IGNORED

Nixonsbest and Worst Breakfasts

nixonsbest

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see this thread still going strong!

Always said was an excellent thread i have taken tips from here for some great food many times.

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

Going to be very controversial here:

I was last in Bake and Brew 6 weeks ago - since then they have made some changes

No more Earl Grey Tea only Tetleys - obviously you can still have the coffee option

Now you make your own toast - does not really sound that bad but I kind of prefer if I am paying roughly UK prices to have everything done for me - its different in Casa Pascal as that is a buffet venue - hence you have to get up and down

Yes you can have as much toast as you want - and there are several options but....

I think the overall portions were down too - if I am not mistaken there were 2 slices of crispy bacon on the Big Breakfast now renamed option 4 - there i only one but I could be wrong

I have been trying Cafe Panini Soi Buakhao last few days and very impressed with the quality of the food, the portions and the service and also a lot cheaper too - but special mention for the service - all customer facing staff speak excellent English and are trained for the changes that we make - change this for this etc - it all comes as it should do

Sausage Egg McMuffin  :)

The only decision you have to make, is whether to get 1 or 2  :)

Absolutely gorgeous

I was last in Bake and Brew 6 weeks ago - since then they have made some changes

No more Earl Grey Tea only Tetleys - obviously you can still have the coffee option

Now you make your own toast - does not really sound that bad but I kind of prefer if I am paying roughly UK prices to have everything done for me - its different in Casa Pascal as that is a buffet venue - hence you have to get up and down

Yes you can have as much toast as you want - and there are several options but....

I think the overall portions were down too - if I am not mistaken there were 2 slices of crispy bacon on the Big Breakfast now renamed option 4 - there i only one but I could be wrong

I have been trying Cafe Panini Soi Buakhao last few days and very impressed with the quality of the food, the portions and the service and also a lot cheaper too - but special mention for the service - all customer facing staff speak excellent English and are trained for the changes that we make - change this for this etc - it all comes as it should do

I will be very sad if bake&brew changes their perfect breakfasts :(((

want to try Cafe Panini.can u tell where is it located at soi buakhow?

I will be very sad if bake&brew changes their perfect breakfasts :(((

want to try Cafe Panini.can u tell where is it located at soi buakhow?

Oppersite Chabba Hut

I have to agree with Socrates, I was completely underwhelmed by Bake n Brew, I have followed this thread from the start, and been to many places that Nixon has reviewed. I was in Pattaya in December and the breakfast in Bake N Brew (I had had the biggest option of the full English) was quite small, it was cooked ok, but not really worth the money. I personally used Kilkenny's and The Pig and Whistle for the rest of the holiday as the Pig was near August Suites where I was staying. I think at this point in time Kilkenny's are the best both for quantity, quality and the way it is cooked. The Pig and Whistle also have quality ingredients. I am also quite fond of Rosie O Grady's too.

I would also add that the Brooklyn Diner which Nixon recommended was also good, plus I tried other dishes in there which were all good.

I agree with you about Cafe Panini, I just finished the Sunday roast and the chicken portion is huge, they staff are great and would have to have one of the best uniform in town.  Their coffee frappe is 40B cheaper than BnB, just as good and in a better location!

PS:  I think we had foot massage together on Friday!

I personally think this crap would be on par with a freshly laid turd from a soi dog....turd would actually be more appealing

I would bet money that the turd would have more nutritional value and less saturated fat.

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

I have to agree with Socrates, I was completely underwhelmed by Bake n Brew, I have followed this thread from the start, and been to many places that Nixon has reviewed. I was in Pattaya in December and the breakfast in Bake N Brew (I had had the biggest option of the full English) was quite small, it was cooked ok, but not really worth the money. I personally used Kilkenny's and The Pig and Whistle for the rest of the holiday as the Pig was near August Suites where I was staying. I think at this point in time Kilkenny's are the best both for quantity, quality and the way it is cooked. The Pig and Whistle also have quality ingredients. I am also quite fond of Rosie O Grady's too.

I would also add that the Brooklyn Diner which Nixon recommended was also good, plus I tried other dishes in there which were all good.

Brooklyn Dinner put his breakfast price up 20B!  If you are going to pay that you might as well go to Kilkenny's and get some proper toast!  I have to say Brooklyn Dinner's lasagna is pretty good.

Brooklyn Dinner put his breakfast price up 20B!  If you are going to pay that you might as well go to Kilkenny's and get some proper toast!  I have to say Brooklyn Dinner's lasagna is pretty good.

I wonder if you were there when I was (Brooklyn Diner)? I was sitting on the left as you go in on my own, this would have been between Dec 18th to 20th. They were 2 guys on my right, one looked like he was having a skype chat, but he ordered Lasagne. Was that you? He obviously knew the guy that was sitting next to him, and he did comment about the quality of the food. 

I agree with you about Cafe Panini, I just finished the Sunday roast and the chicken portion is huge, they staff are great and would have to have one of the best uniform in town.  Their coffee frappe is 40B cheaper than BnB, just as good and in a better location!

PS:  I think we had foot massage together on Friday!

Most probably - I hope we are friends again...

I wonder if you were there when I was (Brooklyn Diner)? I was sitting on the left as you go in on my own, this would have been between Dec 18th to 20th. They were 2 guys on my right, one looked like he was having a skype chat, but he ordered Lasagne. Was that you? He obviously knew the guy that was sitting next to him, and he did comment about the quality of the food. 

No! From memory I sat on the right (very comfy bench seats) and there was only a couple in there! In summer it will be the place to eat that air con is cranking!

Most probably - I hope we are friends again...

I have missed you big fella! 

Love

Pompui Dan

I personally think this crap would be on par with a freshly laid turd from a soi dog....turd would actually be more appealing

I dont see many about on the pavements or up and down the sois of pattaya....you`d go hungry. :WinkGrin1:

coke for breakfast? 

Now I KNOW I'm not the only one that drinks soda for breakfast (diet coke by the way).

A long time ago I couldn't stomach anything more than orange juice for breakfast, but somehow got used to drinking soda.

http://thestir.cafemom.com/food_party/140101/restaurants_push_soda_for_breakfast

http://ask.metafilter.com/10777/cocacola-coke-breakfast-soda-morning-pop

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Now I KNOW I'm not the only one that drinks soda for breakfast (diet coke by the way).

A long time ago I couldn't stomach anything more than orange juice for breakfast, but somehow got used to drinking soda.

http://thestir.cafemom.com/food_party/140101/restaurants_push_soda_for_breakfast

http://ask.metafilter.com/10777/cocacola-coke-breakfast-soda-morning-pop

Until I largely kicked my soda addiction, it was what I always had with breakfast.  I don't drink coffee or tea, and OJ is WAY to high in sugar for me (insulin dependent diabetic), so Diet Coke was always my drink of choice.  Even now, if I hit Mickey D's drive thru on my way to an a.m. meeting or Chick-Fil-A (for the GREATEST chicken biscuit on the planet!), I always go for a diet soda with it.

Until I largely kicked my soda addiction, it was what I always had with breakfast.  I don't drink coffee or tea, and OJ is WAY to high in sugar for me (insulin dependent diabetic), so Diet Coke was always my drink of choice.  Even now, if I hit Mickey D's drive thru on my way to an a.m. meeting or Chick-Fil-A (for the GREATEST chicken biscuit on the planet!), I always go for a diet soda with it.

Maybe I'm just addicted to diet coke, but not only do I have it for breakfast but also lunch and dinner.

Chick Fil A is awesome, there's one not too far from where I live so I go there at least once or twice a week. Best chicken sandwich around.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Maybe I'm just addicted to diet coke, but not only do I have it for breakfast but also lunch and dinner.

Chick Fil A is awesome, there's one not too far from where I live so I go there at least once or twice a week. Best chicken sandwich around.

I used to drink about  1 1/2 or 2 2 liter bottles of Diet Coke/Pepsi/Dr. Pepper a day.

I switched to water, but I put caffeinated shit in it that is probably worse than diet soft drinks!

I freakin LOVE Chick Fil A!  The sandwiches, the nuggets and the damn chicken biscuits for breakfast!  They finally built one close to downtown LA (by USC) , but I moved my office out of downtown right after it opened.  It's a decent drive for me to hit one, but whenever I know I'm driving by one, I always plan to eat there.

Yep

Totally agree

I often go in to Bake and Brew

Went in 3 days ago for the breakfast

The quality has deffo gone down

I will not be back for a breakfast

Far better options about for less Baht

Just one

The Swan soi 13/2 does a decent breakfast for 99 Baht

But this is only between 9.00 am -12.00

Far better quality than you get at the I rovers but not quite as much quantity so will not appeal to all board members

I have always been a big water drinker and prefer it to tea or coffee! I often ask for a bottle of water instead of tea/coffee with breakfast and they will not do it, cause it is a big mark up item. Jameson's charge 50B for a bottle of water that would wholesale at 5B!

Yep

Totally agree

I often go in to Bake and Brew

Went in 3 days ago for the breakfast

The quality has deffo gone down

I will not be back for a breakfast

Far better options about for less Baht

Just one

The Swan soi 13/2 does a decent breakfast for 99 Baht

But this is only between 9.00 am -12.00

Far better quality than you get at the I rovers but not quite as much quantity so will not appeal to all board members

Swans/Ritz has always been quality!

Archived