IGNORED

Best way to call North America, help please :)

I am wondering what the best (read cheapest), way to call Canada.  One of my tenants has caused a situation that will require me to make calls of an extended variety to land lines in Canada.  I have True prepaid at the moment on my cellular.  Thanks

w

Skype 1.9 cents a minute from your computer and hotel wifi.

Otherwise ask a girl at Tukcom cell floor what the best plan and the best dialing prefix to use for cheaper calls.

Dialling direct, e.g. +1 and the number will cost the most but there are usually cheaper dial out prefixes you dial to get a VOIP network and pay somewhat less.

You dial something like 007 008 or 009 instead of 001 or 011 (the + sign is a substitute for the international dial out).

There are also prepaid cards. Just ask a Thai who has landed a sucker, I mean sponsor, and has to call him. She'll know.

There are also prepaid cards. Just ask a Thai who has landed a sucker, I mean sponsor, and has to call him. She'll know.

Skype 1.9 cents a minute from your computer and hotel wifi.

Otherwise ask a girl at Tukcom cell floor what the best plan and the best dialing prefix to use for cheaper calls.

Dialling direct, e.g. +1 and the number will cost the most but there are usually cheaper dial out prefixes you dial to get a VOIP network and pay somewhat less.

You dial something like 007 008 or 009 instead of 001 or 011 (the + sign is a substitute for the international dial out).

"There are also prepaid cards. Just ask a Thai who has landed a sucker, I mean sponsor, and has to call him. She'll know."

Most likely she shall try to call him collect call as " hab no money tilac " :GoldenSmile1:

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

Thanks all, hooked up with the True prepay for 3 baht per minute international using 006 prefix (actually they gave me 60 minutes free as I had recently purchased a prepay sim and some promotion was on).  Went to the True store between friendship grocery and Tukcom.  The girl there spoke very good English and was a great help.  She provided me with written instructions in English also.  Thought about Skype and such, but needed to make an extended call tonight with minimal interruptions.

Archived