IGNORED

Photoshop & Creative Suite 2 now FREE from Adobe

gogo dog

Holy shit.  Is this for real?  I mean....this is the Adobe website and all, but why?  I'm kicking myself for just buying the current Creative Cloud service for work.  That was one of my favorite versions too.  

Am I mistaking by saying this will not work on Mac computers running anything with Intel processors, as in anything that was bought 4 years ago??? Maybe because it is so obsolete now, they are giving it away free in hopes to get people to upgrade?

IVMshop.com has a very good legit deal on adobe products. Tried and tested by us.

Am I mistaking by saying this will not work on Mac computers running anything with Intel processors, as in anything that was bought 4 years ago??? Maybe because it is so obsolete now, they are giving it away free in hopes to get people to upgrade?

Sounds about right about the processors, as CS2 was 2005 and the Power PC G5 was around then too.  Just read on some blog that Adobe prefers to have people download it from them instead of Pirate Bay.  Something about 60% of active CS2 users are pirated copies.  Not sure if that is fact because it was just some blog, but sounds logical.  

IVMshop.com has a very good legit deal on adobe products. Tried and tested by us.

Creative Cloud license directly from Adobe is only $49.99 a month for all programs for new customers, or $29.99 a month for upgraders.  That is a pretty sweet deal for those of us who use it for work.  $600. year for a suite of program that will always be up to date and includes everything that use to sell for $6k.  Adobe finally got it right, and I hope more people use this instead of pirating.  

Creative Cloud license directly from Adobe is only $49.99 a month for all programs for new customers, or $29.99 a month for upgraders.  That is a pretty sweet deal for those of us who use it for work.  $600. year for a suite of program that will always be up to date and includes everything that use to sell for $6k.  Adobe finally got it right, and I hope more people use this instead of pirating.  

The creative cloud is of no use for me, because I am not always with an internet connection, and sometimes my internet connections is not fast enough.  Half of the Adobe programs I dont use, so it was logical for me to buy the suite that fits me most.  I did end up with programs that I wont use, but was still cheaper than buying the individual programs I do use.  I purchased the Adobe Design and Web premium CS 6.  Which suits all my needs.

I would have bought direct from Adobe, but after multiple tries and calls to the thai bank, they just would not accept my thai visa card.  So I found it on the IVMshop.com.   Registered with Adobe as per normal, etc...  And it was a chunk cheaper as well...   :)   Happy days.

And Yes, hopefully this will cut down on the amount of pirating for Adobe.

A life on the ocean wave for me I'm afraid............................pirate.gif

Holy shit.  Is this for real?  I mean....this is the Adobe website and all, but why?  I'm kicking myself for just buying the current Creative Cloud service for work.  That was one of my favorite versions too.  

Not tried it myself yet but it appears to be. Software companies often give away old versions of products in the hope that people will pay for the latest version.

All products appear to be available for both PC and Mac. Got to be worth giving it a try if you need a copy on a mac.

I can tell people how to use PS CS5 for free..... :GoldenSmile1:

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I can tell people how to use PS CS5 for free..... :GoldenSmile1:

Lightroom too.  :hello09:

The creative cloud is of no use for me, because I am not always with an internet connection, and sometimes my internet connections is not fast enough.  Half of the Adobe programs I dont use, so it was logical for me to buy the suite that fits me most.  I did end up with programs that I wont use, but was still cheaper than buying the individual programs I do use.  I purchased the Adobe Design and Web premium CS 6.  Which suits all my needs.

I would have bought direct from Adobe, but after multiple tries and calls to the thai bank, they just would not accept my thai visa card.  So I found it on the IVMshop.com.   Registered with Adobe as per normal, etc...  And it was a chunk cheaper as well...   :)   Happy days.

And Yes, hopefully this will cut down on the amount of pirating for Adobe.

The "Creative Cloud" part of the name is a little misleading.  The monthly license allows you to download any/all of the full suite desktop programs.  They are the exact ones that you would buy if you installed them off a DVD.  The main difference with Creative Cloud, aside having the option of being able to store files in Adobe's cloud, is that you are on a monthly, no-contract subscription basis.  That means your computer does need an internet connection to download the programs (takes forever initially), to initiate the licenses for the subscription, and at least once every 30 days to check your current license status.  You also need the connection for installing updates--which is a huge plus for the direction of some of these applications.  Aside from that, you can work offline and store files locally with no restriction.  This is not a thin client type of package, where the programs are web based like Google services.  

I think they went this direction when they realized that a lot of design professionals will stick with their favorite releases for years before upgrading.  The subscription seems cheap, but if you add it up for several years, then I guess Adobe comes out on top.  Also, with digital distribution, it is probably far more efficient for Adobe to deploy.  Lastly, because there are no contracts, I bet Adobe is pulling more clients who want to use it for specific, short-term needs, thus steering more people away from pirating.  

A life on the ocean wave for me I'm afraid............................attachicon.gifpirate.gif

lol.  I used do that too, but after working in the programming realm, I realized how pissed I would be if I spent months or years busting my ass in a 60-70 hour work week making a piece of software, only to then have some overseas company facilitate the free distribution of my hard work.  It's not so much that I care about large software corporations.  I care about people similar to myself having their life's passion and hard work stolen without so much as a thank you.  The crazy part is that most people pirate the Adobe suites for just Photoshop, and there are tons of free alternatives now with Gimp and Chrome extensions like Pixlr Editor.  

Now, I'm not telling people to go out and spend $2,599. on the Master Collection, but if Adobe is giving CS2 away and there are free alternatives, then why go to the 'Bay?

.......................................if Adobe is giving CS2 away and there are free alternatives, then why go to the 'Bay?

Been on CS5 for yonks, why would I go back to CS2?

You're obviously a very nice person with lots of money.   :hello09:

Been on CS5 for yonks, why would I go back to CS2?

You're obviously a very nice person with lots of money.   :hello09:

If the $50./month for the Creative Cloud license is considered too much of a monthly business expense, then I should probably stop buying coffee every work day too.  That's got to be around $40-60. a month.  Unfortunately for me, I don't have lots of money.  Don't let my avatar picture fool you.  I took out cash one year for my trip, so what you see in the picture was my bounty before even buying my plane ticket.  But yes, I'm a nice person.  

True, CS5 is far superior than CS2, but that doesn't change the fact that you could use CS2 legitimately.  Also, all the things that make CS5 superior are fairly advanced, technical tools and revisions to the Flash authoring program.  Your average Photoshop novice probably won't know the difference, and will have far more than they can use with CS2.  

Lightroom too.  :hello09:

That is even easier...lol Adobe have have some real shit protection on the their products.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Your average Photoshop novice probably won't know the difference, and will have far more than they can use with CS2.  

The sole reason why I upgraded from CS4 to CS5 is for the content-aware fill. You can delete an area and the software will fill it based on the surrounding pixels. For what I do it is a great tool and I couldn't do without it now.

The sole reason why I upgraded from CS4 to CS5 is for the content-aware fill. You can delete an area and the software will fill it based on the surrounding pixels. For what I do it is a great tool and I couldn't do without it now.

I wasn't directing the "novice" comment at anyone here, btw.  Just saying that if 60% of the remaining active CS2 users are truly pirated, then I'm assuming those people aren't exactly paying industry experts.  I'm sure there are quite a few people who download it just to make rudimentary edits and image extractions.  The fact that you know about the content-aware fill shows that you're not in the group I was talking about.  

I wasn't directing the "novice" comment at anyone here, btw.  Just saying that if 60% of the remaining active CS2 users are truly pirated, then I'm assuming those people aren't exactly paying industry experts.  I'm sure there are quite a few people who download it just to make rudimentary edits and image extractions.  The fact that you know about the content-aware fill shows that you're not in the group I was talking about.  

Even in my little Avatar, there was once a light switch, some coving, the edge of a picture and the end of a shelf.   :Think1:

The "Creative Cloud" part of the name is a little misleading.  The monthly license allows you to download any/all of the full suite desktop programs.  They are the exact ones that you would buy if you installed them off a DVD.  The main difference with Creative Cloud, aside having the option of being able to store files in Adobe's cloud, is that you are on a monthly, no-contract subscription basis.  That means your computer does need an internet connection to download the programs (takes forever initially), to initiate the licenses for the subscription, and at least once every 30 days to check your current license status.  You also need the connection for installing updates--which is a huge plus for the direction of some of these applications.  Aside from that, you can work offline and store files locally with no restriction.  This is not a thin client type of package, where the programs are web based like Google services.  

I think they went this direction when they realized that a lot of design professionals will stick with their favorite releases for years before upgrading.  The subscription seems cheap, but if you add it up for several years, then I guess Adobe comes out on top.  Also, with digital distribution, it is probably far more efficient for Adobe to deploy.  Lastly, because there are no contracts, I bet Adobe is pulling more clients who want to use it for specific, short-term needs, thus steering more people away from pirating.  

I haven't looked into it that much.  I just assumed it would have been like the google services.  In any case, 50 dollars a month equates to about 600 dollars a year.  That is all I paid for the Design and Web CS6 premium for ever.  I have always said if I start making money using photoshop, then I would pay for it.  I guess that time has come.  LOL.

I haven't looked into it that much.  I just assumed it would have been like the google services.  In any case, 50 dollars a month equates to about 600 dollars a year.  That is all I paid for the Design and Web CS6 premium for ever.  I have always said if I start making money using photoshop, then I would pay for it.  I guess that time has come.  LOL.

For owners of past licenses of Adobe products, it is $29.99/month.  For someone who makes money off the software suite, $600. is a relatively easy cost of operations to absorb.  You could practically work in that expense on one big enough job, or just factor that in $50 for 12 jobs.  I do get your point, that you own CS6 Design and Web Premium for a similar amount of money, but what if next year Adobe releases the killer feature that will save you tons or time, or releases a new program?  I guess it makes more sense for those people who used the full Master Suite, which is currently $1300.   

For owners of past licenses of Adobe products, it is $29.99/month.  For someone who makes money off the software suite, $600. is a relatively easy cost of operations to absorb.  You could practically work in that expense on one big enough job, or just factor that in $50 for 12 jobs.  I do get your point, that you own CS6 Design and Web Premium for a similar amount of money, but what if next year Adobe releases the killer feature that will save you tons or time, or releases a new program?  I guess it makes more sense for those people who used the full Master Suite, which is currently $1300.   

Im sure it has its pros and cons for different people.  But I am definitely going to be using it for foreseeable future without a doubt.  If they make a killer release next year, they have made the upgrades around 300 USD for the past few years...  

I seen with the beta release of CS6 there was going to be a Out of Focus tool, which would have been pretty damn awesome, but apparently, it was not quite ready to be released...  Will be interesting to see what the future brings.

Definitely good for someone that only needs the applications for a short while or for a specific project.

Archived