IGNORED

The New Quote Tags System - Really Sucks.

Edge

This applies to those who rightly clip posts (please don't stop doing it) because if they clip the beginning of the text the header is gone.

Some are resorting to cutting 'n' pasting the words they want to refer to.

Some are using little arrows pointing skywards.

Some are just giving up and not quoting,assuming that the one referred to will somehow find the reply.

The problem with any of those is that the Notifications system is defeated and whoever you're replying to may never know what you said.

That may be a good idea occasionally.   :Think1:

The only work around I've found is to always leave the first letter of the text in place and then the header stays intact.

The thing I haven't worked out is how to nest quotes - maybe I can't any more.

This part of the upgrade was a backward step on the face of it, presumably done for a reason?

The only reason I can think of is that sometimes BMs used to accidentally defeat it by deleting a bracket when clipping, but this is much worse.

I looked on Thaivisa and they aren't doing it, so what did we do to deserve it?  :SoWhat1: 

hmmm. And, I can't post a funny photo to funny photos. Curiouser and curiouser.

hmmm. And, I can't post a funny photo to funny photos. Curiouser and curiouser.

Don't know about that, but most of my gifs don't work any more.

Thought that was just the board stuttering and farting along.

There is a way around this problem but it is fairly tedious. 

Click between the start and the first letter of the quote then hit enter. 

You can now delete anything you want of the text in the quote and then last delete the final first line in the quote (the blank one you created originally by hitting enter)....

PS I had to type this stupid thing 3 times due to the website being buggy....so frustrating getting those 500 server messages all the time lately and losing all the stuff you have written!

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

T.............................................

That's sort of what I do except I play safe and leave the first letter instead of trying to find the gap.

Still a PITA either way.

Still a PITA either way.

You should try doing quotes on the iPhone now!

The problems on a PC/Decktop computer with quoting is nothing compared to that. :)

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

• 3 weeks later...

@ Admin/Mods.

Q1. Are you aware just how fcuked up the Quoting/Notifications have become due to the new system?

Q2. Is there any possibility of reversing the fcuk up?

I see Thaivisa also has it, but because they still have nesting enabled it can actually be worse.

It's a mess.

Also wondering when the quoting is going to be fixed.

Maybe even just a reply saying 'yes we know its fucked and we are working on getting it back to how it should be"

Maybe even just a reply saying 'yes we know its fucked and we are working on getting it back to how it should be"

Top left of Reply box. "BBquote Mode"

Just hit that, and you can see the actual code.

Sorry, I don't get that. What do you mean?

Sorry, I don't get that. What do you mean?

When you quote someone, in the reply box that you type the message in  there is a list of options at the top of it. The one on the top at the far left will revert your quote into plain text(not in the quote box as it appears now)

Bill

What do you mean?

When you hit "quote"on the original post, the quoted post appears in the reply box at the bottom of the page.

At that time, you have a number of options available in the fancy editing functions to the right of your avatar. the 1st one on the top left, is titled "BBcode Mode" when you hover over it. Just hit that, and you get the code instead of HTML.

PS. Turns out that it stays on from one post to the next unless you turn it back off.

When you hit "quote"on the original post, the quoted post appears in the reply box at the bottom of the page.

At that time, you have a number of options available in the fancy editing functions to the right of your avatar. the 1st one on the top left, is titled "BBcode Mode" when you hover over it. Just hit that, and you get the code instead of HTML.

PS. Turns out that it stays on from one post to the next unless you turn it back off.

You're a star.

Now why couldn't Admin' have told me that (yes I did PM too)?

The trouble is, what are the chances of getting that out to the many posters who are inadvertently screwing up the system?

Thanks.

When you quote someone, in the reply box that you type the message in  there is a list of options at the top of it. The one on the top at the far left will revert your quote into plain text(not in the quote box as it appears now)

Bill

He's right, it stays that way too.

Hang on though, all the other options are now disabled so what use it that - I have to toggle back just to get a   :SoWhat1:  up?

There is a problem with the caching systems, i thought it was fixed.

as for the quotes system, its the new software, cant do much unless they get complaints and change in the next update, hopefully the problem is just a bug

Hang on though, all the other options are now disabled so what use it that - I have to toggle back just to get a   :SoWhat1:  up?

to toggle is no biggy is it??

Some people hey! 5555555555

Bill

I have to toggle back just to get a   :SoWhat1:  up?

Well, if you have your BBcode memorized, then you can just type the :SoWhat1: in. Otherwise, I guess ya just gotta grit yer teeth and make one more mouse click.

Sucks, I know...

to toggle is no biggy is it??

Some people hey! 5555555555

Bill

What did you do up there  :LOL2:

Well, if you have your BBcode memorized, then you can just type the :SoWhat1: in. Otherwise, I guess ya just gotta grit yer teeth and make one more mouse click.

Sucks, I know...

Or maybe two?

I can grit my teeth, but I come back to my previous point about getting that across to the masses.

It won't happen - It's fcuked up.

T.......................................

as for the quotes system, its the new software, cant do much unless they get complaints and change in the next update, hopefully the problem is just a bug

If you're aware sobeit, but if people can't work the quotes system then the Notifications system is fcuked too, which will make the board even quieter,   :Think1:

What did you do up there  :LOL2:

I really don't know how that happened??

That's really quite odd as I only quoted you once???

I'm sure it's just a blip! lol

Bill

Great work Scuzz. I only normally click the boxes that are in my comfort zone.

Anyways - my Q has been answered - Admin are at least aware.

Archived