Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

iPhone 5 screen

g3mini

Can anyone help, where can I get a new screen for iPhone 5? I will be in LOS 5th February. Will be travelling between Udon, Pattaya and Bangkok. Too expensive here in Oz so I thought I will wait and get it fixed there.

"Thanks in advance"

"Growing old is inevitable, but growing up is optional"

:ILoveSex1:

Can anyone help, where can I get a new screen for iPhone 5? I will be in LOS 5th February. Will be travelling between Udon, Pattaya and Bangkok. Too expensive here in Oz so I thought I will wait and get it fixed there.

"Thanks in advance"

When you say "too expensive in Oz" what are they quoting you? I mean if you buy a genuine Apple approved screen and get it fixed by Apple you'll probably pay a similar price here in Thailand. If you don't care about your warranty, you can likely get a cheaper job done in various places in Patts and Bangkok. In Bangkok the obvious place to start is MBK; but places like Fortune Town might be slightly cheaper. Just go to any of the places selling iPhone 5's and ask them about repairs.... But be aware that quality of the repair may vary ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hmm being new phone goto apple shop still under warranty even if you broke it yourself. They will charge you lile 150 for it. Happened to my iphone4

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

iPhone 5 being relatively new, and using a new screen where the glass is part of the display and not on top of it, it will be spendy in Thailand too.

Replacing a cracked screen for earlier iPhone models was just a couple hundred baht, really quite cheap.

Several days and counting.

When you say "too expensive in Oz" what are they quoting you? I mean if you buy a genuine Apple approved screen and get it fixed by Apple you'll probably pay a similar price here in Thailand. If you don't care about your warranty, you can likely get a cheaper job done in various places in Patts and Bangkok. In Bangkok the obvious place to start is MBK; but places like Fortune Town might be slightly cheaper. Just go to any of the places selling iPhone 5's and ask them about repairs.... But be aware that quality of the repair may vary .... Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks mate, will have to look into it when i get there. In Oz it is about $150 to fix it where ever you go

Hmm being new phone goto apple shop still under warranty even if you broke it yourself. They will charge you lile 150 for it. Happened to my iphone4 Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks mate, just checking. I thought might be a lot cheaper in LOS

Had an user bust a iphone 5 screen 24 hours after they were released. had to replace the phone. Replacement Screens at that time were to come by (even thought all the repair shops said one week). Several months later the iphone 5 was still sitting on the desk awaiting parts.

I have just had a look for replacement i5 screens and if you can get yours fixed in oz for 150 thats a very good price, i can't find the screen to buy for that and that includes sellers from China.

• 3 weeks later...

go to apple store they will charge some amount and give you new handset , i am dealing in mobilephone in india in china new lcd cost around 180 au dollars so it is better to have handset swapping then get it repaired even if cost you 250 dollar it is good deal in thailand you will get for around 7500 bath

Archived