IGNORED

help wanted.my sound is not working

badboybilly

Brought my laptop over from Australia,its a Asus.........anyway yeseterday the sound stopped working so cant listen to radio,youtube etc.

Does anyone know if this is a big job? i might take it up to Tukcom,but i dont want to leave it there a week if it aint a big job.

What could it be if the sound has gone?

Just laptop sound or same same headphones?

Same with headphones,yes no sound at all.

Where is the sound card located? is it underneath the laptop?

i may just have to take it in to tukcom.

Underneath.

Just go to Tukcom and get them to fix it.

Have you been playing around with it at all lately? ..the laptop I mean lol

Could also be the mother board is f..cked !

1. Check if the sound is on mute.

2. Click on Start and select Run. Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter. Check if the sound driver is not installed or has been disabled.

3. Check the speakers. Use external headphones, if the headphones are working properly, means the speakers of Laptop are damaged.

4.On the bottle right hand off the screen there is a speaker icon double click that and it will open a sound control panel

Don't let them re-format it - they love doing that.................... with a pirate copy of course.   :Think1:

Try re instal your sound drivers first, system > hardware , or defragment your disk if longtime not done , those things to do before give it out for repairs (think about all you passwords or internet banking could be exposed to repairman :Think1: )

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

Brought my laptop over from Australia,its a Asus.........anyway yeseterday the sound stopped working so cant listen to radio,youtube etc.

Does anyone know if this is a big job? i might take it up to Tukcom,but i dont want to leave it there a week if it aint a big job.

What could it be if the sound has gone?

If you haven't figured it out already from the advise given so far, it would be helpful to know the exact model Asus and what OS you are running, as well as any soundcard software that might be handling the sound instead of windows (ie. Creative Suite).  Personally, I prefer to only run the drive and not a full audio suite over the window's sound management, unless using audio recording software.  I find the dual sound options can be confusing and troublesome for most people.  

• 2 weeks later...

Turn volume up.

WHAT.gif

My gifs don't work any more.

• 3 weeks later...

Turn volume up.

Lol.

There was suggestions about sound cards. Most lappys won't have them these days or will desktops for that matter. I think its been said but download your sound driver again. Also like 7eleven said your volume could be muted deep in settings.

Have a look at device manager within control panel

If there is a driver  problem it will show up as a yellow exclamation mark on the sound device line

You can lead a horticulture but you can't teach a prototype

Archived