IGNORED

Nixonsbest and Worst Breakfasts

nixonsbest

i'm struggling on the maths re the eggs 108  / 30  = 3.6  !

and i know in friendship today and everyday for the last 3 months 30 eggs is 138 bht which is 4.6, and if u are buying enough ie several hundred a day it has to be less than that.

i eat breakie in the condo but a mate of mine who lives in the LK Metro area has had problems getting a seat for breakfast in the I- Rovers , they do such a huge volume of covers

As I read it, he is saying 3.6 per egg, so 7.2 total for the 2 eggs that you get

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was talking to one bar owner who's breakfast is 150 THB and not in the same ball park as I-Rover's, he reckons it cost him 95 THB.  So I-Rover are properly breaking even, but it is their draw card and how much to they load up other meals and drinks?

I was talking to one bar owner who's breakfast is 150 THB and not in the same ball park as I-Rover's, he reckons it cost him 95 THB.  So I-Rover are properly breaking even, but it is their draw card and how much to they load up other meals and drinks?

Are you still in Pattaya?

Any thoughts on adding some more reviews or even a "best of" summary?  

I REALLY enjoy the work you've put into this!  Thanks again!

I-ROVER

This is a post off Facebook "The Breakfast Club" from Simon the owner of I-Rovers, should clear up a few myths about his breakfast.

post-82617-0-58640500-1392959591.png

Nixonsbest.. if you could do a summary that would be great. I have started reading the 26 pages of this thread twice now and got distracted. Just tell me where to go eat breakfast.. best taste, best value. 

Anyone know if the i-Rover's breakfast is available all day? I often sleep til noon, but still feel like breakfast at 3pm. 

Nixonsbest.. if you could do a summary that would be great. I have started reading the 26 pages of this thread twice now and got distracted. Just tell me where to go eat breakfast.. best taste, best value. 

Anyone know if the i-Rover's breakfast is available all day? I often sleep til noon, but still feel like breakfast at 3pm. 

yes

as a fan of this topic I want to share 2 breakfast reviews from my last trip

I tried the big english breakfast at butcher's arm pub at soi buakhaow next to pooks bar

big english breakfast is 160 baht and does not include any drink.

2 standart toaster bread not even warm and non quality butter and jam

IMG_0828.JPG

did not order beans.your plate will come with beans

IMG_0832.JPG

eggs were overcooked and sausage was not tasty

overall I will not go butchers arm for breakfast again

thanks to nixonsbest I had excellent breakfasts and Bake N Brew.I tried american breakfast because I hate beans.american breakfast comes with patatoes instead of beans.

price is 160baht with one drink included.your choice of coffee or juice 

first of all the place is top notch.tables,decor,menu and staff are far over pattaya avarages

I choose orange juice.it was very tasty with pulp

IMG_0844.JPG

very good bakery bread and quality butter and jam

IMG_0845.JPG

2 grilled tomatoes are extra for 20 baht.

IMG_0847.JPG

everything in this plate is so tasty I wanted to lick it clean :)

IMG_0848.JPG

bose 301 is one of the most expensive speakers you can find in thailand

IMG_0849.JPG

IMG_0844.JPG

IMG_0845.JPG

IMG_0848.JPG

IMG_0849.JPG

IMG_0847.JPG

CLICK ON MY SIGNATURE 

CLICK ON MY SIGNATURE 

Hi Nixonsbest,

that is great to see your top 3! I have been following every update but this sure makes things easy. I have not yet tried Bake n Brew but will for sure when I get back to Pattaya. I also like Rosie o Gradys, I also need to try the Lounge.

thanks for all your time and effort, thanks for the summary,

SDM197. 

Hey! I'm the one who first pointed out Bake 'n Brew!

nixonsbest--stop stealing my glory! ;)

I will be back in April, will take you up on that seafood offer.  If it is still good.

I will be back in April, will take you up on that seafood offer.  If it is still good.

Definitely still on. Just ate their yesterday--world class food in basically a dirt shack at dirt cheap prices, My kind of place.

Where is the best Jewish del

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Don't know  if there any,never seen one.

Robw

Lovely thread, and a lot of good (and not so good) looking breakfasts in here. Thanks for taking multiple bullets for the team!  :GoldenSmile1:

Restaurants in Pattaya sure do seem to love using egg rings...

I've tried the English Breakfast at both 18 Coins and Irish Rovers in the past week and I gotta say the I-Rovers was the tastier of the two. The value is unbeatable at 99 baht. Both breakfasts are pretty similar and both include OJ and coffee, but the drinks were both larger serves at the I-Rovers. I believe 18 coins breakfast was 130 baht.

I-Rovers is the clear winner IMO, but I'm looking forward to trying Nixonsbest's recommendations. 

18 Coins Breakfast:

18coinsbreakfast.jpg

i-Rover's 99 Baht Breakfast:

IrishRoversBreakfast.jpg

Kiss Food JOMTIEN

Walk up Soi 5  (Soi Immigration) away from the beach - it intersects with Jomtien Second road and just opposite the intersection is Kiss Food.

While the one in Pattaya seems to get the thumbs down the JOMTIEN branch seems to serve good cheep and cheerful food.

It seems to be clean (open Kitchen) and in over 2 years of eating there i have never gotten sick. Coffee sucks!

For a quick bit of food at a cheep and cheerful price it hits the spot. Lots of other things to bolster up breakfast and add variety as nothing is particularly expensive.

Thai food for the handbrake is cheep and good. So satisfies the Thai breakfast appetite as well.

Breakfast from 80Baht up - but nothing like the Irovers - just simple. Convenient if you dot want to go into Pattaya - has parking.

If I could get parking in Pattaya then I would much prefer to go to the places on the list in this thread. For a better breakfast than kiss and still park friendly (at that time of day) is SURF KITCHEN on the beach at the beach end of sio 5

Nixonsbest keep up the good work - your efforts are appreciated.

It is better to light even one candle than to live in fear of the dark.

the golf club is the worst breakfast I have had in patts

the sausage are disgusting all round it was shite

but this is only my opinion

Irovers is my favourite, one thing they could include is more OJ. Its just a small glass with a huge ice cube in there.

Worse is Intown Holiday hotel. I had it 3 times and felt sick after each time.

I`ve tried most of the places featured and this morning was the best.

Jockeys next to China garden soi lengkee large breakfast 145baht outstanding value comes with oj and a very large

mug of good coffee.

Not tried bake n`brew yet since its always closed around

930am when I eat brekky will make the effort next couple of

days to go a bit later in the morning.

Archived