IGNORED

Tukcom experience

jenam_2001

Yesterday I decided to buy I pad mini 32GB 3G in Pattaya,in every i-store can try,on price list 18200. Looks easy. I ask in tuk com downstairs-original store,answer No have,maybe one week. I went royal garden plaza,original ass well-no have,3th floor central festival-no have,maybe 2 week.

I drive back to Tuk com,go upstairs,ask no name sellers-almost everybody have have. How much? I expected less then 18200,but what a surprise,price is from 20500 till 21500. No less.

Finally i bought in big C for 18200,just arrived but what I want to say-TUKCOM IS NOT CHEAPEST AND BEST FOR SHOPPING.

Apple products are meant to be the same price everywhere in a country.

Did you get it cheaper over there compared to your own country?

Tukcom is good but remember that you also have to negotiate there.

It's just like in the markets...they will quote you a price that is always over the normal....it's up to you to negotiate it down.

Big C was probably selling it at the recommended rate that Apple products should be sold at.

Of and welcome to PA.

Hope you are enjoying your holiday!

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Yesterday I decided to buy I pad mini 32GB 3G in Pattaya,in every i-store can try,on price list 18200. Looks easy. I ask in tuk com downstairs-original store,answer No have,maybe one week. I went royal garden plaza,original ass well-no have,3th floor central festival-no have,maybe 2 week.

I drive back to Tuk com,go upstairs,ask no name sellers-almost everybody have have. How much? I expected less then 18200,but what a surprise,price is from 20500 till 21500. No less.

Finally i bought in big C for 18200,just arrived but what I want to say-TUKCOM IS NOT CHEAPEST AND BEST FOR SHOPPING.

TUKCOM also sells original goods and the price of no surprise. As you can see from your story, it's purely about trade and business. Yes, of course, a copy can get much cheaper, but I would have such a thing in Tuckom buy it. Welcome to the forum and greet fellow from my country. Incidentally, an interesting first post on the forum.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

IPad Mini is in short supply, even in the States. If you want one right away, you'll probably have to pay a premium wherever you shop.

Phone sellers in Tuckom will also jack the prices up during high season.

Even on cheap used Nokia phones. The 800-900 baht phones will be 1100-1300 until high season ends, and then it's right back down to the lower price or what ever they can get for them.

Thank you for the welcome messages and all the answers. In case of this Ipad I was looking for the right original product only at recommended price from Apple [just need the tablet,no need to make worldwide deal and save millions]. price 20500 is after hard negotiation,I tryed 5 different places at Tukcom to know really minimum. My surprise is-original store for recommended price no have,non original sellers at Tukcom have,but for 3000bath more. From the Big C a received VAT papers and I hope I get 7% VAT back when I leave the country-in case non name sellers at Tukcom I have no idea how it works.

I am not saying that Tukcom is bad thig-I bought there nokia A1-2 sim cards,700 bath after hard negotiation [my experience is that,they have about 10% place for discount,no 30 or 50%] It is non original product of course,but I like it,small thing,working excellent.

I had the same experience trying to buy iphone 5.

there is an i store in Tukcom on ground level the eastern corner they had the official price which was the cheapest of all others , however there is a store just opposite the istore and he was ready to compete with the official price and sold it for 200BHT cheaper.

It is all about competition and bargening. TUKCOM has it reputation as a cheap place and if you take it for granted you may be ending paying more.

Except for the proper retail stores, Tukcom is just a big market, and the vendors will take as much as you will pay. A big flash building, but just a market. Do some research before you go, and take it from there.

How the heck you manage to distinguish between fake and real Apple products?

I was lost on brands and prices in Tukcom so I prefer original stores or Amazon.com

Might be wrong?  But isn't there a Apple Store inside Central Festival, 2nd,3rd or 4th floor?

I've priced things out at Tukcom a couple of times, and bought it thousands of baht cheaper at MBK (Maboonkrung) in Bangkok.

Example from a couple of months ago, an Apple iPhone 3GS for 7900 baht at Tukcom, bought it for 6,000 at MBK.

Within Tukcom, I asked the price of an authentic Apple iPhone charger and cable. One kiosk wanted 1200 baht. Bought it for 700 baht at another. 

Phone sellers in Tuckom will also jack the prices up during high season.

Even on cheap used Nokia phones. The 800-900 baht phones will be 1100-1300 until high season ends, and then it's right back down to the lower price or what ever they can get for them.

This reply hits the spot. welcome to thailand ( and any other country without retail price maintenance).

Peak season is a very expensive time to do anything. A 50baht m/c taxi will go up to 80baht. I have been asked for 150baht by one chancer.  My hotel put dinner up by 300% and the enertainment is the same as before!!!

I guess the negotiation is more critical at this time of the year. I haven't tried,  I just say happy new Year and walk away.

I guess a pussy should be more expensive because she has been eating turkey not balaa.

A tour of the (endless) cell phone floor of TukCom. Drive a hard bargain for anything and everything!

Archived