there and they where 4k not as cheap as ppl are saying here ..

also a tip for the songkran .. get a sony experia Z no need for a cover its water proof can handle showers and pools...... plus good camera 13 mp but probably wont be cheap 

Damn, missed out on the sim at bangkog airport, i didnt see it somehow. I still have my old pre pay sim i got when i landed in Phuket. Am sure the credits have run out as the last time i filled it up was in october. Am i still able to refill on that same sim / no. and then be able to use it. Or once it expires, do i need to get a new sim? Its a True-Move sim as that was what was given out in Phuket airport. 

Most have a 12 month life  if you dont top up

You can lead a horticulture but you can't teach a prototype

Archived