IGNORED

Kobe Bryant

Guest Q

I love watching basketball and i have the Lakers v Spurs game on live right now here in freezing Scotland.

I am aware of his sexual assault thing a few years ago, but i have bee reading up on basketball tonight via google and have picked up that KB is not well liked by a lot including his own fans?

Is this because of his personal life or does it run deeper than that? Obviously i am not that clued up about the game but know a little about it and know that Bryant is one of the best players ever (as i type this he has just scored the first 4 points in the game) But it would be good if one of our American friends that knows the game could give us an insight into this guy from a proper basketball fan.

A gifted athelete with all the physical tools to be the best ever.

A selfish prick with a childish attitude that refuses to do the

things necessary to make those around him better players. It's

what separates him from Michael Jordan et al.

Edited by The Mook

Cowards die many times before their deaths;

The valiant never taste of death but once.

William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar", Act II Scene 2

Q, whilst not American I hope I could offer you some insight. Firstly Kobe caused some resentment within NBA circles in 1996 when he was drafted. His agent made it clear to certain teams that Kobe would not want to play for them. When Kobe was eventually selected by Charlotte Hornets, his agent orchestrated a trade to the LA Lakers, a team in a big market with high prestige that would be perfect for marketing Kobe's gifts. Within 8 or so years the Hornets moved to New Orleans, after years of mediocrity. Another factor to the relativve dislike is the 2004 season, where a supposedly invincible Lakers consisting of 4 future Hall of Famers lost out to Detroit Pistons in the NBA Finals. The loss was believed to be as a result of a lack of chemistry caused by Kobe and his feuds with Shaquille O'Neal. Later that summer the Lakers traded Shaq for relatively little and Phil Jackson quit, the Lakers haven't been the same since despite Jackson's return. So mainly the lack of love for Kobe is due to his selfishness.

That pretty well sums it up, but in addition to all of that that has happened. Ever since Shaq left the Lakers have sucked and Kobe has acted like a big baby. He is the one that didn't want Shaq in L.A. anymore because he wanted all of the attention on him only, but in forcing the team to trade Shaq the team got nothing in return. So instead of Kobe trying to help his team get better he dictates the whole game and then gets pissed off when they lose. He acts like he is still 18 years old

Well let me tell you i'm from L.A. been to alot of laker games in my lifetime, and let me tell you Kobe is a great player but the media has a lot to do with his image they have cast him as a villian, because the media in L.A. liked Shaq more , because Shaq catered to them , he would invite the media members to his house for dinner and really kissed their ass, and Kobe would not do those things, Kobe would just stay quiet a little shy with the media so the media started villianizeing him, but also the media was not expecting for him to become a superstar like Jordan was/is. Over all Kobe is just fine he did have his problems as you are aware of, but his great play errased all of that. just remember the media has to do alot of his problems. L.A. fans love him to death. Go Lakers

Kobe has a bad case of 'KLK'. (kobe loves kobe) I have been a life long Laker fan and cannot remember a more selfish self involved player. Until Kobe realizes that he is on a team and he cannot do every thing himself the Lakers and any team he plays on will never be a top tier team. IMHO

Daylight was something God made so that life was not one endless party.

Nutosf

A gifted athelete with all the physical tools to be the best ever.

A selfish prick with a childish attitude that refuses to do the

things necessary to make those around him better players. It's

what separates him from Michael Jordan et al.

Well said mate... :P:Hug1:

I personally am not a big fan of either Shaq or Kobe but by their actions you can tell who is the adult and who is the child. Until Kobe grows up and realizes he can't do it all, he will still be the selfish player that teammates are afraid to play with. Ask several of the players that were traded when they spoke out against him. I enjoyed seeing Shaq win the title in Miami, he proved he was the better of the two.

Laker fans have a few more years of disappointment. Pray he wakes up soon and see's the light before his ability starts to degrade.

Gotta love it!!! N.Y. Giants, 2008 Superbowl Champions. N.Y. Giants vs. N.E. Patriots...final score: Giants 17, Patriots 14 Repeat of 2008....N.Y. Giants vs N.E. Patriots - Giants 21, Patriots 17. Doesn't get any better than that!!