IGNORED

Chinese area in Pattaya?

Hi,

Is there any area in Pattaya with a concentration of Chinese restaurants and shops? Authentic Chinese with writing in Chinese characters and the people would (also) speak Mandarin or Cantonese.

Even though I have not been, I believe there is an area on Naklua Road at the end furthest from dolphin roundabout.

-FL

I've been here a long time maybe too long?  I'm Chinese and I've been everywhere around Pattaya the far end of Naklua down by the local fish market is about as close as it comes. Certain time of the year you see I believe in October, the Vegetarian festival or a copy of the moon festival some chinese writng and decoration and there are a few shops that look like Chinese herbal shops but in the end I haven't had anyone speak Chinese to me.

I'd say the largest concentration of Chinese in town are in certain go go's, walking three 6 or 7 abreast behind someone carrying a flag, or on many of the tour buses around town heading to or from some tourist event.

I'd say the largest concentration of Chinese in town are in certain go go's, walking three 6 or 7 abreast behind someone carrying a flag, or on many of the tour buses around town heading to or from some tourist event.

Looks like you miss the whole question?  But you are right regarding W.S.  As the Bangkok Post indicated in a article recently the Chinese tourist has increase something like 50% and now is the largest tourist group in Thailand. 

At the Go Go's like during the holidays and right now they are jam pack in groups like places like Bacarra! with Chinese from China.  In general I can tell because of the language and they are more pushy and more agressive than the Japanese or Korean.  The one thing they do have in common is they all smoke as if they can't wait to get cancer or give it to others through 2nd hand smoke? 

Looks like you miss the whole question?  But you are right regarding W.S.  As the Bangkok Post indicated in a article recently the Chinese tourist has increase something like 50% and now is the largest tourist group in Thailand. 

At the Go Go's like during the holidays and right now they are jam pack in groups like places like Bacarra! with Chinese from China.  In general I can tell because of the language and they are more pushy and more agressive than the Japanese or Korean.  The one thing they do have in common is they all smoke as if they can't wait to get cancer or give it to others through 2nd hand smoke? 

Actually Exiled, I didn't miss the question, just answered in a funny way. No, there are no Chinese areas of town that I'm aware of. Same answer for Vietnamese. Obviously there are businesses run by Chinese, but they seem to integrate in versus having an actual Chinatown are a grouping of businesses in a given part of town. They seem to have integrated quite well with the Thai, as compared to say Japanese, Arabs, Iranians, Swiss, Russians, etc, etc. as there in fact distinct areas of town/businesses owned and operated by these and more. BTW, I live in Naklua.

Too bad, there seems to be a demand for authentic Chinese restaurants :)

Actually Exiled, I didn't miss the question, just answered in a funny way. No, there are no Chinese areas of town that I'm aware of. Same answer for Vietnamese. Obviously there are businesses run by Chinese, but they seem to integrate in versus having an actual Chinatown are a grouping of businesses in a given part of town. They seem to have integrated quite well with the Thai, as compared to say Japanese, Arabs, Iranians, Swiss, Russians, etc, etc. as there in fact distinct areas of town/businesses owned and operated by these and more. BTW, I live in Naklua.

Got you!  I knew exactly what you were doing?  The Taiwan tour groups have a thing with the flags?

You often hear that Chinese tourists also want to eat Chinese food abroad, I have seen this myself for example in Amsterdam.But maybe they are also content with Thai food.

Too bad, there seems to be a demand for authentic Chinese restaurants :)

Lotsa Chinese restaurants in China and USA.

Lotsa Chinese restaurants in China and USA.

So? Just saying that such a restaurant probably would have good business in Pattaya. There are also enough Italian restaurants all over the world, etc.

Archived