IGNORED

phones, sim cards, and calling out of country

pacastew

I see the advantage to the sim card change for within country calls, but I am curious about situations where I might need to call someone in the United States while I'm in Thailand or someone needs to call me.

Is it still generally cheaper to go with the Thai sim card? or should I switch back to my stateside sim if I need to call the U.S.?

It will be generally cheaper to use a local sim as you will incur roaming charges to use your US sim which can be quite expensive, sometimes even when people call/message you; you might be in for a nasty surprise when you return home and see your bill.

With a Thai sim you can top up as required and control and keep track of your spend. 

use any local sim, ais, dtac, true  YOu can get a true sim for free and the others might cost ya about 50baht

than go and buy a took dee calling card, ( 100,200,300 baht)  http://www.thookdee.com/home/index_en.php

call the states for .45 satang

Archived