Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

travel routers

jennings

Does anyone use these portable type travel routers for their hotel wifi. Amazon has good reviews on them. Interested if any members have tried these AP devices. I'm considering buying one because hotel wifi can be very spotty.

http://www.amazon.co...&sprefix=travel router,aps,366&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Atravel%20routertravel router.jpgtravel router 2.jpg

http://www.amazon.co...vel router.jpg]

I bought the TP link one a couple of months ago, tuk com 950B.

Works good, used it as a wifi signal repeater in Pattaya, and use it as a router here in Afghanistan.

The range is about 20 ft when I checked.

Adi

Money Can't Buy Life Robert Nesta Marley

Just make your smart phone a access point and use that. Android phones can do this and I assume apple ones as well. Google something like android tethering

I use an Asus one. Very handy. Love it. My cell also can act as hotspot as bungee suggested, but it is no where near as versatile. For example, in room w/o only LAN access then you are SOL.

Unless you can get a USB-Ethernet adapter working via your phone/tablet, possibly using a USB-On-The-Go adapter.

Unfortunately I can't seem to get it working on mine, only sends packets, not receive them, or I haven't got the correct compile options.

Thanks, guys. I have a Verizon iphone so the cell phone hot-spot would work at home. But I don't think it would work in Thailand. I just use an old unlocked Razr phone when in Thailand.

I carry a 20ft. ethernet cable for my laptop to connect to the LAN when the wifi is spotty. I'm just looking for an option where my laptop doesn't always have to be tethered to the ethernet cable. The hotels will say free wifi but that definitely doesn't guarantee it'll work in your room. 555.

These mobile wifi routers are on sale from time to time. I got my ASUS (great little device) for about $15. Once setup, it acts like a full router and I can connect all of my devices to it at the same time (as well as any friend visiting your room). You also get an added security with it.

Just make your smart phone a access point and use that. Android phones can do this and I assume apple ones as well. Google something like android tethering

Smart phones don't always have the best range. I have TP Link wifi repeater for 1000 baht. it has a long range and works really good. You can connect to it wirelessly or lan cable. After using one myself, I think what you're looking at is worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a TP-LINK, it also work on battery .

It's like a normal router, but very tiny .

You should get one ;)

Just purchased the TP-Link. I tried it out as an AP and it works great. The range was at least a 100ft. and through a wall that was partially cinder block.

• 2 months later...

Archived