IGNORED

Cell phone costs

bouncewithme

How much will a basic cell phone with only voice (with international dialing) and SMS service for two weeks cost me? I do not need Internet/data service. Thx.

How much will a basic cell phone with only voice (with international dialing) and SMS service for two weeks cost me? I do not need Internet/data service. Thx.

It depends on how much you use it but it is cheap. Within Thailand is is about 2 Baht per minute and 5 Baht per SMS.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I just take an old phone from home & get a Thai sim card. Make sure your phone has been unlocked . I usually get 1-2 call network. Usually around 300 - 400 b start

Mud , Blood or Flood, We fuck tonight.

hi bounce

i always get a thai sim , i pay approx 99 baht for it , then i go to CAT something and pay about 300 baht for about 300 minutes of talk time over the internet /

it lasts me for my usual 10 days !!!

regards

guiness

BTW if you have any more questions about this please leave it until tomorrow as i am presently scuttered !!!!

If you are looking to get a Telephone then head to Tukcom.

They have phones for 800-1000 Baht.

For mobile phone charges check out this website for some details.

LINK

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Every trip, I get a new SIM card for my crappy Nokia Thai phone that I bought about 3+ years ago at Tukcom. In November, I was there for 10 days and don't think i came close to using the 150 baht that I think I put on it. Then again, I did some texting, but not many phone calls. It's a HUGE pain in the ass to text on this phone, but it's better than nothing.

On prior trips, it was almost a year (or more) since my prior trip, so the SIM cards had nothing left on them. I am hoping to get back in February, so I should still have some credit left on this one.

90% sure that cheap old US phones (not newer Apples and other smartphones) are not compatible with Thai mobile service -- that whole GSM/CDMA thing.

Do you know if a first generation Motorola droid would work in Thailand with a Thai SIM card?

If it has a sim card it will likely work.

last August a mate of mine bought a new Samsung (basic phone) with Thai sim for about 600 baht in Big C .....not in one of the 4 or 5 phone shops....actually upstairs in Big C itself.

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

90% sure that cheap old US phones (not newer Apples and other smartphones) are not compatible with Thai mobile service -- that whole GSM/CDMA thing.

Phones from the US are compatible in Thailand unless you have a phone from Verizon or Sprint or Tracphone or Virgin or a bunch of other smaller POS fly by night carriers that use the CMDA service. If you use a POS service you know who you are. Just ask your carrier if they use CMDA or GSM. If they say GSM they you are good to go. Don't even worry if your phone is locked or unlocked. When you buy a SIM card (unless you get it at 7/11), best to get it at Tuk-Com or Pantip plaza in Bangkok you can ask the SIM car seller to get your phone unlocked for you. This type of plac eis better as you can also pick out your new phone number from a selection.

Just a word of warning. Found my Galaxy S3 from AT&T in USA could NOT be unlocked at Tutkom in late August. Tried 3 or 4 shops, all said they did not have code. Said Samsung and AT&T did different version software. Ay update on this? Anyone have luck unlocking an AT&T S3 here?

Bought a nice Nokia [knock off] in Tukcom for 1100 last year works really well

Every trip, I get a new SIM card for my crappy Nokia Thai phone that I bought about 3+ years ago at Tukcom. In November, I was there for 10 days and don't think i came close to using the 150 baht that I think I put on it. Then again, I did some texting, but not many phone calls. It's a HUGE pain in the ass to text on this phone, but it's better than nothing.

On prior trips, it was almost a year (or more) since my prior trip, so the SIM cards had nothing left on them. I am hoping to get back in February, so I should still have some credit left on this one.

No I dont think so. A payment in (credit) has an expiry date, so unless you have used the phoine a lot and pushed the expiry date outwards in time by now it will be empty again.

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 from At&T and they would not unlock it. I went to a website and had it unlocked for $29.00 and i used it with a sim card from Bangkok and it worked fine when i was there in December.

Archived