IGNORED

Subway vs Robin's Nest

badboybilly

Trying to decide what to have for lunch,SUBWAY VS ROBIN'S NEST.

Subway Soi Bukhao...........half sub 169 baht or foot long 239 baht with free drink.

I thought same price as Farangland and who can blame them,ingredients are expensive.

Subway was busy inside but I decided to head to Robin's Nest.

P1230258 (640x480).jpg

P1230256 (640x480).jpg

179 baht bangers and mash.....maybe too much gravy?

P1230252 (640x480).jpg

P1230253 (640x480).jpg

P1230254 (640x480).jpg

But i would say very good,tasty and cooked good.

large coffee 65 baht

P1230251 (640x480).jpg

Tried Subway a couple of times, but each time there weren't enough ingredients, but too much bread. Taste was so-so.

Then I'd rather eat the result of Higgins' cooking (Magnum fans will understand)

You have some strange threads there mate.

Hope you are doing well over there.

Leave Subway for home...try different things.

I have enjoyed Robinsnest's food on a couple of occasions.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I dont like to support the "westernisation" of Patts so avoid places like Subway and McDs. Robins Nest was the best choice IMHO, but yeah you could have done with a bread roll to soak up some of that gravy!

13 days to go for my chance to try Robins Nest... (stoopid countdown clock broken just when I need it!!!)

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

BTW... Keep up the "strange threads"... I enjoy them!

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

Tried Subway a couple of times, but each time there weren't enough ingredients, but too much bread. Taste was so-so.

Then I'd rather eat the result of Higgins' cooking (Magnum fans will understand)

"each time there weren't enough ingredients"

Every Subway that I have been to had plenty of "ingredients" and I, the customer, told them what to put on.  Every time I've asked them to put more onions or peppers on, the preparer did it without complaint.  Never had any problems with that.

Now, if asking for extra meat or cheese, perhaps problems.   I have seen customers stand there and try to get double the meat and cheese to the point where they are trying to get two sandwiches into one!  I can see staff having problems with that.

"Time travel!! All you want is to slap a hippie, but all you get is multiple Kowalski's."

Every Subway that I have been to had plenty of "ingredients" and I, the customer, told them what to put on.  Every time I've asked them to put more onions or peppers on, the preparer did it without complaint.  Never had any problems with that.

Now, if asking for extra meat or cheese, perhaps problems.   I have seen customers stand there and try to get double the meat and cheese to the point where they are trying to get two sandwiches into one!  I can see staff having problems with that.

exactly! so I now avoid - especially as even with enough stuff inside the taste was still so-so. my own sandwiches taste much better.

Well......Im glad you like my "strange" threads.

Ate at Robinsnest nearly daily when I was last in Patts... the bangers n mash looks a bit different from when I had it.. Also enjoyed their fish n chips.. proper chips and mushy peas!!!

600090_4065673916121_1012554781_n.jpg

Yes  i believe it changed hands last year 2012........and they've built the "dividing wall" between inside and terrace area.

Luv dining at Robins Nest (Subway just dont taste the same in Thailand - nor does KFC  :WhoSaw1: )

Top bloke that owns Robins nest - very friendly dude and serves Fabulous Fresh Hot Food - Go there alot 

Plus there is the added bonus of One very very very tasty waitress (Musty have been an ex Gogo girl - Powerful :Fantastic: )

Hi Lee - hope U dont mind me using the photo !!

robins .jpg

The previous owner was a character, I think he's in Viet Nam now. Subway is a good option to end a drink filled night.

But isn't there a Ladyboy burger stand near by........

Yes  i believe it changed hands last year 2012........and they've built the "dividing wall" between inside and terrace area.

I was in there a couple of days ago and I like what they have done. They have gutted the inside and joined the two areas that were previously separate. It looks like the inside has aircon.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Where is Robin's Nest? I've seen several Subway's but not the Robin's Nest.

Where is Robin's Nest? I've seen several Subway's but not the Robin's Nest.

Soi Diana Inn.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Now, if asking for extra meat or cheese, perhaps problems. 

Not at all.

Say "double meat" and they know exactly what you mean. I think there's even a sign in the shops promoting double meat. It's the only way to order a Subway sandwich IMHO. Without it, just like posted above, it's too much bread.

exactly! so I now avoid - especially as even with enough stuff inside the taste was still so-so. my own sandwiches taste much better.

And when you open a restaurant to make and serve your much better tasting sandwiches; You will have at least ten people posting comments like "OMG !   Way too expensive!  I can go just down the street to (fill in restaurant name here!) and get the same sandwich for 80 baht less!" :Laugh1:

"Time travel!! All you want is to slap a hippie, but all you get is multiple Kowalski's."

Not at all.

Say "double meat" and they know exactly what you mean. I think there's even a sign in the shops promoting double meat. It's the only way to order a Subway sandwich IMHO. Without it, just like posted above, it's too much bread.

OK.  Let me clarify my statement.

Now, if asking for extra meat or cheese, for free/without extra charge, perhaps problems.   I have seen customers stand there and try to get double the meat and cheese to the point where they are trying to get two sandwiches into one!  For the same price as one sandwich.   I can see staff having problems with that.

OK.  Let me clarify my statement.

Now, if asking for extra meat or cheese, for free/without extra charge, perhaps problems.   I have seen customers stand there and try to get double the meat and cheese to the point where they are trying to get two sandwiches into one!  For the same price as one sandwich.   I can see staff having problems with that.

Hey Baloo, the only one talking about prices is you.

I'm only talking about ingredients(meat) payload and taste, and I'm not impressed by 100 baht more or less on a meal.

• 2 weeks later...

Robins Nest does or did a few months ago a great lasagna on Wednesdays with salad and garlic bread, 189 baht I think. It's almost enough for the whole day. Witherspoons across from subway is a good sports bar with good food as well. Why I would travel all the way to Thailand and eat a subway sandwich I don't know. But I did have 1 and it sucked.

Archived