IGNORED

how to set count down clock

csdosanjh

hi guys booked flight to bkk 17/11/2013 how do you add a countdown clock on here so i can see the light at the end of the tunnel getting closer cheers guys

Need to be an advanced member to do that.

................................................................................................................

OK I'm an advanced member and I'd like to know as well.

Pattaya is like enjoying yourself -it's not for everyone.

Underneath some clocks you'll see a link to the page that was used to create them.  Click on that and the embedded link will take you to a new page.  That's where you select the picture for your clock etc.  Use the menus to set the date/time/text to whatever it is you want, and then click the "Get HTML Code" button.

Clock Codes.JPG

RIGHT Click your cursor into the highlit text and select 'Copy'.

Back on PA, click on your Board Name at the right-hand top of the page to open the selections menu.  Then click on 'My Settings'.

Menu.JPG

On the new page, obviously click on 'Signature'.

Signature.JPG

RIGHT click your cursor into the text box, click Paste, then click the Save Changes button.  

Save clock.JPG

When the page refreshes you should be able to see your new Countdown Clock exactly as it will display whenever you Post.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

How to 'cure' Countdown Clocks.

On the right hand side, just under the Signature line, a floating 'X' will appear when you hover your Cursor over it.

One of my favourite features of the forum.  :GoldenSmile1:

Good job, thanks guys.

All I have to do now is book my flight.

Please DO NOT use clocks from Pyzam.

It causes all sorts of issues for the forum.

Please DO NOT use clocks from Pyzam.

It causes all sorts of issues for the forum.

Duly noted -my word is my bond.

Underneath some clocks you'll see a link to the page that was used to create them.  Click on that and the embedded link will take you to a new page.  That's where you select the picture for your clock etc.  Use the menus to set the date/time/text to whatever it is you want, and then click the "Get HTML Code" button.

attachicon.gifClock Codes.JPG

RIGHT Click your cursor into the highlit text and select 'Copy'.

Back on PA, click on your Board Name at the right-hand top of the page to open the selections menu.  Then click on 'My Settings'.

attachicon.gifMenu.JPG

On the new page, obviously click on 'Signature'.

attachicon.gifSignature.JPG

RIGHT click your cursor into the text box, click Paste, then click the Save Changes button.  

attachicon.gifSave clock.JPG

When the page refreshes you should be able to see your new Countdown Clock exactly as it will display whenever you Post.

Cheers

Perthie

Many thanks I am an old fart and technophobe but after 2 years You have succeded in explaining this in a way an old fart can follow and thats not easy.

How to 'cure' Countdown Clocks.

On the right hand side, just under the Signature line, a floating 'X' will appear when you hover your Cursor over it.

One of my favourite features of the forum.  :GoldenSmile1:

Yeah, nothing more annoying than bloody great big signatures eh? :GoldenSmile1:

Many thanks I am an old fart and technophobe but after 2 years You have succeded in explaining this in a way an old fart can follow and thats not easy.

More than welcome geezer, I'm an old fart myself.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Yeah, nothing more annoying than bloody great big signatures eh? :GoldenSmile1:

Perthie

:LOL2:  - There are of course lots more annoying things, but a lot depends on the intended purpose of the content to my mind.

You can question whether my own main threads being in mine are useful or not and it's true that I have been guilty of putting such as Christmas decorations and greetings in there for short periods.

With CCs I just don't get what they're for apart from for the poster concerned to look at himself and for that a calendar on the wall would do much the same.

Perhaps there are a few celebs people are genuinely interested in, but really not very many and they could just state the date of their next trip in their profile.

They are mostly unnecessarily large and some have even stacked them on top of each other.

No, they're just free gimmicky 'toys' which seem to appeal to non techies because they appear techie and which as Admin' has said, "probably shouldn't be allowed".  :GoldenSmile1:

:LOL2:  - There are of course lots more annoying things, but a lot depends on the intended purpose of the content to my mind.

You can question whether my own main threads being in mine are useful or not and it's true that I have been guilty of putting such as Christmas decorations and greetings in there for short periods.

With CCs I just don't get what they're for apart from for the poster concerned to look at himself and for that a calendar on the wall would do much the same.

Perhaps there are a few celebs people are genuinely interested in, but really not very many and they could just state the date of their next trip in their profile.

They are mostly unnecessarily large and some have even stacked them on top of each other.

No, they're just free gimmicky 'toys' which seem to appeal to non techies because they appear techie and which as Admin' has said, "probably shouldn't be allowed".  :GoldenSmile1:

I freely admit that my Clock is purely there for a) my own entertainment, and b)  so that the poor sods stuck at home know I'm heading out in X days time and can weep gently into their keyboards. :GoldenSmile1:

Cheers

Perthie

I freely admit that my Clock is purely there for a) my own entertainment, and b)  so that the poor sods stuck at home know I'm heading out in X days time and can weep gently into their keyboards. :GoldenSmile1:

Cheers

Perthie

Ah! Now perhaps you have something there.

Perhaps it's really Countdown Clock envy of a sort on my part.

My problem being that I can't have one saying when I next arrive because I don't go home.  :Think1:

Ah! Now perhaps you have something there.

Perhaps it's really Countdown Clock envy of a sort on my part.

My problem being that I can't have one saying when I next arrive because I don't go home.  :Think1:

You could always have one counting UP the days you've been in Thailand, that should make a few people green with envy :GoldenSmile1: .

Cheers

Perthie

You could always have one counting UP the days you've been in Thailand, that should make a few people green with envy :GoldenSmile1: .

Cheers

Perthie

Only then I couldn't moan about Countdown Clocks could I?

Yes I'm very conscious that I'm bumping your (overly) helpful instructions.  :Think1:

Maybe I'll follow my own advice and just stick the date there.

Date of Arrival                     - 6th January 2007.

Days Left Until I Go Home - I Wait To Be Advised.   :hello09: 

Any end of the world clocks still running. Or did the world end while we were stuck in dreamland/Pattaya

Mine seem to be broken again... :(

Try this  HERE     :GoldenSmile1: 

Try this  HERE     :GoldenSmile1: 

Sorry man, missing your point, link goes to google calendars, I'm guessing you are saying they have countdown thingys?

I like my small counters from timeanddate.com,

Archived