IGNORED

Some Restaurants in Pattaya...

Hmmm... have - for different reasons - not been in Pattaya "lately" / for some time...

Can you reconfirm / recommend the still same Restaurants that I came to like in the past:

- Casa Pascale

- Captains Corner

- Daidomon (used to have one in the Mall)

Any other good place... ? YOU could recommend... ?

What about any good (quality) Buffet place (Seafood / others) ?  (Not Apex or Lek).

Thank you so much for your inputs... !

Oh... and "off topic"... What are the "wild Bars" these days (with some decent line-up)... ?

Appreciate the info and all good feedback !

Best regards.

* HOTROD * (JamesEB) *@ The Lewis Grand Hotel"Where Luxury is affordable"!@ www.LewisGrand.comAngeles City, Philippineslgh_logo.jpghttp://lewisgrand.com/photos/ 

Casa Pascal (sp?) and Captain's Corner are still there, but there is no Daidomon. It has been replaced by many other buffet places--Sukishi, Shabushi, Oishi.

As to other recommendations, just read this section and you'll get a lot.

I will suggest the Ritz on Soi 13/1, which was mentioned in Nixonsbest's breakfast reviews.  Went for the first time on this trip and made it back a second time 2 days later.  

Here's a photo of the Full English breakfast (no tomato or mushrooms on my plate because I asked the waitress  to take them off).  I think it was 180 baht, but the quality of everything was top shelf.

Full English breakfast.JPG

Casa Pascal (sp?) and Captain's Corner are still there

Cool... we' ll "hit" them soon...

but there is no Daidomon. It has been replaced by many other buffet places--Sukishi, Shabushi, Oishi.

"Sukishi, Shabushi, Oishi"... ? - Sounds "interesting"... Will have to look up the one or other of these Restaurants... Where are they located... ?

I will suggest the Ritz on Soi 13/1, which was mentioned in Nixonsbest's breakfast reviews. Went for the first time on this trip and made it back a second time 2 days later.

Here's a photo of the Full English breakfast (no tomato or mushrooms on my plate because I asked the waitress to take them off). I think it was 180 baht, but the quality of everything was top shelf.

Looks like a great way to start the day... might have to try this out...

Try the lunch time buffet at the Hilton only 380฿ a head, very good

"Lunch time buffet at the Hilton at only 380฿" sounds like a good idea... ! What kind of food ("international" ?) are they serving there... ?

@ All: thank you for your great replies and the info ! Much appreciated ! :)

* HOTROD * (JamesEB) *@ The Lewis Grand Hotel"Where Luxury is affordable"!@ www.LewisGrand.comAngeles City, Philippineslgh_logo.jpghttp://lewisgrand.com/photos/ 

Not sure about Monday but Tuesday is pasta and pizza

Wednesday is Asian, Thursday is burgers and other meats and Friday is fish day, the breads and soups they serve are wonderful and the desserts are very tasty with apple crumble, bread and butter puddings and all sorts of cream cakes..it does get busy so your better off calling them and ask to be put through to the edge restaurant

One address for European Buffet at night.

CHERRY'S on 3rd road just in front of X-Zyte which disappeared...

For Korean buffet at 199bath : the Fish ( first right just after the Shell Station of Second Road )

Not sure about Monday but Tuesday is pasta and pizza

Wednesday is Asian, Thursday is burgers and other meats and Friday is fish day, the breads and soups they serve are wonderful and the desserts are very tasty with apple crumble, bread and butter puddings and all sorts of cream cakes..it does get busy so your better off calling them and ask to be put through to the edge restaurant

What is the name of the Restaurant = "the Edge"... ?

One address for European Buffet at night.

CHERRY'S on 3rd road just in front of X-Zyte which disappeared...

How does one get to third road without an own transportation... ?

For Korean buffet at 199bath : the Fish ( first right just after the Shell Station of Second Road )

Wow... Korean Buffet for 199฿ - I guess I will be putting on some weight during this upcoming vacation, hahahaha...

By the way: is there a good map (here on this Board, or available maybe locally at a 7/11), where these Restaurants - and other "tourist spots" - are easily "findable"... ?

If you want a fantastic seafood buffet, go to beach rd around soi 1 -3 and look for thehotel that looks like the bow of a ship. The price is up thre, but the food and variety is well worth the price for every now and again. Every type of seafood you can think of along with thai and american dishes.

Personally i like zico nearthe hard rock cafe or manhattan both a bit pricy though

Cool... thanks Guys for the recommendations... Will have to eat a lot...lol ! :)

My experience has been that, no matter how good the review are today,

tomorrow the place might be 100% a dump with 100% shitty food.

Careful assuming that each small hole in the wall place will deliver the

same quality tomorrow.

Thai likes to work in groups and usually know each other. If one quits,

the rest usually follows within days.

No matter how good of a cook there was yesterday, today it might some

somtom make from isan ....

The larger more established places are usually a better bet.

cheers,

luudee

Sorry, I should have added at least one recommendation of my own !

"Bake & Brew", the small soi next to where xcite disco used to  be.

The couple owning the place have been abroad and understand what

it means to provide a quality service. So far, for several (2-3) years

of visiting the place, I have not had any issues as well. My entire

family loves the place, farang and thai food are very decent and

the coffee is great !

Very nice desert menu if you have a sweet tooth ...

luudee

One more comment: Manhattans does not know how to make States "Well

Done". Please no flames, that's how I like my steaks and Manhattans

repeatedly burns or under-cooks the steaks when ordered well done.

If I go out for Steaks, there is really only one place: Grill Room at the

Royal Cliff hotel. But most  of the time I make my own at home ...

Bruno's also makes great steaks, but that's not the only thing they do

really well.

Both Royal Cliff and Bruno's are NOT recommended for guys on a

budget plan.

Cheers,

luudee

I like the Tequila Reef Cantina on Soi 7 for Mexican food.

Patrick's Belgian Restaurant on Second Road and Soi Diana is real good.

The Blue Parrot off of Beach Road in Pattayaland Soi 2.  However, I have heard that it closed on 15 December after some 20+ years in business.

Could you please give some more details when you recommend a restaurant ?

At least name , location & price range.

I'm sure Dusit Buffet will pleased everybody till the check bin time will happens...

The ribs at Beefeater are pretty good too.

I was disappointed in their ribs, especially for the price. And the sauce they put on them was terrible.

Strangely though, their French fries we're the best ive had in a long time, fried exactly perfect level of crispness.

if you want a good steak you can miss Beefeater

try sampan for buffet 169bt cook your own on the table have food ready if you dont want to do it first right down 2nd rd after big C half way down

and marine plaza for seafood half the price of the ines on walking st like lobsterpot ect

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

For pizza I like Pan Pan and Linda's in Jomtien. Stay away from pizza place near Royal Garden or Pizza Hut.

I don't want a pizza that's made in a hut.

Archived