IGNORED

Animated GIF sigs

RyanStarr

Just want to give my opinion, which may differ from that of others.

I don't like these. They'll often run well over 1 meg in size and some of us use slow and/or expensive connections. People are told to resize photos but an animated GIF can run to just about any size. The novelty value of the film wears in a few seconds and there after we're loading it again and again every time a post from that user is viewed. I can see how kids might think it's cool but we're supposed to be adults here right?

If use an iPad they try Tapatalk and you'll ignore all animated bullshit. Really clean text-only and the upload images, of course... ;)

Just want to give my opinion, which may differ from that of others.

I don't like these. They'll often run well over 1 meg in size and some of us use slow and/or expensive connections. People are told to resize photos but an animated GIF can run to just about any size. The novelty value of the film wears in a few seconds and there after we're loading it again and again every time a post from that user is viewed. I can see how kids might think it's cool but we're supposed to be adults here right?

Click the report button for anyone that has an excessively large sig and we will look into it.

Archived