Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Nixonsbest and Worst Breakfasts

nixonsbest

royal amsterdam was the only clean good place there i would eat at. but you do have high society nite club nearby . ,kokomo,s for people watching shipwreak for Soi 6 type of bar .

louis grand hotel for chilling in the daytime good food and margarita jugs .

thailand still best for food and choice 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fried Frankfurts are never good!  They are catering to some form of demographics who eat them!

FILIPINOS eat them! Ever seen a Filipino make a meal of rice and a "Frankfurt"? I have. Also "sweetened" orange drink? Filipinos "sweeten" everything, even spaghetti sauce...bleah. ;)

And whats with the fucking cucumber? I thought pancakes with bacon was vile, but cucumber......jesus.

Hey this is the Phils. I have a book written by a westerner who became dissatisfied with his life there, now lives in the Phils. He reports that the average westerner would be hard pressed to find something edible in a Filipino feast. At least this looks healthy and edible. 

That said, the model in the Phillies Sports Grill surely compensates for many culinary deficiencies. Thanks for the posts and to Nixon for this brilliant thread. :) 

The biggest problem in Thailand and the Philippines is they use Coconut Oil for cooking.  :SoWhat1:

Looking for girls that can appreceate a good man

The Kings Head which used to be Roys has the best breakfast in AC. Round the corner from Orchid Inn.

Hey Nixon.

You invited me to post a few Patt breakfasts and i hope i have paid my debt after a few of them..

The Sailor bar at soi 8..... it Is a 65 baht breakfast.

That says it all.

It is served with a long face.

Ï was asked to sit at the counter.. not at a table one meter away from the counter. Only heaven knows why.

Following a trace of breadcrumbs would be easy to find the toilet.. Need to go through a part of the kitchen where workers with no smile do their labour..    No paper towels to dry hands.. prefab style toilet.

The breakfast : boiled eggs.. no choice in how you want them and mine were too raw to eat and peel to my liking.

Cooked when ordered though cause still boiling hot.

Two brits who didnt get coffee or OJ with their breakfast got shouted at by 2 waitresses. They just asked to get some coffee and OJ but waited until after the breakfast. ""Go Out !""

My God.... what a terrible staff. Not one smile in 7 faces.

Value for money : ok cause only 65 bht.

Atmosphere : almost as fun as a thai prison, I guess.

SAILOR.jpg

SAILOR2.jpg

Sometimes the worst decisions bring us to the best places

See my trip reports    First time out there  Second trip report   Third trip report 2016

Just back from Pattaya and my nomination for best breakfast is Rosie O'Grady's. I went for the English Breakfast at 195 baht. An extra 25 baht for a slice of black pudding was a good choice. 60 baht for a pot of tea or coffee. The potatoes with the breakfast, not something I normally think should be part of a breakfast, were fried crisp and dry, very tasty.

kl vl oud13.JPG

<<<<   The breakfast i had in Klein Vlaanderen in 2013

klein vlaanderen 2.jpg

klein vlaanderen.jpg

Breakfast at Klein  Vlaanderen now,   165 baht. Coffee or tea also included but had that one already while waiting for the brekkie to be cooked.  

Seems consistent.

Address .   2nd Road opposite of soi7

Are there any suggestions for good breakfast places that have not been covered yet ? I am in the soi8 area.

I thought about going to Rosie O Gradys and to Canterbury Tales which i will surely do, but they have appeared several times in this thread.

Sometimes the worst decisions bring us to the best places

See my trip reports    First time out there  Second trip report   Third trip report 2016

What's the best around soi 12/13. I'm staying at the Baywalk residence but theirs is not so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the best around soi 12/13. I'm staying at the Baywalk residence but theirs is not so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The swan Soi 13/2

The swan Soi 13/2

Try WANNA BREAKS just past THE SWAN going towards the Beach on the RIGHT hand side - Saug-Egg and Chips 85 Baht - Very Tasty Saug - Mash and veg 125 Baht - And the only place in town where you can have Boiled Eggs with soldiers - 60 Baht including Tea or Coffee.

Try WANNA BREAKS just past THE SWAN going towards the Beach on the RIGHT hand side - Saug-Egg and Chips 85 Baht - Very Tasty Saug - Mash and veg 125 Baht - And the only place in town where you can have Boiled Eggs with soldiers - 60 Baht including Tea or Coffee.

True, very good also!  

attachicon.gifDSCF0063.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0064.JPG

Troical Berts top end of Soi 6/1, nice place to sit on the deck and watch the coming and goings of soi 6/1.

attachicon.gifDSCF0062.JPG

The English Breakfast 180 Baht. Good quailty food, eggs cooked how I asked, comes with beans but I opted for extra tomato and friendly staff.

attachicon.gifDSCF0060.JPG

Perhaps you should have asked for the Parrot?

Anywhere that serves hotdogs rather than sausages, should never be listed as a best breakfast in my opinion.  Same goes for a slice of processed ham on your plate  :)

And the only place in town where you can have Boiled Eggs with soldiers - 60 Baht including Tea or Coffee.

Should the bread not be toasted ?

936680_1466573863601945_2950107398819676995_n.jpg

Anywhere that serves hotdogs rather than sausages, should never be listed as a best breakfast in my opinion.  Same goes for a slice of processed ham on your plate  :)

or salad items, except fried tomato.

Went to Casa Pascal on nixons recommedation from here , didn't realise it was a buffet , something that I'm no big fan of , but decided to still give it a go , thought the choices on offer were pretty sparse , and it was mainly of the cold variety , it was ok , but left dissapionted .

As I was leaving , only then did I notice that there was a chef cooking to order all the normal hot breakfast stuff that I had come in for , on a BBQ outside the restaurant , only mentioning it here in case there are any other dopes like me that didn't know that this was part of the deal ....then again it would have been good if a member of thier staff had told me .

nixonsbest 

Pastrami on Rye released their breakfast menu on their facebook page....I hope u can go and make a review...the American Breakfast is 165 baht...

nixonsbest 

Pastrami on Rye released their breakfast menu on their facebook page....I hope u can go and make a review...the American Breakfast is 165 baht...

For those without facebook Pastrami on Rye have a good old fashioned website with their menu...

http://www.pastramionryethailand.com/menu.html

Some of their stuff sounds very nice.

nixonsbest 

Good work!  That should keep the Merkins happy!

post-82617-0-12948900-1426150597_thumb.png

https://www.facebook.com/pastramionryethailand

http://www.pastramionryethailand.com/home.html

:hello09:

THE CONTINENTAL

• On soi X-zyte (off soi Buakhaow near Chaiyapoon intersection)
  • Free Wi-Fi
  • Inside small coffee shop with low air-con – small tables outside with fans

I tried the B185 Texas Breakfast

What you get :

- chicken steak (pork or beef)

- fried potatoes with onions

- 2 eggs

- 2 tomatoes

- baked beens

- 2 slides of toast (butter & jam)

- 1 mug of tea or coffee

:Photo1: :Photo1: :Photo1:

CONTINENTAL02.jpg

CONTINENTAL03.jpg

:Good_Night:

continental has great texas breakfast but the place did not use A/C indoors ....just have fans and I was very hot & sweaty during breakfast

I don't know if it is always like this

^^^^^

They also have a cute waitress - if you pay to get her teeth fixed let me know and I will take her at that point

if she is cute enough I can take her with her without teeth fixed  :GoldenSmile1:

Archived