IGNORED

Devonshire Cafe Soi LK,not to good actually.

badboybilly

Went to the Devonshire opposite Opey hotel. Soi Lengkee

Its a double shophouse next door to Le Katai golf cafe.

Ordered a "Bangers and Mash", 179 b

Sorry i cannot say I enjoyed it,the mash was tasteless as was the sausages.

I didnt like it in a yorkshire pudding either.

But maybe if i had ordered something else i may have liked it.

P1200135 (640x480).jpg

P1200134 (640x480).jpg

P1200130.JPG

179 baht

P1200131 (640x480).jpg

I'm not a fan of this place after I got food poisoning from there in June.

I was that sick I would not have any sex for a full 12 hours!

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

12 hours!? You must have been at death's door to go that long without a blowie in Pattaya!

Yes this place "claims" to have Pattaya's best breakfast.........having said that,the place was very clean and seemed organised..unfortanetely I didnt like the bangers and mash and im still wondering what that base was that it came in.

My experience of the Devonshire last week was a little more positive.  I had Pad Thai.  It was very acceptable, but I guess it is easier for Thai chefs to get Thai food right.

Who said it was not?

The title says Soi LK, which might be an attempt to abbreviate Soi Lenkee but is more  likely to be taken as Soi LK Metro perhaps?

I've eaten from here twice...once as a sitdown customer,the other time a takeaway via door2door or WoW,can't remember which one!

Both times,terrific value and quality.

I had the same dinner as in the photos above,food quality excellent,portion size massive.

Goes to show,different people have different experiences on different days. Probably happens everywhere.

My experience is that this place gives great value.

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Well that's great to hear Klongwater........ I dont agree with you that portion size is massive though...nor the food quality...but its good to hear you even ordered the same dinner as me....and enjoyed it.

Im sure they serve some excellent food and probaly had I ordered something different I may have liked it.....but i guess

im used to eating bangers and mash at other places and having it cooked in a certain way,onions fried,thick gravy etc

and the way this establishment 's chef cooked it , it didnt suit me.

im used to eating bangers and mash at other places and having it cooked in a certain way,onions fried,thick gravy etc

and the way this establishment 's chef cooked it , it didnt suit me.

BBB,that last comment might be spot on. I had a chicken and rice dish here too,was expecting it to be mixed together,but got separate portions of rice and meat. Wasn't what I was expecting,but was good all the same,even though I had never had it presented like this in Thailand before.

Different styles,different chefs,etc.

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

The title says Soi LK, which might be an attempt to abbreviate Soi Lenkee but is more  likely to be taken as Soi LK Metro perhaps?

"Went to the Devonshire opposite Opey hotel. Soi Lengkee" OP in subject!  

Billy I handed over the reins for the breakfast thread and you are letting the team down!!   Get that cock out of your mouth and start doing some fair dinkum  breakfast reviews and I want one on Australia day feeds.  Put your but plug in and hop too it.

I must say the Bangers & Mash looks VERY similar to the Jollys Friars, which I enjoy.

Never eaten in The Devonshire as I dont want a meal ruined by smokers.

post-2392-0-52844200-1358763572_thumb.jpg

12 hours!? You must have been at death's door to go that long without a blowie in Pattaya!

I had actually just finished getting a blowie when the sickness wave hit me BIG!

I rushed to the Lolita's toilets but did not know which side to "empty" first.

Lets just say thank goodness for those bum guns in Thailand.

They are great for hosing down messy toilets also. :)

I was running a big Darkside crawl that day and the first 4 bars I went to I used the toilets for throwing up.

It wasn't my favorite day in Patts.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Have eaten there many times and never been disapointed. The breakfast was always very good and I have had most of the specials at one time or another. I will be back there again next week and often have the breakfast early in the afternoon, really good value for money.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I ate there this morning, steak and eggs with an extra of black pudding. Steak and eggs were good, potatoes were satisfactory. Black pudding a bit under cooked for my liking, however was edible. I would eat there again.

• 1 year later...

Had the B149 big-breakfast there last week, good-value & they were happy to substitute a 2nd sausage (tasty !) for black-pudding, but a couple of niggles.

1. When only 1/3-full, it shouldn't take 10-minutes to get a menu & place an order, should it ?

2. Serving the toast several minutes before the main arrives, seems to me to be the wrong-way round ?

3. The bubble-and-squeak was excellent, but tiny (one and a half inches diameter), just a couple of small forkfulls. I would gladly have paid more for extra !

I eat here regularly,  it is what it is - cheap and cheerful.   The food is ok, without being exceptional,  but for the price I don't think you can complain.  All the pie, chips & gravy dishes are very nice.  

Its a big yorkshire pudding...

A great size! Fill it with onion gravy and your away, Classic Xmas dinner starter for us as a kid.

That's what I miss about Yorkshire, decent puds!

A great size! Fill it with onion gravy and your away, Classic Xmas dinner starter for us as a kid.

That's what I miss about Yorkshire, decent puds!

Yorkshire puddings are very easy to make

Recipe

Makes 6 very good size yorkshires

Yorkshire puddings are very easy to make

Recipe

Makes 6 very good size yorkshires

Yes and No!

Easy to make, anyone can make them, but not All can make good ones.

Ask any Yorkshireman, he'll tell you the same.

Archived