IGNORED

Best online translation tool?

Luv2Phuket

Sorry if this is discussed elsewhere, but I couldn't find it.

I am really curious about FB posts, so my first option is to hit the "translate" button, which uses Bing.  Honestly, it ALWAYS comes up as complete gibberish.

So I usually then cut and paste it into Google translate, but I think it's fairly inaccurate, as well.

Here's an example:  

FB Post: เมาแล้วอ่ะ

Bing: "Drunk red." (WTF could THAT even mean?!?)

Google: "I screwed up" (plausible translation for the post)

Is there ANY other online translation site to which I could cut and paste that might be a little more useful?

BTW, given how worthless its translation software is, I will steer clear of Bing for any and all purposes!

Using thai2english I would say it says 'now drunk' (see below).

Bing is complete and utter shit. I would like to here is there is anything better than thai2english.

• ra.gifเมา แล้ว อ่ะ

• mao láew a

เมา mao [to be] drunk ; inebriated แล้ว

láew and ; and then ; and after that already (used a general marker that indicates a specified action has happened or state has been attained) อ่ะ a (particle used in slang speech after questions or to soften statements)

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Thanks, Scumbag  (God that sounds like I'm insulting you!  5555555!)

I'm bookmarking thai2english right away.  That translation makes PERFECT sense, BTW!

I use translate.google.com on my computer (which I can use for the girl of the hour to type thai with the thai language pack on my computer and the keyboard) I also use it on my phone and it has an audio play button so I just type whatever, hit play and put the phone to her ear. I have found that bing translate is sometimes better. when using it for an important email etc. I double translate (get it into thai then reverse and make sure it translates back properly). Mostly I talk to smart (for) Thai girls and they get the jist.

I;ll try thai2english as well but so far the big boys do good enough for me for everyday talk like, "you like butt sex?" or "you have a younger sister you can bring next time?", you know, the normal stuff. ;)

nrvous - got any info on that Thai language pack?

I was thinking about doing the "typing conversation," but couldn't figure out how she will respond in Thai (since my keyboard is solely in English)

nrvous - got any info on that Thai language pack?

I was thinking about doing the "typing conversation," but couldn't figure out how she will respond in Thai (since my keyboard is solely in English)

If you are looking for something to type Thai with check out Virtual Thai Keyboard.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I use the bulk lookup on www.thai-language.com

Because of slang, left out words, wrong spelling by a lot of Thai people and Isaan language mixed with Thai, colloquial written language as found on facebook or in emails is a hard nut to crack.

the bulk lookup looks at the sentence and divides it into words and then offers several meanings for each word, so the meaning of a sentence can be pieced together. Doesn't work too well when Isaan is mixed with Thai though.

If you are looking for something to type Thai with check out Virtual Thai Keyboard.

Thanks!  That is perfect!

I probably should have Googled "virtual Thai keyboard," huh?   555555

Archived