IGNORED

cheapest sim to txt and call thailand

johnnyboy31

Lycamobile & lebara mobile ?

I've got a skype subscription works well if you're making lots of calls and localphone have got a new app ( new to me anyway ) SMS about 2p and calls 1.3p . I've had some texts get lost in the past , but they may have improved . There are some sims that they sell in Tesco but I can't remember what they're called . I'll look tonight if no-one fills you in .

Get a TMobile PAYG sim card and use this short code - 290370 

Calls are 3p a minute, not sure about texts as i just use it for calling.

Cheers,

Back home and waiting for the next trip! Which aint long now!!!!!

Try O2 international SIM.  Used to be 2p/min. Not sure now.Top up min £15/month

Try O2 international SIM.  Used to be 2p/min. Not sure now.Top up min £15/month

try talk home mobile   it a new service and has 2 options    it works well for me so far

I dont think you will get cheaper than this..........EPAY World card.  O.5p per minute plus charge to a local number....BUT... if you get an Unlimited Calls to landlines tariff on your mobile , you will avoid the cost of the local call.  There is also an 0800 number you can use to connect for free from some landlines.

The procedure is to call the Epay 0207 or 0800 number and when prompted dial in your pin number, then the Thai number you wish to call.  Occasionally you get a misconnection, but mostly it works very well.

The card is yours to keep and has a pin number.  You can top it up in newsagents and Sainsburys supermarkets.  I top up £10 and it lasts for ages.  It really is 0.5p a minute to Thailand, and good rates to other countries too.

I have not seen the cards in Sainsburys, but they are in many newsagents.  Sainsburys staff are not very aware of the card but as soon as they swipe it to their till it is fairly obvious how to top it up..  The till shows IDT I believe, (rather than EPAY).  Also there is a customer service number 0207 028 7357 on the back of the card.

Hope that helps.

02 deal is very good

Marit

• 3 weeks later...

If you have an iPhone or an Android phone just call with your own number. You can use a VOIP program (MobileVOIP) for your device and enter the login of an VOIP account where you have registered (also see more info at www.hanstel.nl)
I am calling Thailand now occasionally free and sometimes 0,01 eurocent a minute with my own number.

It's very cheap, cheaper than Lyca or any other SIM.

wot is the best pay asyou go sim to txt and ring thai land from the uk thanks

cant go wrong with rebtel.com at 1p a minute to a thai mobile and 3p per text.                localphone.com  is 0.9p /minute to a thai mobile but the connection with these  has gone downhill recently. I recommend rebtel, been with them for 3 years now. 

If you have a smart phone download Whatsapp, send and recieve free txt's,  photo's and video.

Lot's of Thai girls in Pattaya have it.  Completely free.

Stevie

• 4 weeks later...

register with www.localphone.co.uk min amount £5 plus vat I think. they then give you a uk based no for each of your thai nos then calls are less than 1p per min to los  from any mobile or landline. just pay same a local uk call cost,good quality calls been using them last 4 years also,you can print   off an itemized bill  history should you want proof of contact for a visa for a thai to uk 

Archived