IGNORED

Need help...

endi1

I have a 1 year non B visa,wich requires to make a border run every 3 mo.Last month I had a major surgery in a Sriracha hospital.I stayed in ICU for a month.Now I'm back to my room and too weak to even get out.I have to do a border run next month,but in my condition I'll be not able to.Can't even go to Immigration office.What should I do?

Have you no Thai partner to help you?

Posted Image

Have you no Thai partner to help you?

I have a Thai girlfriend who takes care of me.I feel lucky to have her,otherwise I would be dead by now.So what she can do to help me.Maybe obtain a letter from hospital and go to immigration?

Yes, you need somebody, your TGF or a farang friend, to obtain a letter from the hospital and go to immigration and explain the situation.

I've never personally had any experience with a situation like yours but suspect you can get an extention of stay on medical grounds. But having sombody enquire at immigration on your behalf is the best starting point.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

Yes, you need somebody, your TGF or a farang friend, to obtain a letter from the hospital and go to immigration and explain the situation.

I've never personally had any experience with a situation like yours but suspect you can get an extention of stay on medical grounds. But having sombody enquire at immigration on your behalf is the best starting point.

I don't think I need extension of stay since I've the visa,good for 7 more months.I worry about the stamp in my passport,but like you said have to enquire at immigration about it.It is hard to believe nobody's been in this situation or hasn't heard anything about it.

Sorry but I think you have it wrong here. If you have a 1 year visa and have to make border runs every 3 months, then you have what is called a multi-entry non-imm B visa. What you really have is a series of 3 month visas. So if you don't make the border run on the due date you are overstay and that can be serious.

If you do have a real one-year visa (like a retirement visa) then you do not have to make 3-month border runs, but you have to make 3-month reports to immigration. This is not serious if you don't make the reports on the due date. And you can have someone else do the reporting for you.

But whatever, really need to have someone take your passport and a medical certificate to immigration soon.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your bad luck/ill health. I hope everything works out well for you.

Sorry but I think you have it wrong here. If you have a 1 year visa and have to make border runs every 3 months, then you have what is called a multi-entry non-imm B visa. What you really have is a series of 3 month visas. So if you don't make the border run on the due date you are overstay and that can be serious.

If you do have a real one-year visa (like a retirement visa) then you do not have to make 3-month border runs, but you have to make 3-month reports to immigration. This is not serious if you don't make the reports on the due date. And you can have someone else do the reporting for you.

But whatever, really need to have someone take your passport and a medical certificate to immigration soon.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your bad luck/ill health. I hope everything works out well for you.

Thanks Sly Fox you are right.You gave me hope that everything will be alright .

Endi hope you get well soon mate, under theses circumstances as sly said your Thai partner can help you to get an extension of stay until you are well enough to go on a visa run, you need a letter from your doctor explaining what is wrong with you and why you cannot travel and for how long and they prefer in English, also 2 x passport photos and obviously your passport,

If your TG has problems tell her to come and see me and I will sort it for you,

Posted Image

Endi hope you get well soon mate, under theses circumstances as sly said your Thai partner can help you to get an extension of stay until you are well enough to go on a visa run, you need a letter from your doctor explaining what is wrong with you and why you cannot travel and for how long and they prefer in English, also 2 x passport photos and obviously your passport,

That's very kind of you mate. I've only been active on this forum for a few days but already I'm very impressed with the supportive friendly community you have here.

Thank you,I'll do that.

Hi,

I am sorry to hear about your predicament and I hope things get better for you soon.

Your girlfriend may well have to visit immigration but I wouldn't wish that on anyone unless its absolutely necessary. Can I suggest that you phone the Thai Consulate in Hull (yes phone home) first for advice. I have always been able to get through and........ The advice has always been helpful.

Please contact me if you would like help. [email protected]

The Thai Consulate no. is 0044 1482 581688. They even have an email address but I don't have it to hand.

Thank you for your advice but I don't even know where Hull is.Now looking at your e mail probably UK wich is not my home country.and I'm sure my TGF has to visit the local immigration with my passport .

Hi,

I am sorry to hear about your predicament and I hope things get better for you soon.

Your girlfriend may well have to visit immigration but I wouldn't wish that on anyone unless its absolutely necessary. Can I suggest that you phone the Thai Consulate in Hull (yes phone home) first for advice. I have always been able to get through and........ The advice has always been helpful.

Thank you for your advice but I don't even know where Hull is.Now looking at your e mail probably UK wich is not my home country.and I'm sure my TGF has to visit the local immigration with my passport regardless.

Thank you for your advice but I don't even know where Hull is.Now looking at your e mail probably UK wich is not my home country.and I'm sure my TGF has to visit the local immigration with my passport regardless.

LOL. I was thinking the same things when I saw the post about Hull. Can't think why anyone would want to contact a UK consulate when they are actually in Patts. 

Anyway, have your TGF take your passport down to Jomtien and see what they can do. Or take up key visa thailand's kind offer to sort it out for you.

Hi,

Soulmate he is sick in Thailand mate, So its the Thai Immigration for the medical extension,

Posted Image

Hi,

Soulmate he is sick in Thailand mate,

Posted Image

Send your GF straight to Immigration... It will get sorted no worries.

They see this sort of thing all the time.

Send your GF straight to Immigration... It will get sorted no worries.

They see this sort of thing all the time.

My stamp expires on March 20th.I think should wait until get closer maybe 2 weeks prior to that date.

My stamp expires on March 20th.I think should wait until get closer maybe 2 weeks prior to that date.

Yes, that's over a month away, so no immediate panic. Checking with Jomtien Imm 1-2 weeks prior to visa expiry will be OK.

endi 1 are you recovering OK? Have the docs given you any indication of when you'll be mobile again? I ask because if you're convalescing is a long term thing you could look into your options for a long term visa.  I suggest you PM or call key visa thailand and see if you're eligible for a 1-year visa extension. 

Yes, that's over a month away, so no immediate panic. Checking with Jomtien Imm 1-2 weeks prior to visa expiry will be OK.

endi 1 are you recovering OK? Have the docs given you any indication of when you'll be mobile again? I ask because if you're convalescing is a long term thing you could look into your options for a long term visa.  I suggest you PM or call key visa thailand and see if you're eligible for a 1-year visa extension. 

According on info from Internet ,if there are no complications full recovery is expected in 1 year,depending on age or other illnesses.I've been 2 weeks at home now,and recovery has been very slow.I have to go back to the hospital for a check up in a few days.Thank you Sly Fox and others for your concern and support.

According on info from Internet ,if there are no complications full recovery is expected in 1 year,depending on age or other illnesses.I've been 2 weeks at home now,and recovery has been very slow.I have to go back to the hospital for a check up in a few days.Thank you Sly Fox and others for your concern and support.

You're welcome mate. Take it easy and I hope you're soon back on your feet.

When I was at the hospital omce for a few days, the doctor had asked if I needed a visa extention or if it was not a problem. he inferred that they could get an extention if it were needed. On another hand, i have read in patta news that there are companies that can take your passport for a fee and get your re-entry visa done for you. I, myself would feel this was risky, since my passport never leaves my safe without me. Might be possible to check into that. If you are that bad off, probably worth thr risk.

Hi ,

I got a got  a Thai student visa for one year and i don,t have do border-runs  ,every 3 months i go to my travel-agency  in Soi 13/2  and I give my passport and one day I get i t back , I do this for a few years already   and its perfect for me and you might like this as well it cost me 30.000 bath a year .

Thank you for advice,but I want to do everything legally based on my condition and don't want to jeopardize my staying in Thailand.Don't want to take any risk

Archived