the golf club is the worst breakfast I have had in patts

the sausage are disgusting all round it was shite

but this is only my opinion

Have to disagree its one of the best imo

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to disagree its one of the best imo

Same.I think he has it confused somehow.It can't be the same one we go to.

Same.I think he has it confused somehow.It can't be the same one we go to.

That or he has a gripe with the owner

I dont think we have had a bad word about the food at GC.

[/quote

Lol.Weve heard some bad words about Joy,the morning service girl.But not the food.

Oh well.Certainly won't stop me from having the sausage bunster.

The only negative I have heard is they are a bit clicky and the owner has his feet up on the table!  Fill us in on Joy!  And pic are always good.

The only negative I have heard is they are a bit clicky and the owner has his feet up on the table!  Fill us in on Joy!  And pic are always good.

I will find a pic of Joy,I believe I have one.

She is the long haired morning girl.

She's a bit grumpy and takes a while to get to know,but underneath,of course she is an absolute sweetheart.

I have seen her bee gruff to people she doesn't know and I can see how it might turn some people off that early in the morning.

I have fun with her.Shes great at her job,no biggy to me.

BTW.She collects key rings.lol.

I always bring her a key ring from somewhere I have been and she takes them home and hangs them up.

Lots of other regulars there do the same and it's her little thing.

I can also see how people say it might be clicky.

I guess if you Havnt been there and a bunch of Yanks are sitting there arguing about whatever they are arguing about that day,I could see how it might look like you have to be on the inside to be there.

I know pretty much everyone there for a long time,doesn't bother me.The food is good,I am really good friends with the owners and it does me fine.

I disagree as well: Golf Club is my regular breakfast along with a few other places on here...  always great quality and an opportunity to catch up on american sport...  

Witherspoons

I know the op visited and had slow service however I've been there 2 consecutive days and the service was superb very fast and big smiles from both girls.

Just had large English 165baht great value with

nice ok and coffee.

Yesterday American 115baht .

My fav 3 now are bake n brew jockys and witherspoons.

I HAD A BAD BREAKFAST DAY!!!!

Secondly at The Billabong LK Metro

http://billabonghotel.com/restaurant.htm

So after walking from Soi 7 to Walking street and back to LK Metro, I was after a hearty brealfast and after all the rave review on this joint I thought I would give it ago.

This would be the worst big english breakfast I have had in Pattaya, I paid my bill and walked away in disgust.

Another cordial job instead of proper OJ!! 

The 160 THB big Breakfast, every thing was cooked on the outiside, not it the middle and cold.

The sausages where inedible, not properly cooked and tasting of cold lard.

I was not even going to try this egg, how can people serve this crap!

Had breakfast at the Billabong once maybe 3 years ago.... it was terrible.

Coffee grounds in the coffee, tasteless sausage, oily cold hash browns, orange squash, overcooked eggs. I think I ate the bacon fruit and toast.

i'd rather eat a fishes face than a steak and kidney pie

Golf Club food is of excellent quality. The downsides are the miserable ill mannered service girl and the clicky cigar smoking loud mouthed clientele.

I agree. I've been to the Golf Course twice for dinner and the food was excellent but the tables are too close together and many people smoke including some horrible cheap cigars. I won't be back.

I remember Greg's when it was on 2nd Road, just near Soi 6 - to get your energy up!

Many of these set breakfasts are a bit greasy for me. Buffets can be okay, but everyone tends to overeat insanely.

This is a useful guide though.

Please keep it up and perhaps include more variety?

Always used to eat here I thought it shut down where s drinking street

Always used to eat here I thought it shut down where s drinking street

north of previous location in the direction of travel on 2nd rd past Big C comes up on the right big sign drinking street Gregs is down the first entrance at the end and again on the right

Ate dinner at Greg's once. My Geordie friend loved it, I thought the veggies etc were cooked beyond recognition.

i'd rather eat a fishes face than a steak and kidney pie

• 3 weeks later...

Queen Victoria Inn - Soi 6

http://www.queenvictoria-inn.com/index2.htm

attachicon.gifDSCF0751.JPG

Punch and Judy should take a few notes on this place!

attachicon.gifDSCF0755.JPG

Nice big OJ.

attachicon.gifDSCF0753.JPG

170 THB big breakfast, good meal truck loads of bacon, extra hash brown to replace baked beans, small complaint tinned tomatoes and only one slice of toast.

attachicon.gifDSCF0754.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0756.JPG

Queen Vic has the best breakfast I have had yet in Patts.  Real thick cut bacon, real sautéed mushrooms and nicely poached eggs.  It is quite common to have a tinned tomato, kind of reminded me of back home although I do prefer a fresh one.  No complaints about the cooks here - finally can get some decent western food in Pattaya.

2014-03-12 11.24.12.jpg

2014-03-12 11.25.17.jpg

single-mum.jpg

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

I agree. I've been to the Golf Course twice for dinner and the food was excellent but the tables are too close together and many people smoke including some horrible cheap cigars. I won't be back.

If you mean The Golf Club, then its one of the few bars that have a smoking ban IN the bar.

Queen Vic has the best breakfast I have had yet in Patts.  Real thick cut bacon, real sautéed mushrooms and nicely poached eggs.  It is quite common to have a tinned tomato, kind of reminded me of back home although I do prefer a fresh one.  No complaints about the cooks here - finally can get some decent western food in Pattaya.

attachicon.gif2014-03-12 11.24.12.jpg

attachicon.gif2014-03-12 11.25.17.jpg

Looks great apart from that tomato 

:Puke2:

attachicon.gif2014-03-12 11.24.12.jpg

attachicon.gif2014-03-12 11.25.17.jpg

The breakfast at Queeen Vic gets a thumbs up from me too...eggs cooked well to order and quality of the bacon & sausages are better than most you get in Breakfasts in the same price bracket and worth the premium over the cheaper 99 baht breakfasts elsewhere in town...

Also if you sit by the window, it's always interesting watching the Soi come back to life mid-morning

Hooray beer!

• 3 weeks later...

Pittcoin Cafe, next to Friendship Supermarket.

post-82617-1397781813975.jpg

80 B double espresso, watery and weak.

post-82617-13977819022017.jpg

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk

Witherspoon's Soi Backcow

post-82617-13977857016399.jpg

Nice oj, weak coffee.

post-82617-13977857792749.jpg

245 B Big Breakfast! They are charging 100 B more than it is worth, even at 145 B it was very average, raw tomatoes, vinger taste on the poached eggs and pudden as dry as toast.

post-82617-13977858350429.jpg

When I say no beans I me no beans!

post-82617-1397785893666.jpg

post-82617-13977860115851.jpg

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk

Archived