IGNORED

Best software for creating DVD from downloaded avi files

Mr David

As per the title, can anyone recommend easy and reliable software for creating and burning DVD from avi or other format downloaded video.

Also anyone know the best software for converting to iPad?

If you want a paid version, Nero is one of the best burning programs available. However, for converting and buring to dvd there is another free program I use. It's called AnvSoft Any Video Converter. It can covert videos to multiple formats or mp3 files and comes with a dvd burner as well. You may want to search in Google though.. Lot of  free softwares available.

As per the title, can anyone recommend easy and reliable software for creating and burning DVD from avi or other format downloaded video.

Handbrake is amazing (and free!) for converting file formats for iPad. Use iMovie to make DVDs and if you AVIs don't import into iMove use Handbrake to convert them first.

Thanks for the replies lads, ill try a few of them out later tonight.

You can also just use an app that plays AVIs - there's plenty of them. Load it into the iPad with iTunes and you're set without converting

You can also just use an app that plays AVIs - there's plenty of them. Load it into the iPad with iTunes and you're set without converting

Cheers, did not know there was an app.

I use a program called Aimersoft. 

It converts any file to any file; audio, video, HD stuff, etc.

I convert a lot of stuff to avi and to mp4 (for iPad).

Toast for DVD

Handbrake for iOS versions.

Hm.

I use DVDFAB and its free for 30 days and most important for me it eliminates protections or regions.

But it didnt manage break into Futurama.

• 3 weeks later...

DVDFab usually does a pretty good job for me too.  Relatively quick and full featured.  They update it pretty frequently to deal with the new copy protection schemes that are cooked up.

Archived