Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Nixonsbest and Worst Breakfasts

nixonsbest

Yes, the Kilkenny breakfast looks good & a good price too.  I wouldn't eat the tomato anyway so not bothered where it came from.

Definitely looks giving it a try on my next trip

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Tavern by the Sea - looks like they forgot to cook the sausages, horrible and all for 230bht.

Great reviews, thx.

Linda's Restaurant   Thappreya RD Jomtien

http://www.lindasrestaurant.com/default.asp?Folder=2116

I was on my way to O'Garas and went a bit to far, was about to double back and then saw Linda's.

post-82617-0-70568100-1376718367_thumb.jpg

Good orange juice and above average coffee. (not instant)

post-82617-0-15622000-1376718390_thumb.jpg

129 THB Full English Breakfast worth the trip and the money once.  Very popular with the Viking crew.

post-82617-0-83668200-1376718412_thumb.jpg

The breakfast was pre-cooked and cold, quality ingredients and well presented.

post-82617-0-04084300-1376718432_thumb.jpg

The double Espresso was crap, not served in the correct cup and cost 110 + vat, a bottle of water was 40 + vat, all up the basic drinks cost more than the meal. 

post-82617-0-53838200-1376718452_thumb.jpg

post-82617-0-66609500-1376718469_thumb.jpg

^ head down to Rosco's Soi Honey

10 THB cheaper and 50% better.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

I think very highly of Rosco's. It's a great place to drink and watch the Aussie sport. The staff is nice and there is even potential for a bit of fresh air flowing through as they've bought the unit in the next soi and expanded right through. Never had the breakfast though.

In fact, most of the breakfasts pictured on this thread make me glad I don't usually rise till 1pm.

The Lindas bfast looked so nice until you mentioned the cold serving and small cups of coffee ,ah such a pity as looks quality servings.

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

You should have turned around. Tara court has never disappointed me and they do great Thai food for the GF. If you get through the 160 baht breaky you won't need to eat again for 24 hours

You should have turned around. Tara court has never disappointed me and they do great Thai food for the GF. If you get through the 160 baht breaky you won't need to eat again for 24 hours

agree the full Irish at 160฿ is the best I've had in pattaya also 1free refil of tea or coffee

same same same - went yesterday to Tara Court - don't usually go anywhere else (mind you I do live on Pratumnak) but their 160 Full Irish is great and its nice to be able to sit in an air conditioned bar and read the English / Irish newspapers to make you realise that you don't want to go back to England :) :)

The Pig & Whistle Pub Jomtien    

http://www.pigandwhistlejomtien.com/

post-82617-0-71327500-1376811564_thumb.jpg

No tea, coffee or orange juice included in this breakfast.

That is a 60 THB cup of weak espresso served cold., least they got the cup size right.

post-82617-0-15114400-1376811576_thumb.jpg

190 THB Full English Breakfast, Big portions, served hot and tasty. 

post-82617-0-69217100-1376811593_thumb.jpg

All she wrote on this breakfast, very filling and look how thick that bacon is.

post-82617-0-58531700-1376811650_thumb.jpg

Staff are a touch miserable. 

post-82617-0-51517300-1376811676_thumb.jpg

Well looking forward to your Tara Court review whenever that Is, as a friend of mine suggested I try it few yrs back as sposed to be the best bfast deal in nice surroundings too.

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

I just ate at Roscoe's (sp?) on nixonsbest's suggestion. Big breakfast, 120 baht.

I'll start with the good and work my way down to the not-so-good (nothing really bad).

The bacon was very nice and plentiful--streaky bacon which I prefer to back bacon. Nicely smoked. Next best--the bread had some character, not just white bread. The sausage tasted ok--not great but ok. The eggs were cooked well. The potatoes were ok too, but bland as hell. I think I found a tiny piece of fried onion on the bottom of them. They would have been much better with some spices and more onions or other sweet vegetables. The beans were beans--I'd probably ask for no beans next time. The tea was Lipton. Meh.

Very filling and probably the best deal I've seen for a non-buffet breakfast in Patters.

On a side, personal note. On the walk back home I passed some Thai food carts, and I realized that if I had bought food from them, it would have been a lot more flavorful *except* for that lovely bacon. Good bacon rocks.

O'Garas Irish Bar and Grill  338/109 Moo12, Soi 5, Pratumnak Road Jomtien

http://taracourt.net/O-Garas-Irish-Bar--Grill/336

post-82617-0-79367500-1376896293_thumb.jpg

Good Coffee and Orange Juice.

post-82617-0-74137400-1376896306_thumb.jpg

The 160 THB breakfast.  A good breakfast and quality ingredients, but except for the eggs it was all pre cooked.  The sausages and potatoes where cold, the tomatoes, capsicum and mushrooms had been on the stove that long the the skin had steamed off and where stewed.  Back to the potatoes, they had been par boiled and over cooked to start with as the insides where powder like, you cant crisp potatoes this way as the oil gets sucked into the middle. Bacon and eggs where perfect, the rest must have been a bad day for the cook.

post-82617-0-29306900-1376896326_thumb.jpg

Good staff and seating.

post-82617-0-61490300-1376896344_thumb.jpg

post-82617-0-87693800-1376896435_thumb.jpg

I must say that's not the normal breakfast experience I've had in the past from Tara court but hey I guess it must be mondayitis from the cook.

Jimmy Macs  Soi 6

post-82617-0-73210600-1376966744_thumb.jpg

I think it was grape fruit juice.  

post-82617-0-67131400-1376966762_thumb.jpg

The 120 THB Breakfast, besides the tinned tomatoes, Mrs Mac cooked up a quality feed.  Everything was hot and tasty with fuck all oil and real butter on descent bread.

post-82617-0-02968800-1376966779_thumb.jpg

Get there early before the natives arrive and get the shits cause your in their seat reading their paper.

post-82617-0-46646100-1376966799_thumb.jpg

I bet this place has had some tales to tell.

post-82617-0-66770400-1376966809_thumb.jpg

Old skool sign.

post-82617-0-10304500-1376966829_thumb.jpg

Thank you so much for starting this topic Nixonsbest!

I normally take a stroll and roll the dice when it comes to breakfast but I visited The Ritz about an hour ago and was very impressed. The meal was per your pic although I kept the beans and ditched the tomato. Everything was pretty good, the bacon great, and the sausage fantastic. Highly recommended.

Keep up the great work.

Jimmy Macs  Soi 6

Get there early before the natives arrive and get the shits cause your in their seat reading their paper.

And the ladyboys start work next door 555

Bawdy by name, Bawdy by nature.

Continental Café & Restaurant NB.  You fucked up badly going to Lindas....I dare you to get through the 20 breakfast combo options - you might ask them to combine them all into a Mega-NixonsBest-Super-Pattaya breakfast special for 199 baht.

The jam could be better

The coffee is tolerable

Jesssus I had muesli this morning - and it was good. How the Super Healthy option includes a chock full mug of coffee defies my sensibilities, yet I did drink it all

I will not need lunch or dinner now!  179b highest price.

Those in the know, they know.

Mind you I had to put up with old gay gays crapping on about the Boer War, occupational breakfast hazard in Pattaya unfortunately.  At least its not women crapping on about vagina talk.

And after a long night with Pla, my taste buds were somewhat challenged by som-tum salty fish oral hygiene in my mouth.  yech

I have been having the Green Bottle buffet mostly each trip and have had for the last 3 days.The best thing is you can keep going back for more all the time...B120.I had a little bit of an "incident" this morning however that was not too appetizing....I was finishing off my watermelon and pineapple slices and across the road I see a homeless Thai lady walking along 2nd road looking very dishevalled and filthy...she squats..and I am thinking what is the best and worst case scenario?  You guessed it...it was the worst case scenario!...she "bombed Bagdad"...quite disgusting,and no it was not the "kicking lady" or freelancer Na!

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Kiss Food Dolphin Round About

zaqazu7u.jpg

6ejuge7e.jpg

74 THB. Better than you would think.

yry2u7as.jpg

bypapyta.jpg

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

oh, is that a hotdog wrapped in bacon, on a square slice of processed ham ? (no no no no).  The eggs look fine though  :)

Nice thread! Any reviews of healthy breakfasts? ( I.e. oatmeal, fruits, etc.)

Oatmeal?  Is it possible to review oatmeal?  Wouldn't it all be the same review: "restaurant number 237's oatmeal, still gray, bland, and mushy as always."   

I guess healthy breakfast reviews would make sense for the expats, so I'm not going to knock it outside of my joke above. I'm certainly not going to be eating oatmeal on my vacation though.  

oh, is that a hotdog wrapped in bacon, on a square slice of processed ham ? (no no no no).  The eggs look fine though  :)

I am getting accustomed  to them,  a sprinkle of MSG fixers everything.

Archived