IGNORED

Problem With Ignore Option.

Edge

I have informed a Mod' but, assuming that it's not just affecting me, or only VIP members, it might be baffling others as it did me for a while.

The problem I've found is that my Edit options are disabled in any thread in which the Ignored member has ever posted.

It's not a feature I've use much before (twice actually) so it hasn't been much of a problem, but this time I put someone on Ignore who has posted in a lot of threads.

I tried going to Manage Ignore Prefs and 'un-Ignoring' him each time while I did an Edit, but it was ridiculous.

Unfortunately I've now had to leave him visible and just try not to read his posts.

Hopefully it's something that Admin' can find time to look into. :GoldenSmile1:

Hmm it's an interesting problem.

Unfortunately I have not had this happen to me.

I did ignore one person in the past but they don't post much thankfully.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

If it is me :hello09:

:LOL2: .......somehow I doubt he'll post here. :Think1:

Wow the problems you have when you are trying to ignore someone who just desn’t want to be ignored.....

When I was walking up the stair

I met a man who wasn’t there

He wasn’t there again today

I wish that prick would go away

:GoldenSmile1:

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

Testing 123 testing 123

Edit - Works for me (with someone on this thread ignored) Now to un-ignore them I guess....

Maybe it is the VIP glitch as you mentioned.

Testing 123 testing 123

Edit - Works for me (with someone on this thread ignored) Now to un-ignore them I guess....

If it works for you then it does seem to be a VIP thing - maybe I should Donate :LOL2::Laugh1:

HI Edge, hope it's not me you're ignoring! Did you try restarting your computer?

No, I'm pretty sure it's not my PC - been going on a while and on Laptop too.

I have informed a Mod' but, assuming that it's not just affecting me, or only VIP members, it might be baffling others as it did me for a while.

The problem I've found is that my Edit options are disabled in any thread in which the Ignored member has ever posted.

It's not a feature I've use much before (twice actually) so it hasn't been much of a problem, but this time I put someone on Ignore who has posted in a lot of threads.

I tried going to Manage Ignore Prefs and 'un-Ignoring' him each time while I did an Edit, but it was ridiculous.

Unfortunately I've now had to leave him visible and just try not to read his posts.

Hopefully it's something that Admin' can find time to look into. :GoldenSmile1:

testing, 1,2,3...

If it works for you then it does seem to be a VIP thing - maybe I should Donate :LOL2::Laugh1:

No, I'm pretty sure it's not my PC - been going on a while and on Laptop too.

same problem here, tried switching to explorer browser, and it was totally whacko when using it... sorry for the multiple posts... hangs up when I hit submit, and never shows the new post... deleted the ignore, and can now edit again... and switched back to chrome browser...

Hmm it's an interesting problem.

Unfortunately I have not had this happen to me.

I did ignore one person in the past but they don't post much thankfully.

If you can think of someone to Ignore :Think1: temporarily could you test the 'VIP only' theory for me by trying to Edit in a thread he has posted in please?

..........................same problem here, tried switching to explorer browser, and it was totally whacko when using it... sorry for the multiple posts... hangs up when I hit submit, and never shows the new post... deleted the ignore, and can now edit again... and switched back to chrome browser...

Just to be clear, are you saying that the same problem exists for an Advanced Member using Chrome?

yes edge, on chrome, I put someone who had posted here on ignore, then could not use the edit feature... took him off, and now can edit as before...

also posts are posting instead of hanging up now, I closed browser and reopened, that seems to have fixed that problem...

cheers,

g

Testing 123 testing 123

On Firefox btw.

On Firefox btw.

Thanks - just tried it on Firefox - same same.

Edit - maybe unconnected, but this Reply post is still hung on Firefox, but when I came across to Chrome it is posted.

Thanks - just tried it on Firefox - same same.

Edit - maybe unconnected, but this Reply post is still hung on Firefox, but when I came across to Chrome it is posted.

Ok. Not a browser issue then and not effecting all users. The plot thickens. If another VIP tests it that will solve another piece of the puzzle.

[ Insert witty funny Tapatalk signature ]

Archived