IGNORED

Nixonsbest and Worst Breakfasts

nixonsbest

is it just me or anybody else feels disgusted seeing a toilet photo just after a breakfast plate  :Puke2:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is it just me or anybody else feels disgusted seeing a toilet photo just after a breakfast plate  :Puke2:

I am not bothered, if the toilet is not clean the kitchen is not going to be much better!

At the risk of sounding boring Casa Pascal (just off Second Road across the road from Marriott hotel) gets my vote every time.  Below is a variant of what I had to eat every day for 7 days.

attachicon.gifDSC_0030 (1).jpg

Partially buffet style, salad, rice, noodles, potatoes, soup, also cereals, yoghurts, fruit, desserts eg compote, mousse, and selection of fantastic breads and good croissants and waffles. All repeatable. Endless juice, fresh coffee, tea, coke, sprite, with capuccino, latte, mocha made to order.

Great grill station outside to cook eggs (any way you like) with chicken, port escallopes, bacon sausage all cooked to order. 

All served on table clothed tables, with decent music and staff with smiles on their faces. 

Price 225 baht. Worth every brass farthing. Served from 8.00 to 14.00.

Unbelievably good value and I cant thank enough everyone who pointed me in that direction. Made a brilliant start to every day.

I enjoy going to c.p. for their breakfast buffet, but wasn't aware of special ordering of lattes, epressos, etc. Are you sure this is included in the buffet price? If it is, I'll be changing my ordering practice ;)

block my posts.jpeg

:SoWhat1:  You can block my posts so you don't have to see (if you don't like) :GoldenSmile1:

I enjoy going to c.p. for their breakfast buffet, but wasn't aware of special ordering of lattes, epressos, etc. Are you sure this is included in the buffet price? If it is, I'll be changing my ordering practice ;)

Yep m8

All inclusive.(except for the waitress)

As Benny said inclusive, you have to be a bit patient but the coffee turns up, I drink a minimum 2 double espressos which is 150B at most places, for an extra 75B you get a feed.

Altough being from the other side of the world than Benny, I understand his logic and his thinking.

Like Nixon said ..   We think also that you can judge the place's cleanliness on the way they maintain their toilets.
If a place has a bad and dirty shithouse,  i will not eat there again. 
One , because i think their food hygiene will be bad.

Two, because i sometimes want to use the toilet in a restaurant and i dont want to have a bad feeling while sitting down on the pot. And not have to do like in the picture I added here, in complete disgust

Benny : your photo there of the man in the urinal makes me think about the song :  Bad day, Daniel Powter

toilet.jpg

Sometimes the worst decisions bring us to the best places

See my trip reports    First time out there  Second trip report   Third trip report 2016

The old Irish rover toilet was pretty rank, and everyone bangs on how good their breakfast is!

Yes it seems it is just you,which I find odd.

Yes it seems it is just you,which I find odd.

You got an Aussie breakfast to post?

You got an Aussie breakfast to post?

I would but even the photo costs $16.50.

Will add one tommorow.Off Marlin fishing today.

I would but even the photo costs $16.50.

Will add one tommorow.Off Marlin fishing today.

How much more expensive is Australia to Canada?

How much more expensive is Australia to Canada?

Quite a bit to be honest.

You're getting killed over here and it's all because it seems "they" can.

From cars to food,building houses to electricity and water.

But I'm just busting balls.Having a great time.Not like we can't all afford it.

Heading to Sydney soon,will hopefully hook up with sinbad for a pint.

His shout.

Went to Rosie O Gradies today in soi 7.

This is just my honest opinion. You have to know I am not an expert on British breakfast as I am from Holland,

Environment :

Nice waitresses and enough of them to serve fast and efficiently.

Clean British pub on the inside with BBC World Service on the Tv screen.

NIce British meals like fish and chips special today.

Breakfast :

Served in three sizes, so i took the biggest one.
It is brought to you on a really big plate.

Coffee or OJ not included so need to order extra drink which makes the price go up.
Quality of brekkies seemed decent.   No oil on the plate.  

A large effort was made to keep the plate clean of oil,
Even the baked potatoes were dried and so was the bacon.

Good size breakfast but not that big.    Maybe you could consider this one as a normal breakfast and the other ones as more small than normal.  

Compared to other breakfasts i had,  i was kind of missing the value for money a bit.

But that was made up for by the interior and the staff.

Still, I consider the brekkies in Rosies to be a little overpriced.  

But seeing my previous post, i still think Canterbury tales also provides a good value for money breakfast compared to this one.

Canterbury Tales cheaper , drinks included, honest value for money. 

There where soi8 Sailor bar is more in the category : you give peanuts, you get monkies.

20150320_123435.jpg

20150320_115550.jpg

20150320_120307.jpg

See my trip reports    First time out there  Second trip report   Third trip report 2016

Hi

:Think1:  I'm planning to go there next time  :GoldenSmile1:

BBF3.jpg

BBF2.jpg

BBF1.jpg

:NiceThread1::Crazy1::Good_Night:

Went to Rosie O Gradies today in soi 7.

This is just my honest opinion. You have to know I am not an expert on British breakfast as I am from Holland,

Environment :

Nice waitresses and enough of them to serve fast and efficiently.

Clean British pub on the inside with BBC World Service on the Tv screen.

NIce British meals like fish and chips special today.

Breakfast :

Served in three sizes, so i took the biggest one.

It is brought to you on a really big plate.

Coffee or OJ not included so need to order extra drink which makes the price go up.

Quality of brekkies seemed decent.   No oil on the plate.  

A large effort was made to keep the plate clean of oil,

Even the baked potatoes were dried and so was the bacon.

Good siwe breakfast but not that big.    Maybe you could consider this one as a normal breakfast and the other ones as more small than normal.  

Compared to other breakfasts i had,  i was kind of missing the value for money a bit. But that was made up for by the interior and the staff.Still, I consider the brekkies in Rosies to be a little overpriced.  

But seeing my previous post, i still think Canterbury tales also provides a good value for money breakfast compared to this one.

Canterbury Tales cheaper , drinks included, honest value for money. 

There where soi8 Sailor bar is more in the category : you give peanuts, you get monkies.

attachicon.gif20150320_123435.jpg

attachicon.gif20150320_115550.jpg

attachicon.gif20150320_120307.jpg

Rosie's does not seem to be getting any better!  Anyone know if they have changed owners in the last 6 months?

:hello09: :hello09:

CASA PASCAL

• on 2nd road (yep)

casamap.jpg

• Inside restaurant with air-co. (Some tables outside with fans)
  • Free Wi-Fi (good speed)
  • UK and Thai newspapers
  • Friendly, attentive and polite staff
  • Serving time: from 0800am to 0200pm
  • It’s a breakfast buffet.

• B225 the value for money is excellent

What you get:

:Photo1: :Photo1: :Photo1: :Photo1: :Photo1: :Photo1: :Photo1:

photography-for-dummies.jpg

Let the pix do the talking

CP01.jpg

CP02.jpg

CP03.jpg

CP04.jpg

CP05.jpg

CP06.jpg

CP07.jpg

CP08.jpg

CP09.jpg

* If you're bursting to go to the loo :laugh:

:LOL2: BTW: Quick check for the general appearance of cleanliness in toilet areas :Piss2:

Clean, well-stocked washrooms show patrons that a restaurant owner cares about their well-being and overall experience and will leave them with a positive lasting impression.

CP10.jpg

CP11.jpg

:Crazy1:   :Good_Night:

Rosie's does not seem to be getting any better!  Anyone know if they have changed owners in the last 6 months?

I went in and asked one of the waitresses if they still had the same owner as 2 years ago.

She said yes.  Still same.

I didnt think the breakfast was bad.

It was good.     Maybe the bacon dried with paper (and not very warm). The potato was a frozen product

and also dried on paper probably. Sausages also cleaned the fat off.

But better this than a lot of oil on the plate.

Have no idea about the difference compared to a few years ago.

It was the first time i had a meal there.

Lucky i didnt go to Casa Pascal today.. otherwise i would have posted a report about that. Went past it on the baht bus yesterday.

Benny - thanks for the photos!  Cafe Pascal is always on my "to go" list, but last 2 trips I had free breakfast at hotel.  Hoping to go on my next trip (in less than 10 days)

What is on the middle plate in this photo -- is it hash brown potatoes?

cp.jpg

Benny - thanks for the photos!  Cafe Pascal is always on my "to go" list, but last 2 trips I had free breakfast at hotel.  Hoping to go on my next trip (in less than 10 days)

What is on the middle plate in this photo -- is it hash brown potatoes?

attachicon.gifcp.jpg

Looks like the rosti (hash brown), I normally get that first then take it out to the BBQ and get them to put the fried eggs and bacon on top.

Archived