IGNORED

Vid File downloads incomplete..

chilli

Hello to computer experts.

Hope someone can advise a computer dunce.

This morning tried to download a vid file from a forum via Rapidgator host, free user.

I have mobile broadband which is sometimes shit in this part of this supposed first world city ( Sydney) with third world facilities.

The file is 318 Mb. When the broadband works, a file this size normally takes just over 2 hours, Speeds are up and down from 50- 120 Kb p/s.

Attempt 1 at about 0600. downloaded about 3 Mb, then finished.

Attempt 2 about 0630. 18% of file downloaded, then stopped. Could still browse sites. After about 15 mins, download ended at that 18% point.

Attempt 3 at about 0900. 40% downloaded then stopped. Again about 15 mins later ended at that 40% point.

Attempt 4 at 1100. 8 Mb downloaded then finished.

The above scenario is an example of what happens about 30% of the time when I attempt vid downloads.

Usually I perservere and get the file but the failures waste my monthly usage allowance.

Any advise from the experts??

Thank you.

If it's got tits or tyres you gonna have problems.

I don't know if there is an effective Download Manager that would work for your purposes, but that is what I'd look into. The below link has some. Microsoft, etc, use a Download Manager that allows one to resume an interrupted download.

http://www.google.com/search?q=download+manager+for+video+files&aq=2&oq=Download+manager+for+vid&sugexp=chrome,mod=5&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

free file hosts like rapidgator etc don't allow for resuming downloads or download accelerators unless you buy their premium service.....

Thanks for your replies.

Downloaded the IDM and was able to download a vid file via Ryushare free user, 130 Mb took about 10 mins.

Also takes Rapidshare and Deposit Files.

Resuming downloads allowed. Excellent.

Possibly have to disenable IDM to download Rapidgator, UploadedTo and Luckyshare.

Maybe I just gotta move outta here.

Soon I hope.

Thanks.

You should use Internet Download Manager : www.internetdownloadmanager.com/download.html

I'm using it with unstable internet connection, it's very powerfull . ;)

Thanks for assistance.

Yesterday was able to download vid files to completion via Rapidgator.

Speeds though not fast were the best I've had.

But today RG back to the incomplete downloads again.

RG must be one of the worst popular hosts in use by popular forums.

Are they brain dead?

IDM still works well with other free hosts.

Good luck.

Archived