IGNORED

Daeng Sum in Avenue - good thai and chinese food.

There is a new place that opened couple of weeks ago in the back of Avenue shopping mall, closer to Soi 15 Buakhao then second road, I think it's called Daeng Sum something something. It's new, it's clean, serves good Thai and Chinese dishes at 70-80 baht per dish, service is very nice so far (maybe due to small amount of customers), big menu in English, Thai and Russian, with pictures. 

Place open from 10 AM to 4 AM. The set up is similar to Kiss Food but I would say food and service are better, and no fake watch salesman walking up to you every 2 minutes.

I like this place for lunch, but unless you walk on Soi 15 from time to time it's hard to notice, I guess this is why they don't have as much customers as the deserve in my opinion. 

So if you stay nearby, like Thai food and prefer to pay around 100 baht for a meal - I would recommend to check it out.

P.S.

Yes you can have same quality food or even better for 30 - 40 baht eating on the street.

No I am not affiliated with this place in any way except being their customer.

We tried this place already and have been absolutely satisfied! In the day time its nice windy and not hot at all. Even the coffee is very fair priced and offered in an upperclass quality ... 

• 2 months later...

I have eaten here a couple of times and find it really good value and excellent food.The service has been prompt and efficient, (although staff outnumbered customers at the time,so it should be good). 

I ate the Mussaman Gai and it was excellent, one of the best I have had in Pattaya.

They also provided a complimentary small plate of vegetables with a mix of pickled shallotts, garlic, chilli when I ordered my main meal on the 2 occassions I have eaten there. 

I will definetly go back.

Its called Daeng Dam (Red Black), and is a sister branch to the long standing institution of a restaurant on Pattaya Glang.

Agree with what your all saying

I have eaten there half a dozen times and take away once

The take away was because I got in from my nights session at 1 in the afternoon

So I wasn't up for much that day and sent telak out for a takeaway in the evening

Eat around 95% thai food when I'm there

Anyway I asked for a masamam beef curry I have never had a masamam curry before ( so can't comment on if its the best out there ) I only ever eat beef in Thailand when I think it's imported

But it was a day for having something different oh my god what a great choice there was big thick slices of beef steak,like the best most tender braised steak I get at home

The meat was just a tad pink in the middle firm but 100% not tough it was the best meal I had over there for years ( maybe except Mata Hari ) a few days later I had to go back again I wasn't expecting it to be has good as the hangover cure but I was wrong it was just as good

As are other things on the menu and the tirak likes everything she has had there

Very clean and bright,just get a seat near a fan

This place does deserve its own post and worth a try

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for that I am staying in the avenue condos right now and have been tempted by the specials as I have walked by. Will give it a shot.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried it. Big menu, when trying to order things I got a lot of "no hab today". About half of the starters were not available...

Stay away from the window tables - lots of flies there.

The starter (chicken satay) arrived after the main course (beef massaman)...

The chicken satay skewers were reheated, but not enough (parts of them were lukewarm). The beef massaman had decent beef but no real taste in the curry.

Not coming back :).

I have eaten here a couple of times and find it really good value and excellent food.The service has been prompt and efficient, (although staff outnumbered customers at the time,so it should be good). 

I ate the Mussaman Gai and it was excellent, one of the best I have had in Pattaya.

They also provided a complimentary small plate of vegetables with a mix of pickled shallotts, garlic, chilli when I ordered my main meal on the 2 occassions I have eaten there. 

I will definetly go back.

Ok I'm sold.

Will try it this week.

• 2 months later...

Ok I'm sold.

Will try it this week.

I may need to apologise to Stuff on Sticks, Sorry Mate, if you didnt find the food to your liking.

I ate here a few days ago, and had my favourite Mussaman Gai, and it was terrible, one of the worst I have attempted to eat, but gave it away very early on.

My Mussaman Gai was served luke warm, had a layer of oil approximately 5mm thick on top of the curry, which I didnt really see untill I stuck my spoon in and sort of stired it up a bit. I tried to spoon off the excess oil, with little luck,trying to place it on another plate that was on the table.The 2 pieces of potatoe were not cooked and were rock hard.

All in, this meal was atrocious, I can only hope it was an off day but I must admit I will not be eating here for a while or untill I see some positive comments.

I may draw some negative comments for this, but, I did actually tip my waitress well, who was a delight and very attentive and although the meal was terrible, she was very sweet, even trying to explain a similar recipe her mother cooks back in Issan.

I dont carry on too much with these things, I just move on and hope to find better meals on my journey.

Apologies if anyone has had a bad meal on my glowing recommendation that I previously posted.

Tried it last week, plagued with Mosquitos , they blamed nearby drains, chicken masaman was served on the bone with skin and lukewarm , sorry will not be returning.

Archived