IGNORED

Best place to buy DSLR camera in BKK or patts

Mong Mogwli

Hi all

during my visit next week planning to buy a good camera.. cannon D60 or D5D of cannon ;

request guys to help in identify places to look for..

I googled arounf and most of the sites are showing in thai and it is not converting.. thx Adv......:-)

Thanks

MM

Hi all

during my visit next week planning to buy a good camera.. cannon D60 or D5D of cannon ;

request guys to help in identify places to look for..

I googled arounf and most of the sites are showing in thai and it is not converting.. thx Adv......:-)

Thanks

MM

For an idea of the price of the cameras have a look at Fotofile. They are in Bangkok.

Make sure you do a comparison with what you can get the same for at home. Also take into consideration that any warranty work may be problematic if you buy in Thailand to take home.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Capa Foto in Fortune Town Mall, speak to Khun Eak. He is very fair and comparable to the prices in the states.

Hi to the OP

I note that you are from India and we have had a few guys from there posting in the belief that cameras are cheaper in Thailand, they are not.

As Apex posts you will find a few shops where prices are "comparable" but even those have the warranty issues of buying in a foreign country.

By all means look around, but please understand that you will almost certainly find them cheaper back home and certainly can buy online cheaper.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

There are several Power Buy stores around Pattaya. I've always bought all of my gadgets there, from flat-screens to camera stuff and laptops.

Power Buy Site

Hi Op, if buying an expensive piece of kit like this I would suggest you do it in your home country. The reason being is it will be a lot easier to sort out under warranty if there are any problems with it.

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

top floor MBK new shops right when u get off the escalator.

I have found that even if most things are cheap in Thailand, electronic stuff are not - more likely same price as in your home country. And as others have mentioned you have to think about the warranty as well.

Everyone has the right to my opinion

better off bying a cheap ticket up to Hong Kong, you can get some good deals over there! pattaya isn`t cheap on cameras/lenses, or at least the Products I have looked at.

i will be back.

top floor MBK new shops right when u get off the escalator.

Also a couple of shops in new mall at Ekamai bus station (Gateway Mall).

Try seedcamera (.com for online store).

You can usually get a discount if you ask nicely (10%+).

I find Pattaya shops beef up the prices and are reluctant to give a discount. There are 3 main camera stores in Pattaya that have branches in the malls and Tukcom (Bigcamera, Photohut, Worldwide Camera). Photo hut for instance said they couldn't give a discount (Central mall branch) but was instantly offered a discount in their Tukcom branch.

I've found that you can get a much better deal in bkk.

I was looking for a cheap extra speedlite last week (a Yongnuo). The only shop to have them in Pattaya was in Tukcom. Price tag said 4,990B, but was told I could have it for 3,900B.

I managed to get the same thing in AV camera (bkk) for 2,600B.

If you want new model stuff, then buy in your home country (as prices in Thailand will be much higher). If you want something a little older, then search the internet for camera shops in bkk and compare prices. You might find a good deal.

Canon offer an international 1 year warranty, which extends to 2 years if you register it online (but you might have to live here to get that...).

No matter where you go, there you are....

• 8 months later...

Hi Op, if buying an expensive piece of kit like this I would suggest you do it in your home country. The reason being is it will be a lot easier to sort out under warranty if there are any problems with it.

Those of us in the UK are ok if it costs over £100 the beauty of sect 75 consumer credit act. makes the credit card company equally liable and its piss easy to get the money out of them!

Archived