IGNORED

Are there any hostels in Pattaya?

Shanks

I recently got the new Thailand Lonely Planet Guide book which is pretty much the backpaker bible. I've had a look at the Pattaya section and there is no mention of any hostels.

Testicles

Not that I know of however there are still some REALLY cheap places to stay.

There are some 100 baht a night places in front of Pattaya Memorial Hospital on Pattaya Klang and several more advertised just up on the same road. It's a very central location too but I wouldn't expect too much for your money.

Many bars have 300 baht rooms and you can find plenty of places, including a/c, for 500 a night. What you won't find is the typical brown-rice-and-bananna-pancake 'traveller's scene' so beloved of the shoeless, unwashed Lonely Planet crowd.

*WARNING. The above statement was prepared in a factory that uses irony. It may contain irony. It cannot be guaranteed as irony free. Readers with an adverse reaction to irony or irony based products should consume a pinch of salt before reading. Readers who have are known irony-deficient should seek professional help before continuing*

'I'd like to congratulate Chris Pattaya on being the smuggest cnut ever shat into God's creation', Unknown Mango Sauce contributer.

Not that I know of however there are still some REALLY cheap places to stay.

There are some 100 baht a night places in front of Pattaya Memorial Hospital on Pattaya Klang and several more advertised just up on the same road. It's a very central location too but I wouldn't expect too much for your money.

Many bars have 300 baht rooms and you can find plenty of places, including a/c, for 500 a night. What you won't find is the typical brown-rice-and-bananna-pancake 'traveller's scene' so beloved of the shoeless, unwashed Lonely Planet crowd.

LOL :Hug1::P

Testicles

just look for a small, family owned, guest house - can be had for under 1000 baht and better service than most 5-star hotels

Many cheap hotels in Pattaya like Classic, near central road, 350 bahts, new star, soi Honey Inn from 250, 400 with air and TV, from 500 really good for the price like the old Midtown, 2 pools, Thomson house, soi Buakhao and many near Walking Street soi on the corner of P72.