IGNORED

What Short-Term Plans Are Available For Laptops?

tomx2

Hi.

I am considering buying a Macbook Pro laptop to use in pattaya for about 6 months.

Can someone explain to me are there any internet service providers in Pattaya that offers

short-term plans for internet connection for 6 months?

Will be staying exclusively at hotels. I realize many hotels offer free WIFI. And there are plenty of internet cafés in Pattaya.

But I would just like to explore the possibility of using my laptop outside my hotel.

Not really interested in smartphones for internet use since I will be doing some heavy newspaper reading.

Would a tablet have more short-term ISP plans available than a laptop?

I’ve heard wifi connection is just as slow as a dial-up. Is that true?

Thanks.

Tom.

• 1 month later...

Buy a 3G dongle (dont you just love that word!) That way you can connect anywhere in Thailand. The dongle is generally about 1500THB plus data usage......

Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held.

Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin.

Believe nothing just because someone else believes it.

Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived