Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Phuket Airport to Patong

The Sly Fox

What's the cheapest way to get to Patong Beach from the airport? My friend's flight arrives at Phuket around 7PM, will there be a bus or minivan still operating at that time? If not taxi fare?

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

You can share a minibus. I believe the cost is 150-200B each. You'll be made to wait until the total number of passengers has filled the minibus and then it'll depart

Be weary, these minibuses often stop at a travel agents to try and get you to book a hotel or other things such as day trips etc. Plus the journey will take longer as you wait for everyone to get dropped off. Depends on where they're staying of course and you might be first, or last

A private taxi is circa 600-800B so with two of you it may be worth getting that instead

In September I got a taxi from the Airport to Patong, just off Bangla Road and it was 500 baht. You will find lots of people as you leave the airport trying to offer you a taxi, ignore them, turn right as soon as you leave the airport and walk along maybe 50 yards, you should see the taxi booth there who will sort out a taxi for you, less chance of getting scammed that way.

I then got a card from the Taxi driver so I could call him for the return trip.

Thanks guys.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

• 2 weeks later...

Offical Airport taxi will be 750 ( prices are listed on a board) or so, book right after u clear customs before the doors leading outside

• 2 weeks later...

I gather there is a bus service supposed to start, but Phuket being what it is, no doubt the taxi drivers will have a bit of influence on whether it actually does start, and if it does how long it will last. Getting around is the bane of Phuket for a traveller. 

As mentioned already, the minivan is the cheapest, but you do have to wait until one is full before it leaves. They run until quite late. Yes, the cost to Patong will be in the 150 - 200 range.... 150 to Phuket Town I know.

You can get a metered taxi if you walk out of the terminal, turn right, and walk along until you see them, all the while being hassled by others. Figure about 600 baht, but make sure the meter is switched on. It is a good option if there are 2 or three of you.

The so called airport limo service costs more.

• 2 weeks later...

bus service has stalled (AGAIN) the tuk tuk drivers said they will stop it if they try it.

Years ago they tried the service between Patong and Karon Beach, the first bus they stopped, pulled the driver out an beat the shit out of him.

Even though they have already brought the bus's an obtained approval. '

it will not happen

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Fear-of-attacks-on-Phuket-s-new-airport-buses-delays-launch-date-20549.html

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised they actually went out and bought the buses after what happened last time. I can only assume they will maybe have a police presence on board. Time to rid Phuket of the tuk tuk scum I think.

Cheapest method but least convenient is the mini bus. They wait until nearly full and then often stop at the tour agency for commission on room reservations. Not much leg room, sometimes bags have to go on the roof rack, bad luck if you are one of the last to be dropped off. Not ideal after a long flight.

Meter taxi approx 450b to Patong. Better value if 2 people than the mini bus. Cars are similar to the Bangkok meter taxis. Some seem quite old. Not much room (if 2 people with suitcases) in the boot due to the gas cylinder so my suitcase is usually strapped into the front passenger seat.

Airport Limo approx 600b. Nice cars, lots of leg room and room for cases in the boot. The most expensive option. They will stop at the tour agency unless you make it clear you already have a room. Used all 3 ways over the years. I tend to go for the meter option, not as comfortable as the limo but slightly cheaper. All serve the purpose. Often they are in a rush to get back for more business. Good luck. Jonnie

• 2 years later...

wtf:
a 2 year old thread and ur thanking people.  555555

this wont get u any brownie points

increasing post count to get into advanced member. ;-)

Well, I can add that I took the drive from the airport to Patong beach road, 2 weeks ago. I payed a little bit more than 800 baht on the meter, and an "airport surcharge" of 100 baht.

2 years ago, I payed 600 baht, also in a metered taxi...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last time I was in Patong I used Phuket Shuttle, Airport to Patong is 750. Similar to Mr T and Co, private car door to door. Book through their website just Google the name.

airport limo ( camary taxi)  is 750 baht

• 3 weeks later...

Phuket Shuttle - B 750. Used them to/from Patong. www.phuketshuttle.com

BHP

• 5 months later...

I've found metered taxis to run about 700-750 Baht, airport to Patong; cars arranged by hotels tend to run 1000 Baht, Patong to airport.

Most metered taxis will give you a card to call if you want them to take you back to the airport, but I always tend to lose them by the end of the trip.

Archived