IGNORED

Jailbreaking / Unlocking IPhone3

simon1406

Quick one and no Im not off down the half dozen (not yet anyway).

I have heard of the terms 'Jailbreaking' and 'Unlocking' for Iphones. Are these both the same thing?

I have an iphone 3 that has been unlocked and i want to bring it with me on my next trip and buy a prepaid calls/data sim once I am  in Thailand. Any suggestions on which one to get and can I get it at the airport?

Thanks.

Jailbreaking and unlocking are 2 different things , Jailbreaking is when you change the operating system on your i phone. Just like you i have an unlocked i phone , mine is a iphone 4. When you arrive at bangkok airport , collect your luggage, once you are in the arrivals hall you will see many phone companies service desks. I use AIS , the sim is commonly called 1 2 call,Tell the staff what you are after , eg lots of calls , data plan . just hand the phone over to the staff they will insert the new sim card for you  and set up the phone right in front of you . you pay the fee and you are set . Each time i go back i return to the same service desk and get a credit to up before i hop into the taxi. You can also get 12 call sim cards at 7/11

This is the counter you are looking for ,

BkkAirport20L.jpg

Happy days. Thank you for the prompt reply. The phone was used on O2 here in the UK and it will be the first time Ive taken it To Thailand. I had been using an old Nokia whilst I was abroad but now have this one spare .

Thanks again. AIS it is.

Archived