IGNORED

Renting Motorbikes

yamabthere

I am looking to rent a motorbike for a month or more on my next trip (Dec/ Jan). So far I have found this Motorbike for rent

and I know there are adverts in the pattayamail. You should be able to get a bike for 2 - 3000 a month maybe less?.

Has anyone got any good recommendations of where / who I can rent a bike off?

Thanks.

"A man does what he can until his destiny is revealed"

There's light at the end of this long tunnel

on soi LK metro you can rent on the other side of metro appartment.

i rented there 2 times at 120 a day dont know about the monthly rates.

this is the email adress: [email protected]

I saw them too, I am almost certain they were 2,500 monthly.

I saw them too, I am almost certain they were 2,500 monthly.

low season 2500 a month

high season 3500 a month

Thanks I think there are lots of places around the 3000 a month price it's just a matter of finding a reliable one that won't rip me off. The though of paying 40,000 baht because the bike has been stolen is a major potential down side!

"A man does what he can until his destiny is revealed"

There's light at the end of this long tunnel

one piece of advise,if u rent for one month go buy your own lock.

it costs about 350 bath,so u be sure no one has another key to your bike.

Good advice Sponge. Alot of the bike rentals in town got the idea of following you around and when the bike is alone in the open, they use their spare key to take the bike away and later charge you for the "loss" of their bike that you rented. Get your own safety lock which range from 350 to 1200baht. I believe the more it costs the better hehehehe.

By the way, Who can afford a Yamaha YZFR1 for a 1000 a day? Any ideas of this price? Is it a waste of money or worth it?

Cheers.

Burn rubber not your soul.

I can usually find a YZFR1 near Soi 8 for around 600 baht a day, 2002 or higher model. I've got a good friend that i only rent from, Mr. Deen at Soi 8, I've rented from him so much he'll rent me a 900 or 600 for 300 baht and lend me a scooter whenever i want one. 1000 baht for an R1 is a bit too much, especially if they take your passport as collateral.

For help or advice with Vehicle Inspections and Repair anywhere in Thailand, send me a PM!

มีคนเป็นล้านคน ช่างไร้เหตผลุจริงๆ ที่เราเจอà¸à¸±à¸™

R1 for 1000baht a day, you can thank the good muslim bike renters down in soi 13 funland next to the 7-11, they charge too mutt :rolleyes: but got some nice rides there. So where in soi 8 is it possible to get a 600cc for 300 a day? :):D:D sounds interesting!

does that friend also rent any new Scooters?

im in pats almost all the month jan08 and still looking for a nice bike to rent for a good price?

I can usually find a YZFR1 near Soi 8 for around 600 baht a day, 2002 or higher model. I've got a good friend that i only rent from, Mr. Deen at Soi 8, I've rented from him so much he'll rent me a 900 or 600 for 300 baht and lend me a scooter whenever i want one. 1000 baht for an R1 is a bit too much, especially if they take your passport as collateral.

Yes my friend's name is Deen, a short stout thai man with a mop of black hair. He's got a few newer Scooters and can call out to his friends if you have a specific bike request. Riding a scooter in pattaya is relatively safe, as long as you use your signal lights, don't cut across traffic when turning, and watch traffic about 60 feet ahead. After a day or so it's really quite easy to keep up with motorbike taxis if you start watching their traffic behaviour and tailor your habits to suit. I spent a month in pattaya and drove all types of bikes, after riding a scooter for 2 weeks and being able to pass motorbike taxi drivers (much to their wide-eyed surprise), riding a big bike around came naturally, i was even able to slide through traffic at the start of Walking Street, on a CBR1000! Most people say that it's too dangerous in pattaya, and it sure is, if you've never ridden before and you have the reflexes of a just-fed cat...It's not the best place to LEARN to ride, but it can be done and the rewards are getting where you want to go quickly, safely, and with all your limbs attached.

For help or advice with Vehicle Inspections and Repair anywhere in Thailand, send me a PM!

มีคนเป็นล้านคน ช่างไร้เหตผลุจริงๆ ที่เราเจอà¸à¸±à¸™

Renting a bike in Pattaya is easy but the scary part is who is it your renting from? You have to give a copy of your passport to the people you rent from. I found a business that rents cars and motorbikes. Its owned by a guy from the U.K. and ran by his wife and mean little dyke looking Thai Gal/Guy.

This guy is legit. I always rent from them. They are all business, thorugh and reliabe.

I had issues with a bike and they were more than willing to resolve the issue before blaiming me or making it a problem for me. They are across literally from 7 eleven that next to the LK MEtropole on Soi diana about 50 feet from the intersection of Soi Buakow and Soi Diana.

Average for a week is 200 baht a day with a 1000 baht deposit and all is paid in full upfront. You will get a bike lock, two helmets and a average motorbike to hold up your farang large but and a small 19something thai girl.

Any questions just message me.

Keith

Swiss guy (Bruno) on the East Side

Scooters 2000-3000 a month depending on engine size/model.

I am told FULL insurance but you need to check with him the situation re theft.

http://www.pattaya-houses-motors.com,

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

i have send this 3 email by over a period of one month never got an answer?

andy do you know that uys personally?

if so cold u ask him if to email me please?

thanks

sponge

Swiss guy (Bruno) on the East Side

Scooters 2000-3000 a month depending on engine size/model.

I am told FULL insurance but you need to check with him the situation re theft.

<a href="http://www.pattaya-houses-motors.com" target="_blank">http://www.pattaya-houses-motors.com</a>,

There is one guy in Jomtien named Tony. He runs an excellent establishment of a minimart and he maintains his bikes extremely well. I told him if I'd ever have the time, I'd advertise for him, nice bloke. Used to speedway race back in Australia but now he's retired and just loves to maintain his Mios and Nouvos.

ANybody interested, PM me and we can go visit Tony some time.

Cheers.

P.S. His prices are excellent for his bikes quality and perfomance.

• 2 weeks later...

I never pay more than 2000Baht a month for a small bike (115-125)I only ever go to Pattaya in the low season but I found the Cheap Charies bike rental place on Soi Chiapoon )just of Soi Buakhow to be willing to negotiate on terms.I have never had a problem so cant tell any horror stories.

PS never give your Passport as deposit, some will ask but they are rip offs in the making,a copy is enough.

Edited by sinbinjack

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys as a biker in the States (CBR) I wouldn't mind renting one for a few days to get around Thailand. How does the insurance work out?

• 6 months later...