IGNORED

Calling or texting the UK from Thailand (mobile to mobile)

Jumpin Jack Flash

I know this has probably been asked before but I just want to get it right.

If you want to call or text from Thailand mobile to a mobile phone in the UK (lets say number starts 07850..), I know you drop the first zero, so do you use

447850... or +447850... or 00447850... ?

Thanks in advance.

A better and cheaper option would be for both parties to get an app like Whatsap.

If you both have smart phones then you can download this app and communicate just like sending SMSs but you will be using the internet to send the messages.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I know this has probably been asked before but I just want to get it right.

If you want to call or text from Thailand mobile to a mobile phone in the UK (lets say number starts 07850..), I know you drop the first zero, so do you use

447850... or +447850... or 00447850... ?

Thanks in advance.

www.rebtel.com or www.localphone.com both options will save you hundreds of pounds. 1.1pence a minute with localphone.com to call a mobile phone in thailand.

Thanks a lot. I'll check those out. I'm currently using Skype to go and I think its about 1.5p per minute for me to call. Not sure how much texts are.

Any views on the correct number format ?

You would use +66 and drop the 0.

I use Line which is similar to Whatsapp - SMS, calls, picture & video messaging are all free as long as you both have smartphones and have at least a 3G signal or WIFI. It works most of the time, but for times when the connection is not good I do use Rebtel, the call quality is better and is less likely to lose connection. It's about 2p per minute mobile to mobile I think.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check them all out. I keep reading negative stuff about Whatsapp, tho.

The girl I want to chat with has a Blackberry, I have an android phone. I noticed when she sent me an SMS, I can't read it on my phone. It just sends me a link to the O2 website where I can pick up as a media message (even when its just a text, no photos). Frustrating :Hair_Out1:

I was wrong about the Skype rate - it's almost 4p per min. :o

But I've since found a decent Skype subscription package - Unlimited Worldwide for £8.49 per month. I'll be making calls most days so it works out very cheap. Ideal for me.

But I've since found a decent Skype subscription package - Unlimited Worldwide for £8.49 per month. I'll be making calls most days so it works out very cheap. Ideal for me.

I use this subscription for my business, it is very good, a couple of things to remember:

It is free to call landlines (charges apply to mobiles and taken from your available balance, check Skype for charges).

You can SMS to UK mobiles but you are charged the standard SMS rate (taken from your balance again), other people cannot send you SMS messages back.

You can set up local access dial numbers in your Skype account and then call the number on your mobile and it will route it through Skype. EG, I have numbers for my parents/family back in England and I just call the local access number on my mobile to speak to them, I.E. do not need to be in Skype to call them, works pretty cool for me.

Alternatively you can just use Skype on your mobile phone.

If you want free calls and SMS you can look at Apps like whatsapp and viber. But remember the other person needs these apps installed also.

What's the negative stuff about whatsapp?, I use it and it works pretty well. In fact, many of my Thai lady friends use it and we keep in touch this way.

I installed some money saving sites and the battery life nose dived to under 24 hours. I have now deleted some inc Skype and wait to see what happens. For Android the cheap prefix number is 005

so +00544..............

+447850 (of you have the + function)

or

not 0044

Is that right whiteS? I never knew the 001 was the alternative to +. It explains a few probs I have had in the past. Is that with all phones, land lines, smart or what?

Is that right whiteS? I never knew the 001 was the alternative to +. It explains a few probs I have had in the past. Is that with all phones, land lines, smart or what?

To be honest I dont know mate. Ive been here 25 years and have used 00144 as long as I can remember. It works on my cell, my home and office landlines.

Someone once told me 00944 got cheaper calls so i tried it, and it worked, but the cost was the same. That was a few years back so i dont know if it still does.

Never knew how to use the + thingy although i think its now easy to add it in a cell phone address book which would make it pretty easy.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

but the android economy exit code is still 005> just checked it.

so 005 44 7850...

whiteS

I know how you feel haha.

The silly thing is that whatever we tried yesterday is now superceded by something else as the preferred option...

Bring back the pigeons i say

Never knew how to use the + thingy although i think its now easy to add it in a cell phone address book which would make it pretty easy.

On an older phone with a traditional keypad you usually just hold the 0 key down a few seconds and it will change to a +

Archived