IGNORED

Fishing in Thailand

4gigsoflamb

Hey everyone,
this will be my first trip overseas from Australia and beside all the night life action
i was wondering where in Pattaya are good places to go rent out a boat and go boat fishing
wanting to go fishing far enough out not to have to worry about the water quality,
was realy hoping do a giant seafood buffet in the first weak im there with my friends 
so if you guys could help me out it would be great

Make a different plan. Unfortunately fishing expeditions are not well or organized or much available. Mostly costly and disappointing. Did one once, from Bali Hi pier area. Maybe 5000B per head, max of 8 people, out on an old beat up Thai wooden trawler, we met early at BH, they baht bused us down to Bang Saray, long drive on bench without being told in advance, went out of Bang Saray, went 15 km off shore, fished all day, caught next to nothing, Thai crew wanted to keep the catch, Thai crew wanted big tip, Thai crew wanted to hook the catch, then hand the pole to paying customers to land the fish. Upon return, announced they would birth at Sattahip, even a longer baht bus ride home. At the end of the outing we hooked a 40 kilo leapard Ray, took and hour to land it, the only excitement of the day. And the gulf is full of rubbish, plastic bags, even 15 km out. I suggest you make a different plan. One long day, not enough fish, not enough food, not enough beer. Pushed hard on the crew doing the fishing, was told the boat and captain could not lose face and come back with no fish, so up to them to fish. We paid to watch, take long rides, etc. Zero fun. Good luck. Renting your own boat and going alone might be best. Think charter fishing not an option.

cheers man thanks for the advice will be sure to look more into it,   have you tried doing charter fishing more then once? obviously not with the same one, just thinking maybe that one was just bad? also with renting a boat how much does it cost and would we need to have a boat licence or will the be a driver with the boat we rent out?

I have seen a thread on this forum with pictures of some place that is like a fish farm with huge fish. And they are plentiful. Maybe if one of the other board members knows what I`m talking about they could help out. 

I remember that it looked like fun and I wanted to go ther on my first trip this May 2013.

Cheers

I have seen a thread on this forum with pictures of some place that is like a fish farm with huge fish. And they are plentiful. Maybe if one of the other board members knows what I`m talking about they could help out. 

I remember that it looked like fun and I wanted to go ther on my first trip this May 2013.

Cheers

It's on third road and a fun outing. It's catch and release unless you want to keep and pay by the kilo. Can eat, drink and kill a day with some fun, they'll bait your hook, really not much fishing involved. Overstocked with big fish so after awhile you get a little tired of realign them in and go to heavier drinking. The Girls love it. It's about a 100 suare meter man made pond. Salas set up all around so you can fish from your seat, relax. Been twice in 4 years. More of a place to take a kid or a girl so they can enjoy.

It's on third road and a fun outing. It's catch and release unless you want to keep and pay by the kilo. Can eat, drink and kill a day with some fun, they'll bait your hook, really not much fishing involved. Overstocked with big fish so after awhile you get a little tired of realign them in and go to heavier drinking. The Girls love it. It's about a 100 suare meter man made pond. Salas set up all around so you can fish from your seat, relax. Been twice in 4 years. More of a place to take a kid or a girl so they can enjoy.

Any more info on the name and where it is?

Any more info on the name and where it is?

Just ask when you get to town. Between Klang and Nua on second road. Any moot cgi taxi can get you there.

This is interesting, I was hoping to go fishing on my Thailand trip. Looks like it won't happen.

You will be fishing just a different kind of fish.

Archived